WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

"Love your boat, is it a schiada?"

Baja 252

Reaction score
It's funny at LOTO we have high dollar boats that drive by the house all the time. People usually stop what they are doing and stare when a Skater, MTI or Outerlimits goes by. Last Summer we were sitting at the table and as an old school drag boat guy I knew the sound when I heard it. I grabbed my camera and ran out on the deck and this was coming down the cove.

124j4he.jpg

Coolest boat on the lake and almost no one knew what it was.

milkmoney

Reaction score
I was just gonna say the same thing. You'd be second fiddle asshole in the Schiada group since Lynch has one and it is the Queen of all trailer queens. Lol!!

No truer words could be said. [emoji12][emoji106][emoji202]

Andy01

Reaction score
I seen you Saturday cruising Croz,boat looks good.
You were in town?
Chuckling a little I said to him, "Nope, my boat's wet." :p

Boat looked good, I was at Sundance having a couple of beers with Marc. We both own Schiadas and both commented on "nice 21". Boat looked great. :thumbup:

boatnam2

Reaction score
You were in town?

Boat looked good, I was at Sundance having a couple of beers with Marc. We both own Schiadas and both commented on "nice 21". Boat looked great. :thumbup:

Yea it was kind of a last minute run, we did roll a late night dirt run that was close to one of our runs from back in the day.:p

Andy01

Reaction score
Yea it was kind of a last minute run, we did roll a late night dirt run that was close to one of our runs from back in the day.:p

Ha ha ha, that's a good time right there!! And you lived to tell again lol!!

River Runnin

Reaction score
I met a guy at roadrunner one time that had a Hallett 210.. It was rigged with an In Control shifter / In control foot trim.. Had big plates on the back, someone spent the time and spent some dough on making it extra nice. The guy had zero clue about any of it, and I was explaining to him "You know none of this stuff is normal right?" LOL.. He ended up being a pretty nice guy, but he was interested in selling his beginner boat and moving up. I was looking at it thinking it was crazy bad ass and I'd be proud to have it in my garage.

I love all boats.. Even the antler ones. Except bass boats.. I can't wrap my head around one of those being cool.. LOL

RD

There's hope for some respect yet! :D

At Havasu Landing yesterday, a well dressed gent followed us down the ramp and asked What Kind of boat is that? (Hadn't got to the boat yet!..How did he know it was ours? lol) Does it have a heater?..Awesome boat!
...I've gotten this a few times!... what are you doing down here with that PNW boat? ...But mostly.. Awesome! What is it? :lmao

Andy01

Reaction score
Barley lol, Im guessing the snow birds parked 20 feet from me weren't to happy.

YES! F the snow birds! Run them out of town, just not up to Havasu! It looks like a RV junkyard on the south end of Havasu right now. If I owned one of those houses there I wouldn't happy about looking at the crap out my window! Sounds like a good night, guess I'll know when you drive through the side of an RV lol!! "Um how do I file a claim" :D

Croz

Reaction score
You were in town?

Right on, thanks. It felt great to be back after over 2 months!

Melloyellovector

Reaction score

Paul65k

Schiada Baby.......Yeah!!
Reaction score
YES! F the snow birds! Run them out of town, just not up to Havasu! It looks like a RV junkyard on the south end of Havasu right now. If I owned one of those houses there I wouldn't happy about looking at the crap out my window! Sounds like a good night, guess I'll know when you drive through the side of an RV lol!! "Um how do I file a claim" :D
Hey!!!!!!!!!!:eek We resemble that remark this week...........camped out with a group getting ready for the fireworks this weekend:drink

Stop by for a cold one..........we got 2 truckloads of wood from Wash11 and the Prime Rib goes on the Traeger this afternoon around 4;)

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I never had anyone bring up a Schiada in conversation other than a Schiada owner. When I'm at Roadrunner and a Schiada pulls up nobody really cares. When a big DCB/Eliminator/Howard pulls up it gets respect. 99% of Parker looks at a Schiada and thinks it's "Just another jet boat".

I told my wife and her fiends how much they cost when one went by and they all had the same response...Something along the lines of "ewww thats like an old jet boat".

Start your flaming now...I know I committed the main RDP sin by talking down on the almighty Schiada...When will my ban be over?

Lol... ok. All I can say is my experience in Parker is different than that. By the way it's been that way since way before I had one.

cicchetti_24

Reaction score
Damn almost forgot the HTM cult guys as well

HTMs were referred to as the #daytonaslayer;)

707dog

Reaction score
not many hallett 240's up my way but i get the occasional seasoned hot boater that know exactly what my 240 is, then i also get hey what year is your "cigarette boat" i tell them that's not a cig its a hallett and its a 89...:eek you gotta be shitting me looks new can i check it out...lol

i'm a sucker for a v-8 rumble no matter what kind of boat it is my ears are up! every boat has its place as with every boat owner having there place if your straight up and cool with... well hell im that way right back-shut up and had me a beer!!

