WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Meet 'Karl"

Advantage 1

Reaction score
Our newest pup. A new rescue/shelter opened up here in Oceanside - Last Chance at Life.

Wife jumped on their website and found 'Karl' immediately. We arranged to meet yesterday. Our biggest concern was how our two labs would feel about bringing another pup into the mix. They were fine at the meet & greet, so we were able to bring him home for a few days to test drive real life.

Well, first night (last night) was great. No growling or tensions during meal time. He has already learned how to use the doggy door too.

All we need to do is get a reference letter from our Vet, present this to the Rescue and we officially adopt Karl.

Guessing he is 5 or 6. Very friendly and loving. Do not know too much history, but he is a cute guy.

Karl:

Attachments

• lastchanceatlife_Karl_1_logo-683x1024.jpg
    lastchanceatlife_Karl_1_logo-683x1024.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 20170211_142114.jpg
    20170211_142114.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 38

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Love it....Karl with a "K". :thumbup:

Very Cool of you guys, you and Robin have such big hearts. :)
where is this new rescue shelter at?

Advantage 1

Reaction score
My Karl is on the left. He kinda just fits the name. We didn't change it.

Such a cool picture :thumbup: His 'kennel' name was Harrison, but he didn't react to it. His foster parents called him Karl. We liked Karl, so it stuck :)

Love it....Karl with a "K". :thumbup:

Very Cool of you guys, you and Robin have such big hearts. :)
where is this new rescue shelter at?

Oh, thank you Ziggy. Last Chance at Life is just south of the airport on Mission:

LCaL.jpg

milkmoney

Reaction score
Very good for u two , glad the older dogs liked Karl. I might think Karl might be running the show.
Hello Karl and welcome to the river. [emoji12][emoji106]

We keep talking about getting a black lab for Gracie to have a friend. But damn I am tryin to downsize. [emoji202][emoji41]

Advantage 1

Reaction score
Very good for u two , glad the older dogs liked Karl. I might think Karl might be running the show.
Hello Karl and welcome to the river. [emoji12][emoji106]

We keep talking about getting a black lab for Gracie to have a friend. But damn I am tryin to downsize. [emoji202][emoji41]

Gracie would love a friend, Dave :thumbup:

We had J.R. (black) for 6 months and then found him June (blonde). They have been inseparable for the last 7 1/2 years :)

Attachments

• IMG_0592.jpg
    IMG_0592.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0629.jpg
    IMG_0629.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 28

milkmoney

Reaction score
Gracie would love a friend, Dave :thumbup:

We had J.R. (black) for 6 months and then found him June (blonde). They have been inseparable for the last 7 1/2 years :)

Omg. How damn cute. Gracie is 1 1/2 now and don't want to wait much longer. Figured the new puppy( Macie, I thought of the name lol) would learn quickly by following Gracie around.

I jus see driving on the water with the two dogs sitting in the back seat. Lol [emoji106][emoji202]
I am so torn. I hate being tied down

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Omg. How damn cute. Gracie is 1 1/2 now and don't want to wait much longer. Figured the new puppy( Macie, I thought of the name lol) would learn quickly by following Gracie around.

I jus see driving on the water with the two dogs sitting in the back seat. Lol [emoji106][emoji202]
I am so torn. I hate being tied down
Having dog(s) at home as empty nesters is a blessing....yet traveling is not as simple when you have to make "arrangements" so you can leave for more than a day. Little bit of a catch 22 in that regard. Jan has a sitter for our Hannah that is most often available, we just can't be quite as spontaneous as I'd like sometimes.

milkmoney

Reaction score
Having dog(s) at home as empty nesters is a blessing....yet traveling is not as simple when you have to make "arrangements" so you can leave for more than a day. Little bit of a catch 22 in that regard. Jan has a sitter for our Hannah that is most often available, we just can't be quite as spontaneous as I'd like sometimes.

Ya that's my problem. If we go in adult time , then the youngest stays home and takes care of all inside and outside animals

Outside can be taken care of if we all go somewhere , through a friend etc. jus throw some food and water over the fence and they are good.

Inside ( dogs) have to go to a kennel , our big animal vet is building a brand new facility for jus that ( kennel ) with big runs etc etc , so good there, I think.

My thoughts of getting Gracie a friend is that she is still young and would have both them about the same amount of time.

Good lord , I am getting to old got this shit, I want to retire in 5 years max. [emoji41][emoji106][emoji202]

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Ya that's my problem. If we go in adult time , then the youngest stays home and takes care of all inside and outside animals

Outside can be taken care of if we all go somewhere , through a friend etc. jus throw some food and water over the fence and they are good.

