WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

JK Build/Mammoth trip

Beerme

Retired...Time for a cold one!
Reaction score
Bought the daughter a used JK back in April. Have slowly been adding a few things to it. Other than fenders, i'll probably take a break from the mods for now to save for other goodies down the road. Having several side by sides, I never thought I would want one, but now I'm addicted.

2.5 inch Rock Krawler X-factor lift....got it through Northridge...best deal, free delivery with no tax
Method NV wheels with BFG KO2.....American Tires
Crawler concepts rear bumper with tire carrier.....craigslist
Crawler concepts rock sliders/armor and front bumper......Northridge during fourth of July sale....best deal, free delivery, and no tax
Bestop Trektop....4 wheel parts

Have done the install myself or with some friends help....learned a lot!

Taking it on it first trip this week. The son and I are heading to Mammoth to try out some trails and fish...more pics of the trip to come!!!
Jeep.jpg Jeep one.jpg Jeep 1.jpg Jeep 2.jpg Jeep 3.jpg Jeep 4.jpg

wishiknew

Reaction score
Bought the daughter a used JK back in April. Have slowly been adding a few things to it. Other than fenders, i'll probably take a break from the mods for now to save for other goodies down the road. Having several side by sides, I never thought I would want one, but now I'm addicted.

2.5 inch Rock Krawler X-factor lift....got it through Northridge...best deal, free delivery with no tax
Method NV wheels with BFG KO2.....American Tires
Crawler concepts rear bumper with tire carrier.....craigslist
Crawler concepts rock sliders/armor and front bumper......Northridge during fourth of July sale....best deal, free delivery, and no tax
Bestop Trektop....4 wheel parts

Have done the install myself or with some friends help....learned a lot!

Taking it on it first trip this week. The son and I are heading to Mammoth to try out some trails and fish...more pics of the trip to come!!!
View attachment 505236 View attachment 505237 View attachment 505238 View attachment 505239 View attachment 505240 View attachment 505241

Thats soo cool Rick !!!!!!!!! Have fun and try to keep it upright :D:D:D

Beerme

Reaction score

LHC30

Old Guy
Reaction score
Nice build, all the parts are top grade. Do you have the RK shocks as well? I really like mine on the trails, like Cadillac (as much as can be said for dropping off 3' rocks:rolleyes)

I suggest you get a quality winch...never know when SOMEONE ELSE needs your help. :yikes:D

Beerme

Reaction score
Nice build, all the parts are top grade. Do you have the RK shocks as well? I really like mine on the trails, like Cadillac (as much as can be said for dropping off 3' rocks:rolleyes)

I suggest you get a quality winch...never know when SOMEONE ELSE needs your help. :yikes:D

I went with fox to save money, but my buddy has the rk and it rides great. We just got situated in our condo and will be heading out in the morning!

Beerme

Reaction score
Dropped my daughters cross country team off above twin lakes IMG_2729.JPG
Had to post my wife's Flex for RD
IMG_2732.JPG
Headed into Devils post pile and picked the kids up at Red Meadow
IMG_2751.JPG
Headed out for a short run on Mammoth Loop
IMG_2787.JPG
Will be doing a run to Laurel Lakes in the AM

Beerme

Reaction score
Headed up to Laurel Lakes. The trail is accessed off of Sherwin Creek Rd./395 and recommended for high-clearance off-road vehicles. This was my first time off-roading in the jeep and was great experience. There were a few technical areas with large boulders, but nothing I could not get through in 4 low. My buddy's jeep's (2011 Rubi) transmission overheated three times on the way up so it was a great time to stop, have a beverage, and enjoy the view.
IMG_2802.jpg IMG_2806.jpg IMG_2816.jpg IMG_2827.jpg
It took us a good 2 hours to get up the trail which was extremely narrow at times and took us a lot longer than I had anticipated. We had only taken snacks and drinks because I thought it was going to be a quick trek up and back and we would be back in time for lunch, but I was wrong. We were passed every time we stopped by a lone runner (he said he was a summit runner) which just freakin amazed me and when we finally got to 10,000 feet where the lakes were, the runner kept going.
IMG_2829.jpg IMG_2832.jpg IMG_2833.jpg IMG_2836.jpg
We tried fishing up there, but were not properly prepared (we only had worms and power bait, which I'm told is no good for native fish which like flies) but still enjoyed the scenery. There were a couple of used fire rings so people obviously camped up there. There is one decent size lake that runs down to a smaller one. We saw fish in the creek, decent size, but still no bites for us. We spent a couple hours messing around and then headed back. As we were getting ready to leave, a couple from Arizona, probably in their 60's, pulled up in an older Rubicon. I'm glad we hadn't left earlier as we would have been stuck as there are only a couple of turnouts the entire trail.

Meaney77

Reaction score
Laurel Lakes is awesome, that trail going up is a good time. A bit bumpy but worth the drive. Leaving the lake and heading back down is much faster but turning around above the lake is a bit sketchy, not much room for messing up!

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Headed up to Laurel Lakes. The trail is accessed off of Sherwin Creek Rd./395 and recommended for high-clearance off-road vehicles. This was my first time off-roading in the jeep and was great experience. There were a few technical areas with large boulders, but nothing I could not get through in 4 low. My buddy's jeep's (2011 Rubi) transmission overheated three times on the way up so it was a great time to stop, have a beverage, and enjoy the view.
View attachment 506936 View attachment 506937 View attachment 506938 View attachment 506939
It took us a good 2 hours to get up the trail which was extremely narrow at times and took us a lot longer than I had anticipated. We had only taken snacks and drinks because I thought it was going to be a quick trek up and back and we would be back in time for lunch, but I was wrong. We were passed every time we stopped by a lone runner (he said he was a summit runner) which just freakin amazed me and when we finally got to 10,000 feet where the lakes were, the runner kept going.
View attachment 506940 View attachment 506941 View attachment 506942 View attachment 506943
We tried fishing up there, but were not properly prepared (we only had worms and power bait, which I'm told is no good for native fish which like flies) but still enjoyed the scenery. There were a couple of used fire rings so people obviously camped up there. There is one decent size lake that runs down to a smaller one. We saw fish in the creek, decent size, but still no bites for us. We spent a couple hours messing around and then headed back. As we were getting ready to leave, a couple from Arizona, probably in their 60's, pulled up in an older Rubicon. I'm glad we hadn't left earlier as we would have been stuck as there are only a couple of turnouts the entire trail.
That's awesome. How's the weather up there right now?

Kylemenz1

Reaction score
That's a fun trail! I drove my Tundra up there. There's on corner that I had to do about. 12 point turn to get around.

Beerme

Reaction score
That's a fun trail! I drove my Tundra up there. There's on corner that I had to do about. 12 point turn to get around.

There was a Tundra heading up when we got close to the bottom with a family. The high clearance on the Tundra I'm sure was perfect. I too had to make a couple of several point turns. I could have probably made a quicker turn, but I was being extremely careful not to break anything.