Englewood

Reaction score
Lol... ok. All I can say is my experience in Parker is different than that. By the way it's been that way since way before I had one.

Honestly, What am I missing??? From an outsider they don't look like anything special...To me it looks like a tiny boat with a couple seats mounted to the floor with a big engine and no hatch...Maybe I need to ride in one to see what the fuss is all about.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
I never had anyone bring up a Schiada in conversation other than a Schiada owner. When I'm at Roadrunner and a Schiada pulls up nobody really cares. When a big DCB/Eliminator/Howard pulls up it gets respect. 99% of Parker looks at a Schiada and thinks it's "Just another jet boat".

I told my wife and her fiends how much they cost when one went by and they all had the same response...Something along the lines of "ewww thats like an old jet boat".

Start your flaming now...I know I committed the main RDP sin by talking down on the almighty Schiada...When will my ban be over?

Lol. Build quality. There's nothing built like "some" of them. The wood inlays. The custom brackets and rigging. A new 21 with a Brummett motor is 250 plus with a two year wait. A new 24 I/O to duplicate mine is 230 plus. That's not even a v-drive. You'd have to get in one, go through one, and ride in one to understand.

Outdrive1

Reaction score
My seats are inlaid with Birdseye Maple. I had someone climb in my boat once, look down at the bottom of the seat and ask me why it's not finished with carpet or something. Lol. IMG_0653.jpg

Then it has billet brackets with a billet base mounted to the floor. It all comes out with wing nuts in about 2 minutes. No manufacturer does that. They screw them to the floor instead of through bolting with polished Stainless hardware.

Andy01

Reaction score
Lol. Build quality. There's nothing built like "some" of them.

That's just it, the quality is truly second to none. Many 21's are set up as Catalina Ski race boats, run a 28 Magic to Catalina in rough seas like my 21' RT was designed to run in. The boats are just amazing, and a ton of fun to drive. Each model has it's design purpose, if the boat is being used and set up in the way it was intended they are bad ass. But so is a M35 with 1,350's. Just depends on the purpose of the boat, but in the 30 and under they are a hard boat to beat.

rvrrun

Reaction score

I remember the first one I saw at RR, it was like looking at a well built deuce at a car show. I remember the engine hatch standing out, the rib/stringer buildup and chrome plated A or F body GM hood hinges with a cable release latch (this was over thirty years ago, I'm sure it's still not done that way). The attention to detail really stood out. I've been in love with them ever since.

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
My seats are inlaid with Birdseye Maple. I had someone climb in my boat once, look down at the bottom of the seat and ask me why it's not finished with carpet or something. Lol. View attachment 539214

Then it has billet brackets with a billet base mounted to the floor. It all comes out with wing nuts in about 2 minutes. No manufacturer does that. They screw them to the floor instead of through bolting with polished Stainless hardware.

Don't forget the Z chanel. That stuff is the bees knees! ;)

tkrrox

Reaction score
I met a guy at roadrunner one time that had a Hallett 210.. It was rigged with an In Control shifter / In control foot trim.. Had big plates on the back, someone spent the time and spent some dough on making it extra nice. The guy had zero clue about any of it, and I was explaining to him "You know none of this stuff is normal right?" LOL.. He ended up being a pretty nice guy, but he was interested in selling his beginner boat and moving up. I was looking at it thinking it was crazy bad ass and I'd be proud to have it in my garage.

I love all boats.. Even the antler ones. Except bass boats.. I can't wrap my head around one of those being cool.. LOL

RD

check out the allison boats http://www.allisonboats.com/
they haul pooh!

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
Hallett makes a great boat, but to compare a Hallett to a Schiada is like comparing a flat head screw driver to a sandwich.

Croz

Reaction score
i still have never had a ride in a schiada. My wife and I have always liked yours OD1, from back when it was 211, maybe you can show me what you're talking about!

Rattle Can Lou

Reaction score
What I find truly hilarious is that boaters seem to have this subset/order/hierarchy

Why isn't it good enough that you're on the water, and SOOOOOO many folks aren't as fortunate?

Who gives a flying fuck. You're on the lake...

Lmao....

Just my 2 cents. Lolol..

That's what I love about the v-drive group...there are some LOADED with money and some with old ski boats worth 3 grand..and it doesn't seem to be any difference between the people. Everybody is respectful..when you go camping or RVing together...nobody cares what you own...great group of people.

Outdrive1

Reaction score
That's what I love about the v-drive group...there are some LOADED with money and some with old ski boats worth 3 grand..and it doesn't seem to be any difference between the people. Everybody is respectful..when you go camping or RVing together...nobody cares what you own...great group of people.

