WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Schiada 20' redoing the floors in Balsa and re rigging it

Backlash

Reaction score
Man you're such a tease!! :D

I can't wait to see update pictures of this baby!!!

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
Man you're such a tease!! :D

I can't wait to see update pictures of this baby!!!

No one wants this done more then me. Lol The balsa under the deck is done. You can walk across the deck now. Now he's redoing a few of the nonskid areas it make them look better. I'm picky. [emoji57]

Backlash

Reaction score
You're a smart man! ;) Getting all the structure taken care of first before making it beautiful. A lot of folks tend to do things bassackwards. It's definitely one of the nicest out there so you have something to really be proud of.

Ill get back to patiently waiting! :D

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
Started rigging today.
IMG_2495.jpg
IMG_2496.jpg

lenmann

Reaction score
Looking good!

I notice you decided to go with aluminum angle rails on the stringers instead of the Schiada "Z" rail set up. What drove your choice?

Keep pics coming, I have one of these in my future (distant).

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
Looking good!

I notice you decided to go with aluminum angle rails on the stringers instead of the Schiada "Z" rail set up. What drove your choice?

Keep pics coming, I have one of these in my future (distant).

I got a set of 4' z rail from a guy but I wanted a longer rail for more strength and at 100.00 a foot I said there's no way I'm paying that much for a z rail. So I guess it comes down to I'm cheap. Lol

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Nice!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup I'm jeolous
Mines been sitting in a shop for 6months waiting to truely start rigging :grumble:

GGames

Reaction score
I cant wait to be hanging at Foxes and see this thing pull up... only to tell all the chicks "Yah, that's my old boat". I may leave out the fact that you have completely rebuilt everything and made it 1000% nicer... HAahah:blah:

Backlash

Reaction score
No way Brother. You can't look at this thread and use the word "Cheap" to describe you or the job you're doing. Top-notch all the way! ;) Z rail is cool don't get me wrong.....but I just couldn't justify using it when you consider the cost. Cool but way pricey!!

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
Laying gauges out. Man the decision of how many and where is not easy.
I'm going with the first pic
IMG_2527.jpg
IMG_2528.jpg

SoCalZero

Reaction score
Laying gauges out. Man the decision of how many and where is not easy.
I'm going with the first pic
View attachment 519135
View attachment 519136

Top picture looks good. Will you be turning your seat around ever for skiing? That would cover gauges. You could always put gauges to the left of steering wheel too. Just a thought. Here's a couple pics of mine.

IMG_7465.jpg IMG_7463.jpg

lenmann

Reaction score
Looks nice. Who made it? Specs?

Hows the rigging coming along?

Backlash

Reaction score
The blue used in this boat is probably my favorite shade of blue; not too dark and not too light. This boat is stunning and is only going to get better as progress continues. I LOVE the way the interior looks too! Nicely done right from the start! ;)

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
The blue used in this boat is probably my favorite shade of blue; not too dark and not too light. This boat is stunning and is only going to get better as progress continues. I LOVE the way the interior looks too! Nicely done right from the start! ;)

Thank you [emoji1303]

lenmann

Reaction score
Really coming together nicely Dave.

Seeing the stern light reminded me about a question I had on the accent gel color. Is it gray or silver? Its a little hard to tell from the pics and I remember way back you said you wanted it to be metallic. If its silver is it metallic? If its metallic, how did they do it? Did they use automotive paint and clear gel over it? I have yet to find a source for metallic gel coats. Metal flake yes, metallic (like car paint) no.

Thanks and keep the updates coming. Its looking like your gonna have a great summer in 2017!

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
Really coming together nicely Dave.

Seeing the stern light reminded me about a question I had on the accent gel color. Is it gray or silver? Its a little hard to tell from the pics and I remember way back you said you wanted it to be metallic. If its silver is it metallic? If its metallic, how did they do it? Did they use automotive paint and clear gel over it? I have yet to find a source for metallic gel coats. Metal flake yes, metallic (like car paint) no.

Thanks and keep the updates coming. Its looking like your gonna have a great summer in 2017!

Thank you
Mario from so-cal speed and marine found that little gem. It's pretty bright too. I have no idea if it's paint or gel.

lenmann

Reaction score
Sorry to be such a pain in the ass, does silverish mean its metallic? Like your trailer?

poncho

Reaction score
Looks great, if I ever tear into my trailer it's getting panels in the front to walk on.:thumbup:

Groper

Reaction score
I'm no Gel expert by any means but I'm pretty sure the metal-flake in Gel is "automotive paint" type or the same product, and its up to the guy mixing it as to how much and what size he may add.

I talked to Mario yesterday and my 21RC goes into to Sol-Cal for a complete color change above the chime in about two weeks and I be adding Silver as one of the primary colors with quite a bit of Metal-flake in the silver as I'm looking for an "old School" look. :)

Groper

Reaction score
Mienkens 11.5x16
I'm going up to check on the boat today. We're waiting on Bergeron to ship the last parts to finish it.

What is the Degree on the Menkens ? It's stamped on the side.

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
I'm no Gel expert by any means but I'm pretty sure the metal-flake in Gel is "automotive paint" type or the same product, and its up to the guy mixing it as to how much and what size he may add.

I talked to Mario yesterday and my 21RC goes into to Sol-Cal for a complete color change above the chime in about two weeks and I be adding Silver as one of the primary colors with quite a bit of Metal-flake in the silver as I'm looking for an "old School" look. :)

Very nice. Can wait to see it.

Backlash

Reaction score
Thank you for sharing the pics!! :D

I'm constantly checking for updates so this gives me my fix for the day! ;)

It sure is looking good!

lenmann

Reaction score
Looking great Dave.

Did SoCal put a second bulkhead in under the deck when they re-did the balsa core? In the picture looking forward that shows the pedals and steering shaft it looks like there's another bulkhead but it could just be a shadow (or the beer I'm drinking...). If yes, can you ask them how far forward from the stock location they located it?

Thanks,

Len

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
Looking great Dave.

Did SoCal put a second bulkhead in under the deck when they re-did the balsa core? In the picture looking forward that shows the pedals and steering shaft it looks like there's another bulkhead but it could just be a shadow (or the beer I'm drinking...). If yes, can you ask them how far forward from the stock location they located it?

Thanks,

Len

Thank you.
Yes I think we went 2' from the other one.

Backlash

Reaction score
Damn! :eek

I've been busy with other crap and haven't been on RDP in awhile. THIS sure is a nice sight to see when finally checking in! Man it sure looks beautiful!!!! ;)

GGames

Reaction score
This is like when you break up with a chick cuz ur over her shit... But then the she starts going to the gym and gets a boob job, and a face transplant... and u just say daaaammnn!!!!!

In other words... it looks amazing.

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
This is like when you break up with a chick cuz ur over her shit... But then the she starts going to the gym and gets a boob job, and a face transplant... and u just say daaaammnn!!!!!

In other words... it looks amazing.

Thx Greg

milkmoney

Reaction score
Straight up , Bitchin. Not sure to be envy or angry at you. Lol.
Love the look and colors. [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji41][emoji202]