Reaction score
Damn.... You're ballin out on this sucker big dog :thumbup:

Hammer

Reaction score
IMG_4752.jpg IMG_4753.jpg

Seats came in today.

Boat211

Reaction score
Super nice. My parents just built a rzr and used Simpson seats as well. I like them a lot.

Hammer

Reaction score
Are you happy with them sir???? [emoji1431]

YES!!!! Huge thanks to your crew! Felt bad calling last minute to make some changes. They took care of me though. [emoji106]I was really nervous only because I wanted a rendering prior to them being built. I got it the day before from Simpson. Really hard picking colors and not knowing how they are going to turn out...

Devious_Chris

I wear sunglasses, lake Havasu city az.
Reaction score
YES!!!! Huge thanks to your crew! Felt bad calling last minute to make some changes. They took care of me though. [emoji106]I was really nervous only because I wanted a rendering prior to them being built. I got it the day before from Simpson. Really hard picking colors and not knowing how they are going to turn out...

So glad to hear you are pleased and proud to be a small part of your build!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Seats came out really nice Mike! I'm assuming the harnesses will be for the little one in the middle? I'd love to do a custom bench in the rear of my Ranger for the kids, but the way they grow out of shoes every two weeks I can't really figure out how I'd do the belts where they would work right? And then in a few months be able to be adjusted up a couple inches etc?? Seems like we are buying a new car seat for one of the kids every 6 - 8 months and most of those have slider adjustments for the belts built in.

RD

Hammer

Reaction score
Seats came out really nice Mike! I'm assuming the harnesses will be for the little one in the middle? I'd love to do a custom bench in the rear of my Ranger for the kids, but the way they grow out of shoes every two weeks I can't really figure out how I'd do the belts where they would work right? And then in a few months be able to be adjusted up a couple inches etc?? Seems like we are buying a new car seat for one of the kids every 6 - 8 months and most of those have slider adjustments for the belts built in.

RD

Yeah bench is for the kids. You can get a custom bench without the hump in the middle. I have seen them with the shoulder harness cut outs in the back rest for kids (like the center of mine) and also still have the factory pull through holes in the headrest.

In hindsight I should have done something like that, at the same time I did t want to change the harness location every time I had adults in the back. They also make booster seat inserts for the kids. That way you can use the harness through the headrest.

IMG_4755.jpg

Devious_Chris

I wear sunglasses, lake Havasu city az.
Reaction score

RD

The harnesses will adjust to the growing children. The center seating position has the lower slots for harnesses and when the kids grow the harnesses will come over the back of the seat instead of through the seat.

I have not had to make any changes with seat style or harness style for my kids. Same setup for the last 5yrs

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The harnesses will adjust to the growing children. The center seating position has the lower slots for harnesses and when the kids grow the harnesses will come over the back of the seat instead of through the seat.

I have not had to make any changes with seat style or harness style for my kids. Same setup for the last 5yrs

I have to look at what you are saying.

Hammer

Reaction score
IMG_4765.jpg

Cage is at Powder Coat. Should be back this week.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing it Mike!! it's coming out bad ass!

Hammer

Reaction score
Doors should be here today!

Hammer

Reaction score
Waited patiently all night like a kid on xmas till my wife got home [emoji7] IMG_2741.jpg

Hammer

Reaction score
IMG_2742.jpg IMG_2743.jpg

Comes with all stainless hardware (Allen heads) with lock nuts. The metal work on the door skins is perfect. Really impressed with this bolt on kit so far. Hope everything aligns during assembly as well as it did on the garage floor. [emoji106]

Hammer

Reaction score
Lol. Made me laugh mike, had to wait for wife. Anyways I am subscribed [emoji106][emoji106][emoji202][emoji41]

I was watching my daughter Till she got home.

Don Johnson

Don Johnson
Reaction score
Very nice Hammer!

TMW built my car and the doors are the best anywhere. Super solid and rattle free. I really like the way they change the swing direction and they are easy to remove to clean and service the car. I also went with Simpson seats and they are very well built and comfortable.

Just a suggestion, I had TMW wrap the inner doors skins and roof in matching marine vinyl that matched the seat accents. This is a nice inexpensive touch but the real reason I did this is it removes all rattles, provides some sound deadening and makes the doors close super solid.

By the way, the TMW door bags/leg padding quality is awesome, you may want to take a look at them. Adds all kinds of storage for you and passengers

Hammer

Reaction score
Very nice Hammer!

TMW built my car and the doors are the best anywhere. Super solid and rattle free. I really like the way they change the swing direction and they are easy to remove to clean and service the car. I also went with Simpson seats and they are very well built and comfortable.

Just a suggestion, I had TMW wrap the inner doors skins and roof in matching marine vinyl that matched the seat accents. This is a nice inexpensive touch but the real reason I did this is it removes all rattles, provides some sound deadening and makes the doors close super solid.

