WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Havasu This Weekend

Kailuaboy89

Aloha Airliner
Reaction score
I'm heading to Parker on Saturday morning to pick up my boat for the last weekend of the season for me, then I am heading to Havasu to check out the end of the world jet ski finals, and to explore a little bit of Havasu. don't know where to go on the lake, my boat is not fast, and I figure ill launch out of site 6 because ive never been out there and want to see it. if anyone is out and about flag me down for a beer! don't even know if ill have anyone with me LOL, its been a tough few months and I'm pinching pennies, so more than likely ill be sleeping in my truck somewhere with my rollbar boat hooked up to it. my buddy is going to a B day party Friday in Phoenix then meeting me in Havasu Saturday afternoon hopefully with a car load of girls haha! I'm slightly familiar with the jet ski area, and the channel, but have never put my boat in Havasu yet, any suggestions appreciated, I'm pretty stoked and looking forward to checking it all out. I will be there Saturday mid day, to Monday afternoon. :D

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
If you're doing Parker just launch out of Havasu Springs just on the the other side of the dam, well, around the corner. There's lots of coves to hang out in on the way to the channel - I never hang out in the channel, but if you've never been to Havasu you gotta pass through the channel at least once. If you have the fuel you can take a run through the gorge and up to Topock, grab a bite to eat at Pirates or Topock 66. Then head back either go through the channel or around the island and head back to the Springs. If it's windy it'll suck, but with smooth water it's an awesome ride.

I'm thinking of going up on Saturday for the day - Maybe I'll see you there.

TCHB

Reaction score
Site six is a free launch ramp but steep. You should not have a problem with your size boat.

The jet ski races are pretty fun to watch and the pits have a lot of vendors with new things. Go to the Crazy Horse front entrance to get into the races. Park out by the road and walk into the event. The event is free for spectators.

I would go down to Steamboat and then hang out in the channel. The big crowds are gone which makes a lot less crazy on a Saturday.

boatnam2

Reaction score
Be in havasu saturday to pick up beef, going to be a turn and burn trip.

Kailuaboy89

Aloha Airliner
Reaction score
Awesome, I just contacted my buddy who's son is racing Saturday in vintage 550, he has been the world champ last 2 years. I'm going to spectate and help out if needed and hang with them til he is done with his races, and then hang on the lake til sunset, maybe check out the after party and freestyle final, and then sunday should be a nice relaxing day to check out a few places. I should be fine on fuel, my boat holds 65 gallons and I only have a small block 350 mag mpi. does pretty good on gas at about 45-50 mph. thanks for the info! :D

Kailuaboy89

Aloha Airliner
Reaction score
If you're doing Parker just launch out of Havasu Springs just on the the other side of the dam, well, around the corner. There's lots of coves to hang out in on the way to the channel - I never hang out in the channel, but if you've never been to Havasu you gotta pass through the channel at least once. If you have the fuel you can take a run through the gorge and up to Topock, grab a bite to eat at Pirates or Topock 66. Then head back either go through the channel or around the island and head back to the Springs. If it's windy it'll suck, but with smooth water it's an awesome ride.

I'm thinking of going up on Saturday for the day - Maybe I'll see you there.

Ill post up where im at when i get in and settled saturday, yes maybe ill see you out there! what kind of boat are you running?

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
I've got a white and blue Howard 22 Offshore with yellow and gray stripes.

I'll PM you if I make it out there on Saturday.

If your boat holds 65 gallons of gas and has a 350 you should do fine. I've got a 496 and it hold 50 gallons and I can make it up to Topock and back to the Springs driving at an accelerated pace and still have about 3/8 in each tank left when I get back.

Kailuaboy89

Aloha Airliner
Reaction score
Sounds good, ill stay tuned in, im sure I will be fine as long as the wind also cooperates. looks like the weather will be great 97-98 all three days!:D

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
I'll be in LHC, Thursday night....
Wiring my flat trailer Friday
Bicycles to bars Friday night.
Desert bar Saturday with the RZR
Free style jet ski finals Saturday night
Boating Sunday day time
Pre-cruise pot luck dinner at my house with about 15 people from the LHC elks... We have a 19 day cruise in November with these people...
Heading home Monday...
Fun times

Kailuaboy89

Aloha Airliner
Reaction score
Damn! wish I had friday night off as well, id be all about the bikes to bars! that sounds like a fun time..:D
ill be at the finals, and sunday on the water as well!

Ragged Edge

Man in the Box
Reaction score
Just a heads up, the water ski races are at Havasu Springs this weekend. You can still launch there but it's supposed to be no wake all the way to the power lines.

Kailuaboy89

Aloha Airliner
Reaction score
More than likely Ill be launching out of site 6 or Crazy Horse campgrounds

Kailuaboy89

Aloha Airliner
Reaction score
Anyone know what the prices are like for regular gas in Havasu? trying to save a few bucks...boat=thirsty, but luckily runs on 87...Lol!

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Anyone know what the prices are like for regular gas in Havasu? trying to save a few bucks...boat=thirsty, but luckily runs on 87...Lol!

Most of the branded stations are between $2.35 and $2.30, unbranded is about $.15 cheaper

Kailuaboy89

Aloha Airliner
Reaction score
Most of the branded stations are between $2.35 and $2.30, unbranded is about $.15 cheaper

Cool ,thank you for the info, think I found an Arco that said 2.099...which is great!

Kailuaboy89

Aloha Airliner
Reaction score
I will definitely try to avoid the ethanol fuels....:D