My 20 is far from anything you'd consider nice. Lol. The motor is worth double what the boat is worth. But you're right though. It's s great ski boat and bar hopper. It still gets you parking on the beach at the Schiada regatta next to an unlimited build vdrive.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Honestly, What am I missing??? From an outsider they don't look like anything special...To me it looks like a tiny boat with a couple seats mounted to the floor with a big engine and no hatch...Maybe I need to ride in one to see what the fuss is all about.

Stopped by Schiada today actually.

This is a african something or another transom on a bare hull being ready to be rigged.. Beautiful in person..

IMG_7368.jpg

Couple quick pics of Kevin's 21.

IMG_7369.jpg

IMG_7374.jpg

Passenger foot rest

IMG_7378.jpg

This is the seat base for the rear seat. The metal plate with the Schiada logo is part of the seat base system. The metal peg is what holds the seat cushion tight.. most mfg's use velcro.. These seats don't blow out or move, but when you want to take them out you can pull straight up and they come out perfectly etc.

IMG_7376.jpg

IMG_7373.jpg

The real deal pics are on my good camera but I took these to show you what a new Schiada looks like. There's so much stuff in these pics that you can look at some of the rigging stuff for 20/30 minutes and keep seeing something new.

The reality of it is though, all the rigging etc is cool.. but the hull works really well. It's an exceptionally smooth riding boat for its size.. There are some modern boats like Nordic's ski race deals that are better and smoother riding.. but these things are still really impressive. Next time you are out st the river let me know and I'll take you out in mine and we will stop at a bar for an hour or so.. ;).

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
This is the Schiada z bar that wheeler was referring too. They actually had their own die made for their rigging. This stuff is ridiculous expensive and the only place you can get it is Schiada.

IMG_7364.jpg

Going in a new 24 v drive with a Teague 1350 in it.

IMG_7365.jpg

Roy's 21 carbon fiber boat.. note this isn't finished and made to look good yet. The boat is ridiculously stiff.

IMG_7366.jpg

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

Its the boat equivalent of a '32 Ford hot rod. Its only real use is to look cool, cruise around, and do a couple burnouts. It is small, cramped, uncomfortable, you don't like spending any extended amount of time in it. Plus it could kill you at any moment in a variety of ways. But what a way to go.

rvrrun

Reaction score
Its the boat equivalent of a '32 Ford hot rod. Its only real use is to look cool, cruise around, and do a couple burnouts. It is small, cramped, uncomfortable, you don't like spending any extended amount of time in it. Plus it could kill you at any moment in a variety of ways. But what a way to go.

You've obviously never driven a T hot rod. A's are bad enough, but 32's are downright spacious, and without that pesky fuel tank under your ass or above your feet. In the back, with the spreader bar protecting it seems like a safe place.

Outdrive1

Reaction score
I mean you can build a wood box, carpet and upholster it and screw it to the floor. Or you can build a box. Inlay wood, put the labor in it to make it finish quality. Machine brackets. Through bolt them to the floor. Upholster it. Polish all the hardware. And put it together. What's the difference in cost of materials and labor?

My transom and floor is inlaid also with gel around it. Gas tanks painted. Etc etc. I've been in a lot of boats. So I appreciate the details and the fact that each one is hand built and different. None are exactly the same.

The cost to build one isn't something they have on a sheet for upgrades. You pay labor and materials. At Schiada rate and time frame. Lol. What's nice is that at one time Lee said there were maybe 18, 24 Schiadas. They only make a few boats a year. All different and all one off.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I mean you can build a wood box, carpet and upholster it and screw it to the floor. Or you can build a box. Inlay wood, put the labor in it to make it finish quality. Machine brackets. Through bolt them to the floor. Upholster it. Polish all the hardware. And put it together. What's the difference in cost of materials and labor?

My transom and floor is inlaid also with gel around it. Gas tanks painted. Etc etc. I've been in a lot of boats. So I appreciate the details and the fact that each one is hand built and different. None are exactly the same.

The cost to build one isn't something they have on a sheet for upgrades. You pay labor and materials. At Schiada rate and time frame. Lol. What's nice is that at one time Lee said there were maybe 18, 24 Schiadas. They only make a few boats a year. All different and all one off.
I think this is more it than anything else. The comparison to a '32 Ford is maybe for a mild I/O like RD's. The V-drive's and 24's and larger are more like the Dusenbergs of the boat industry. They are more like a coach builder in that regard where everything is custom done by a craftsman's hands in their shop on their schedule and at their pace until it is perfect.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
You've obviously never driven a T hot rod. A's are bad enough, but 32's are downright spacious, and without that pesky fuel tank under your ass or above your feet. In the back, with the spreader bar protecting it seems like a safe place.

I rode in a T bucket when I was a kid. I barely fit in it then. There is more room in my Toyota Yaris than a 32. That said I've only been in a couple 32's.

But my analogy is valid.. go drive in a 32 and then go drive a modern corvette.