Inside ( dogs) have to go to a kennel , our big animal vet is building a brand new facility for jus that ( kennel ) with big runs etc etc , so good there, I think.

My thoughts of getting Gracie a friend is that she is still young and would have both them about the same amount of time.

Good lord , I am getting to old got this shit, I want to retire in 5 years max. [emoji41][emoji106][emoji202]

We won't have the luxury of child at home anymore.
Having two dogs to entertain each other is probably good....but adds to the expense and requirements for them both.
Tough decisions to make for sure.

milkmoney

Reaction score
We won't have the luxury of child at home anymore.
Having two dogs to entertain each other is probably good....but adds to the expense and requirements for them both.
Tough decisions to make for sure.

I wouldn't say a child at home is a luxury. Lol [emoji202]

buck35

Reaction score
Our last dogs were supposed to be the last , but it only took one time of having a strange rig pull up to the house while I was at work and she missed the protection of having a large dog around. When we had to put down the mastiff , our vet said you know I have this client with this dog ... well now he is ours. Lol! :)

milkmoney

Reaction score
Our last dogs were supposed to be the last , but it only took one time of having a strange rig pull up to the house while I was at work and she missed the protection of having a large dog around. When we had to put down the mastiff , our vet said you know I have this client with this dog ... well now he is ours. Lol! :)

My wife kinda gave me this comment , she said I jus always figured I would have a dog and or animals around.

I said, u know. I am retiring and traveling hopefully. I got the look and no words.
So I guess my traveling will be with a dog if I want a wife with me. Lol. Hmmm[emoji202]

buck35

Reaction score
My wife kinda gave me this comment , she said I jus always figured I would have a dog and or animals around.

I said, u know. I am retiring and traveling hopefully. I got the look and no words.
So I guess my traveling will be with a dog if I want a wife with me. Lol. Hmmm[emoji202]

Funny part is she was the one adamant about no more dogs. I myself like not having to worry if all the doors are locked , etc. We live off a busy highway and never have to worry about intruders.

Advantage 1

Reaction score
How did they do today. ?? [emoji202]

They did very well! Nice and warm outside, so we kicked it at the tot lot for a little while.

You home now or still out and about? Saw earlier you were hanging in Denver.

milkmoney

Reaction score
They did very well! Nice and warm outside, so we kicked it at the tot lot for a little while.

You home now or still out and about? Saw earlier you were hanging in Denver.

Ok cool. What is a tot lot ????

I jus flew out this morning. I was home, Denver was a layover , so I am out and about , this might be the longest stretch I do [emoji107][emoji202]. Right up to DS

Advantage 1

Reaction score
Ok cool. What is a tot lot ????

I jus flew out this morning. I was home, Denver was a layover , so I am out and about , this might be the longest stretch I do [emoji107][emoji202]. Right up to DS

Tot lot = playground for kids.

Safe travels!

SummitKarl

LHC Architect
Reaction score
Our newest pup. A new rescue/shelter opened up here in Oceanside - Last Chance at Life.

Wife jumped on their website and found 'Karl' immediately. We arranged to meet yesterday. Our biggest concern was how our two labs would feel about bringing another pup into the mix. They were fine at the meet & greet, so we were able to bring him home for a few days to test drive real life.

Well, first night (last night) was great. No growling or tensions during meal time. He has already learned how to use the doggy door too.

All we need to do is get a reference letter from our Vet, present this to the Rescue and we officially adopt Karl.

Guessing he is 5 or 6. Very friendly and loving. Do not know too much history, but he is a cute guy.

Karl:

Well......... this is going to make for a few awkward moments, poor little guy he's going to be taking the fall for allot of leg humping this summer :p

B-RAD77

Reaction score
image.jpg
Roxy says welcome Karl. Although she still doesn't get to ride in the boat. She still pukes in my truck every time we go for a ride

Keymyster

Reaction score
IMG_1219.jpg
Rescued her a couple months ago out of the shelter. Not quite sure how she will do in the boat.

Advantage 1

Reaction score
View attachment 539210
Rescued her a couple months ago out of the shelter. Not quite sure how she will do in the boat.

That is awesome!

Lots of good folks on here that are adopting / rescuing pets :thumbup: Very cool thinking about lifestyle too and we all bring our pups boating!

We knew we were always going to get a third pup, but wanted to wait until our guys were a bit older. And wanted a older pup. As much as we loved raising our two labs from day 1, another puppy right now would just not work.