WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

GUNPOWDER GN 6 is FINALLY ready to race.

fdlock890

River Rat
Reaction score
Just thought I would pass along that I am FINALLY ready to take John Nordblad's #6 GUNPOWDER racing. This has been a VERY long process. This would have not been possible without the tireless effort of a few INCREDIBLE people. I want to thank them... First is Paul "Grich" Grichar, he is an amazing wealth of knowledge and a tireless passion for boats and boat racing. He is such a great friend and mentor. Next is Ben "MAXIMUS" Marrone, he has ALWAYS been there and has as much time and effort in my boat as I do. His advise and efforts with my fuel injection setup, and mentoring me with the mill and lathe and putting his touch on my boat. And finally, Scott "NVflat" Leavett, he has been there though out this whole process. Always there to lend a hand, and willing to help figure out a problem. To you guys, I could NEVER say THANK YOU near enough. You guys are the ONLY reason I was able to live out my dream and finally go GN racing. My first race will be the Long Beach Sprint National August 6&7. Here is a pic from last weekend in Parker.

Thanks, Lock
GN 6
GUNPOWDER

AzGeo

Fair winds and following seas George.. Rest Easy..
Reaction score
hope you didn't change the shaft angle from what it was before ...........

Be safe, Go Fast !!!

fdlock890

River Rat
Reaction score
hope you didn't change the shaft angle from what it was before ...........

Be safe, Go Fast !!!

Nope, the v-drive and strut are exactly where Big John left them. The only change is the v-drive is now billet.....:thumbsup

Lock

dezrtracer

Reaction score
Wow great to hear Gunpowder is back . Grew up in the water ski racing world in the 60s to the 80s . Brent was one of my buds back then . Even saw Big John while racing desert in district 37 . Good luck and see ya in Long Beach .

Lyn

fdlock890

River Rat
Reaction score
Wow great to hear Gunpowder is back . Grew up in the water ski racing world in the 60s to the 80s . Brent was one of my buds back then . Even saw Big John while racing desert in district 37 . Good luck and see ya in Long Beach .

Lyn

THANKS Lyn, yea it has been a LONG road but oh so worth it. Brent and I talk from time to time and I hope to one day take a pic at Marine Stadium with his Hallett GUNPOWDER #5 and my GUNPOWDER #6. That would be so cool. Please stop by the pit and say hello. It would be great to meet you.

Thanks, Lock