By the way, the TMW door bags/leg padding quality is awesome, you may want to take a look at them. Adds all kinds of storage for you and passengers

Great Idea/Advice ! I was already planning on doing a vinyl on the underside of the roof to avoid rattles. It didn't dawn on me to do the doors as well. [emoji1303]

Thanks Don!

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
Great Idea/Advice ! I was already planning on doing a vinyl on the underside of the roof to avoid rattles. It didn't dawn on me to do the doors as well. [emoji1303]

Thanks Don!

Do a 3m self adhesive foam between the sheet metal and the cage. You will thank me later.

Hammer

Reaction score
IMG_4854.jpg
Back seat is in.... pipsqueak trying out his new seat. I'm going to go with smaller harness' in the rear and get rid of 3"(?) Ones I have.

Removed both rear doors in anticipation of installing the new door frame brackets. it was also needed to install the rear bench.... side note, when going to the rear bench you lose the rear center console. More on that later.

Half ass hung the skins to get an idea of what it will look like aesthetically.
IMG_4855.jpg IMG_4856.jpg
IMG_4858.jpg

I am also going to remove all the factory stickers and will eventually lose the green color scheme altogether

Hammer

Reaction score
X 2. I had TMW do this and its great.

I will see yours in person soon I hear. You let that thing go at MORE THAN FAIR PRICE. Went to the right guy though. [emoji1303]

I told he was dumb if he passed on it. Hell I woulda bought it.

Hard to see but it's on the cage/roof. [emoji1303] IMG_4862.jpg

Hammer

Reaction score
Looking good Hammer

Thanks. A little more detail in the instructions for the doors would have been nice. They don't tell you hardware set is for what sections. You also need to remove quite a body panels to get to the mounting bolts.

I should have the fires aligned and all the hardware tightened up sometime today.

Then I will work on removing the graphics, wiring up the light bar/dome lights and heated seats.

I still have not decided on how I'm going to mount the switches.

Hammer

Reaction score
IMG_4874.jpg

Doors and 95% of the graphics are done on the drivers side. I still need to button up a few loose ends. I may adjust the doors a little bit but for the most part she is ready for the desert.

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
Looks good Mike.

We are going to have our 2014XP for a long time I think.
I want to ditch the stock cage, I guess I am going to have to get with my friend up here and build my own. I am tall, about 6-3, and want a bit of headroom, probably can only go about 2 inches shorter than stock. I want a expedition style cage that my existing windshield will work on. I've called a few of the shops down south about a knock down cage, but I think it will go better if we do it ourselves.
Hard to get what you want from 700 miles away.

Hammer

Reaction score
Looks good Mike.

We are going to have our 2014XP for a long time I think.
I want to ditch the stock cage, I guess I am going to have to get with my friend up here and build my own. I am tall, about 6-3, and want a bit of headroom, probably can only go about 2 inches shorter than stock. I want a expedition style cage that my existing windshield will work on. I've called a few of the shops down south about a knock down cage, but I think it will go better if we do it ourselves.
Hard to get what you want from 700 miles away.

Thank you.

We will have this for a long time as well, unless I hit the lotto and could afford an LS powered dual sport car. I like the fact that it won't be typical to all the production cages.

Hammer

Reaction score
Time to remove the decals.

I did the drivers side by hand. Took forever.

So I bought some of this at the auto parts.
IMG_4875.jpg

Seems to work pretty well, however 1 can doesn't seem to be enough. I may bust out the hair dryer and try that method on the passenger side.

Hammer

Reaction score
Question? Who is running a GPS and what model do you prefer? Secondly would an Ipad suffice for coordinates?

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Question? Who is running a GPS and what model do you prefer? Secondly would an Ipad suffice for coordinates?

Most offroad race cars and prerunners use Lowrance GPS units. PCI race radios is the go to source for the GPS units and mounting kits.

jesco

Reaction score

Look up LeadNav app for iPhone/iPad. Works BITCHEN!!! Your gonna have one of those two in there anyway for music if you do intercom system. I have been using it for a year, works really well and VERY easy to use. All my friends use it now, super easy to share routes, just air drop it to each other's phones. I had a high dollar Lowrance unit in my old LS car and NEVER used it, too hard to figure out.

Hammer

Reaction score
Look up LeadNav app for iPhone/iPad. Works BITCHEN!!! Your gonna have one of those two in there anyway for music if you do intercom system. I have been using it for a year, works really well and VERY easy to use. All my friends use it now, super easy to share routes, just air drop it to each other's phones. I had a high dollar Lowrance unit in my old LS car and NEVER used it, too hard to figure out.

Thanks! I really have no interest in purchasing a high end unit that is going to sit un used most of the time. I just need the basics. :thumbsup

Looking into intercom systems now.