WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New DCB M28 and M44 Models

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
I am surprised no one has started a thread yet, so here goes. I really like DCB's personally, I love the style and simpler gel schemes, the whole bit, however, I am not sure I understand this new m28. I get the new m44, bigger is better in that upper crust crowd, but how different is this m28 going to be in comparison to the existing m29? Why do you need one just a foot shorter in the same design lines? Honestly, am curious, not bashing, looking to get educated.

http://speedonthewater.com/new-boat...s-expanding-m-series-lineup-in-each-direction

attitude

Reaction score
I assume the m28 to the m29 will be like a 27 Daytona to a 28 Daytona, one foot difference on paper but a big size difference once built

HavaToon

Reaction score
I would be willing to bet the M28 is designed for single inboard and twin outboard applications. The M29 requires a BIG single to work well.

I read the M28 will be available with twin 300xs or 400r and single I/O 565 to 1350.

Riley1

Reaction score
I'll just hope that all the twin 300 Mach 26 guys feel the need to move into a M28. You know, So I can get into my dream boat, Twin Outboard Mach 26:drool

Cat Can Do

Reaction score
I'll just hope that all the twin 300 Mach 26 guys feel the need to move into a M28. You know, So I can get into my dream boat, Twin Outboard Mach 26:drool

Can't go wrong there, we had one last season and loved it! A guy just made me an offer I couldn't turn down...

Ibeplumbing

Reaction score
I am surprised no one has started a thread yet, so here goes. I really like DCB's personally, I love the style and simpler gel schemes, the whole bit, however, I am not sure I understand this new m28. I get the new m44, bigger is better in that upper crust crowd, but how different is this m28 going to be in comparison to the existing m29? Why do you need one just a foot shorter in the same design lines? Honestly, am curious, not bashing, looking to get educated.

http://speedonthewater.com/new-boat...s-expanding-m-series-lineup-in-each-direction

I'm thinking it will be like the 27/28 speedster differences

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
I guess it will all be more apparent when the beam dimensions come out as well.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

From the rendering it looks like the 44 is the same as the 41, but with a longer bustle over the drives and a stair case? I'm not a tooling expert (far from it) but it looks like the plug is just for the rear of the boat, so it would be an add on to the 41 mold? That would also mean, that the current M41's with some glass work could likely be updated to the 44?

I hope DCB made those stairs go down to water level. My only complaint ever about riding in an M series was you have to be in pretty good shape to get in and out of them, unless you have a ladder on the overhang which looks like an after thought. The boats themselves are about as good as you can get from my perspective from a aesthetics / handling / layout etc..

I also hope they don't put giant billet pieces in those insets on the stairs. They are slippery / heavy etc.. Maybe Sea Deck, or just tool in Non skid with the DCB logo's? Or M44 Logo's? I dunno..

dcb_m44_rear1.jpg

dcb_m44_rear2.jpg

dcb_m44_silver3.jpg

dcb_m44_silver1.jpg

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
From the rendering it looks like the 44 is the same as the 41, but with a longer bustle over the drives and a stair case? I'm not a tooling expert (far from it) but it looks like the plug is just for the rear of the boat, so it would be an add on to the 41 mold? That would also mean, that the current M41's with some glass work could likely be updated to the 44?

View attachment 505481 View attachment 505478 View attachment 505480 View attachment 505479

I did notice the more of an east coast style bustle on it, should make getting in and out a bit easier. When I first heard of the M28, I figured a 26 with integrated swim step, so a significant size difference to the 29 in running surface, but no swim step, so I guess like others said, maybe a whole lot different beam and a bottom set up for less power.

Boat211

Reaction score
Raise your hand if you think $215,000 is an entry level boat. I really dig the boats and want one badly but can't scrape up that kind of cash for a boat at this point.

575cat

Reaction score
And you can get a Nordic 28ss for a bit less $$

G. Faulk

Reaction score
And you can get a Nordic 28ss for a bit less $$

I wonder if running surfaces on both are really 28'?

I've seen pics of the 28 DCB, It looks very nice.

And no I cant post them.

riverroyal

Reaction score

I hope DCB made those stairs go down to water level. My only complaint ever about riding in an M series was you have to be in pretty good shape to get in and out of them, unless you have a ladder on the overhang which looks like an after thought. The boats themselves are about as good as you can get from my perspective from a aesthetics / handling / layout etc..

I also hope they don't put giant billet pieces in those insets on the stairs. They are slippery / heavy etc.. Maybe Sea Deck, or just tool in Non skid with the DCB logo's? Or M44 Logo's? I dunno..

View attachment 505481

View attachment 505478

View attachment 505480

View attachment 505479

What they do on those steps there's a 100% chance it will say DCB 100 times

Member: 71

M ǝ ɯ q ǝ ɹ : 7 1
Reaction score

View attachment 505479

That rear end is very MTI'ish

McRib

aka HWlaser23, "B" team member
Reaction score
Will the 44 be a true tunnel or will it have the center chingas? The 41 was supposed to have the center chingas option. Did anyone ever build one with out it? Just curious on performance differences.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Will the 44 be a true tunnel or will it have the center chingas? The 41 was supposed to have the center chingas option. Did anyone ever build one with out it? Just curious on performance differences.

