WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

So...... maybe the sky isn't falling and the world isn't ending

JDKRXW

Reaction score
One of the biggest scare tactics of global warming warriors is that both polar ice caps are currently melting at alarming rates and the associated rise in sea level is going to be catastrophic. This study, which uses actual measurements in 11 surveying voyages to the South Pole more than 100 years ago completely obliterates the eco-warriors computer models.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/w...e-change-in-last-100-years-new-analysis-shows

Shouldn't this be big news?:hmm

e911

Reaction score
Looks like anothe fake news story

JDKRXW

Reaction score

Really........?

I quote someone else being challenged by a comment exactly like yours;
"The paper in The Cryosphere is open-access and not overly technical. The analysis is based on accurate locations of the edge of sea ice during the Southern Hemisphere summer taken from the ship logs of eleven different expeditions from 1897-1916. There are large gaps in coverage, particularly in eastern Antarctica.

Estimating the extent of Antarctic summer sea ice during the Heroic Age of Antarctic Exploration
http://www. the-cryosphere .net/10/2721/2016/

Its authors are Tom Edinburgh, currently at the Department of Applied Mathematics and Theoretical Physics at Cambridge University, and Jonathan J. Day at the Department of Meteorology, the University of Reading."

Google 'the cryoshere', or go there if you need to see who they are.
And don't even think about saying navigation in the late 1800's wasn't accurate.

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
Like Dan Rather and his fake "news" about GW. And now, Rather has you hook line and sinker, using the talking point wording, exactly. Good job, lefty.

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
Like Dan Rather and his fake "news" about GW. And now, Rather has you hook line and sinker, using the talking point wording, exactly. Good job, lefty.

94 if you read the article it says that the outer ice in the Antarctic ice is about the same as it was in the late 1800's, so the global warming is a bunch of shit and IS documented. It's just that the GW crowd is better funded and has more celebrities (lefties) chanting its cause.

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
94 if you read the article it says that the outer ice in the Antarctic ice is about the same as it was in the late 1800's, so the global warming is a bunch shit and IS documented. It's just that the GW crowd is better funded and has more celebrities (lefties) chanting its cause.
I'm with ya! GW, in the case of Rathergate, was GW Bush and the fact that Rather faked some news about his service.

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
94 if you read the article it says that the outer ice in the Antarctic ice is about the same as it was in the late 1800's, so the global warming is a bunch shit and IS documented. It's just that the GW crowd is better funded and has more celebrities (lefties) chanting its cause.

Oops, 94 I failed to see who you were quoting on my phone. Yes, the quote from e911 is pure leftist drivel - carry on.

Please accept my apology. You can't delete a post with Tapashit.

Kailuaboy89

Aloha Airliner
Reaction score
don't kid yourselves, shit is changing, but the earth will still keep turning no matter what, it just wont be with us on it any longer....Lol! as ol' George Carlin once said, the earth aint going anywhere, but WE are! the earth will be here for billions more years, and it will shake off the humans...like a surface nuisance!

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
Yes, it's changing. Just like it changed during the Metazoic era and during the ice age, both extremes. They happened before and they'll probably happen again and there ain't a damn thing you nor I can do about it.

rvrrun

Reaction score
Yes, it's changing. Just like it changed during the Metazoic era and during the ice age, both extremes. They happened before and they'll probably happen again and there ain't a damn thing you nor I can do about it.
Exactly, I remember the "next ice age" hysteria in the media when I was younger.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
Exactly, I remember the "next ice age" hysteria in the media when I was younger.
I remember that when I was younger. The difference is now with the internet they much more organized then was possible back on the 70's. And if is on the internet it must be true.

JDKRXW

Reaction score
don't kid yourselves, shit is changing, but the earth will still keep turning no matter what, it just wont be with us on it any longer....Lol! !

You might be right about the earth changing......but I don't accept theories, ideas and computer models as indisputable facts when they're nothing more than guesses being used to drive a social agenda.