Center chingas or center pod. ? :p

JRider

Reaction score
In my opinion the back patio bustle looks like poo, again just my opinion. I never understood what is wrong with a flat transom. Of course it is in a digital rendering, it could look different in person. The drives will surely never see sun!

HOTRODTODD111

Reaction score
Raise your hand if you think $215,000 is an entry level boat. I really dig the boats and want one badly but can't scrape up that kind of cash for a boat at this point.

It just a few years ago that 150k was a super nice boat. I dont understand the price increase even if it is a DCB. It seems like all the boat companies are trying to make up losses from the recession.

Tank0088

Reaction score
I can't wait to retire in 30 years so I can buy a 2017 M28

MooreMoney

Reaction score
I think they posted a picture on there Instagram that showed the M44 being painted. It's getting a wild paint job on the first one.

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
I didn't know Kachina was painting boats again......:eek

Singleton

Reaction score
Interesting comment? Visual imagination is one of the top painters in the country & this is obviously a theme boat, to give everyone that 'wow factor' while touring poker run events, all around the country. Just FYI, but there was an MTI, in the water, at the Miami Boat Show, that looked somewhat similar to me & even said Mercury 1550s, on the hatches, so I dunno is there is any ties between the two boats, but nevertheless, I can see this M44 as being show stopper at events, especially since DCB goes all out on fit & finish, trailer design etc... Lickity Split comes to mind, since Visual Imagination painted that M35 as well & that boat is off the charts, in person.[emoji1303]

Same owner for both boats.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
As for two other comments on this thread.. I have never quite understood the need to say something negative.. just for the sake of saying of saying something negative.

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
As for two other comments on this thread.. I have never quite understood the need to say something negative.. just for the sake of saying of saying something negative.

I'm certain this boat will be a show stopper and over the top amazing. I don't care for the paint scheme. That's my opinion. I'm sure whoever the customer is doesn't care about resale. Because I'm not wealthy and just a working guy, I look at toys and vehicles differently. I'm also fairly certain you have said negative things in the past but I'm too lazy to look anything like that up and furthermore I really don't care.

Singleton

Reaction score
I didn't know Kachina was painting boats again......:eek

So the customer getting what they want is now an issue? Kachina never built a stock boat with a crazy gel scheme, customers always got what they wanted (sometimes against Kachina's advise).

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I'm certain this boat will be a show stopper and over the top amazing. I don't care for the paint scheme. That's my opinion. I'm sure whoever the customer is doesn't care about resale. Because I'm not wealthy and just a working guy, I look at toys and vehicles differently. I'm also fairly certain you have said negative things in the past but I'm too lazy to look anything like that up and furthermore I really don't care.

Other than the dry wall screws on cheetahs you'd be pretty hard pressed to find something.. I usually just say nice boat and move on.. lol

milkmoney

Reaction score
Other than the dry wall screws on cheetahs you'd be pretty hard pressed to find something.. I usually just say nice boat and move on.. lol

Lol. So if u don't like the boat u jus lie ??? [emoji12][emoji202]

Oh ya. Anything DCB does is awesome in my book , I jus came to the realization I will never be able to afford a DCB. [emoji202]

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Lol. So if u don't like the boat u jus lie ??? [emoji12][emoji202]

Oh ya. Anything DCB does is awesome in my book , I jus came to the realization I will never be able to afford a DCB. [emoji202]

Not lying they usually are nice boats, just sometimes not my cup of tea.. Sometimes they are nice boats and are my cup of captain morgan.. lol. I just try not to be rude to someone that has just dumped a considerable amount of effort and time into what is their pride and joy.

RD

New to boating

Reaction score

It's difficult to understand the need (and expense to build the tooling for) for a 44 DCB when the 41 DCB has not made even the smallest penetration in the larger CAT market against Skater, MTI and Nortec (which I predicted would be the result on this website years ago) and they have proven to be almost unsaleable on the resale market.. A wide body M Series 28 with Wrap Windshield if significantly smaller than the M31 & M29 in every way (and lighter) and lighter be well received as a twin 400 Outboard boat and I would expect it to be maybe their best selling boat of all time.

The 26 that has raised some eyebrows of late with its speeds looks obsolete with 1/4 canopies and at a price tag of nearly $200K its not surprising that it is still for sale.

New to boating

Reaction score
So the customer getting what they want is now an issue? Kachina never built a stock boat with a crazy gel scheme, customers always got what they wanted (sometimes against Kachina's advise).

Kachina derived a lot of benefit and recognition from an incredibly talented painter named Hal Loo - the Guy was talented beyond belief and his shop was directly adjacent to Kachinas shop for years - I used him on one of my race boats - sick, sick work and it seamed all too easy for him.

No idea if he is still in business but the really trick stuff you may have seen ove rthe years out of their shop came from him, not Kachina.

Sigus

Above the wet spot
Reaction score
I am looking forward to the 28!