WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Flights from OC to Havasu?

outboardrick

Reaction score
Does any airline fly into Havasu anymore, preferably from OC or Ontario?

WaterMike

Reaction score
I have always thought there should be a plane service from the OC area to Havasu. A train would be cool. Closest train is needles and it only stops there at 1 or 2 am.

Dirtbag

Reaction score
I have always thought there should be a plane service from the OC area to Havasu. A train would be cool. Closest train is needles and it only stops there at 1 or 2 am.

the train service is pretty awesome. Pops my son and I came out on a thursday but grandma couldnt come til friday. We put her on the train out of fullerton and 5 hrs later she was in needles. I love trains and think this would be an awesome trip to take. No doubt my boy and I will be doing it when pops is already in Havasu. I think it was 50 bux?

Got me and pops thinking what about a party bus service from amtrak to havasu haha....if all your toys are already in havasu this is a great way to travel...get fucked up on the train and have a party bus pick you up????????

outboardrick

Reaction score
the train service is pretty awesome. Pops my son and I came out on a thursday but grandma couldnt come til friday. We put her on the train out of fullerton and 5 hrs later she was in needles. I love trains and think this would be an awesome trip to take. No doubt my boy and I will be doing it when pops is already in Havasu. I think it was 50 bux?

Got me and pops thinking what about a party bus service from amtrak to havasu haha....if all your toys are already in havasu this is a great way to travel...get fucked up on the train and have a party bus pick you up????????

I forgot about the train, that's a possibility :thumbsup My sister wants to visit from OC but doesn't want to drive that far (she's getting older), don't know if she could rent a car in Needles though :headscratch:

Dirtbag

Reaction score
I forgot about the train, that's a possibility :thumbsup My sister wants to visit from OC but doesn't want to drive that far (she's getting older), don't know if she could rent a car in Needles though :headscratch:

go pick her up lol?

the train station isnt in the best part of town and it arrives at nearly 1 in the morning. Nothing is open around then....thats my point on the shuttle service....I bet if you called one of the shuttles around town they would do it for 25-30 bux..maybe not

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score

They have tried plane services from OC and LAX several times in the past. Never lasted long. I remember we drove from Bellflower to LAX to fly to Havasu back in the late 80's. They over booked, so we drove anyway. Turns out the plane had mechanical issues and they never made the trip that night.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
American starts flying to Bullhead from PHX in March.
SunCountry is flying Bullhead to/from Dallas, Minneapolis and Seattle.

My mom was looking into Ontario to phx to bhc. Doesn't make sense. I forgot how much she said...285? I could be way off.

jones performance

Reaction score
private charter would be only flights i could think of.

i fly with someone i know now and then in their plane. so awesome, blows driving away.

Singleton

Reaction score
My mom was looking into Ontario to phx to bhc. Doesn't make sense. I forgot how much she said...285? I could be way off.

Makes no sense. Would end up taking longer then driving. Your at 3:15hr if everything goes right = Get to airport 1hr before flight, 1hr flight to PHX, 30min flight change in PHX, 45min flight to Bullhead.

78Southwind

Reaction score
Does any airline fly into Havasu anymore, preferably from OC or Ontario?

Like a couple guys have mentioned she can take the train, just tell her to be prepared for the "Crazy Train" if she goes on a big weekend. My girl has taken the train a several times and on the big weekends the weed comes out. Nothing like contact high in the upper deck.:skull

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
If they get the train thing smoothed out, that may be a good way to go from So Cal - LHC. It would require a reliable shuttle from Needles. Scheduled commercial flights into LHC are not at all likely. Seems many need just one way service, then meet up with others in LHC.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
We used to buy 10 packs from OC to Havasu, I think it was $99 each way, less if you bought the 10 pack. This was back when the airport was on the island.

Singleton

Reaction score
We used to buy 10 packs from OC to Havasu, I think it was $99 each way, less if you bought the 10 pack. This was back when the airport was on the island.

Your not that old. Then again the island airport closed in 91.

McRib

aka HWlaser23, "B" team member
Reaction score
Pm rvrlvr. Maybe he'd fly you from cable in upland. Lol

rvrrun

Reaction score
So, I need to buy a Bombardier and start promoting flights between Zamparini and Havasu?

Andy01

Reaction score
Cessna Caravan would be a great way to go. They can be rented for around $800 a hour, normally seat 10. Single engine turbo prop. Havasu from So. Cal. would be right at a hour. Be a really nice way to go if you could get 6-8 people to split cost all the time. CFC in long beach almost bought one at one time I believe. It was on display at a open house, they were talking around $800 a hour. Had deicing, G1000, ifr and such. Super nice inside. Everyone on board could party but the pilot. :thumbup: Easy plane to transition into if your already single engine high performance, current.

UAV.Pilot

Reaction score
I could do a trip for ya, if your brave enough to go fast in a home built?

Attachments

• IMG_6461.jpg
    IMG_6461.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 16

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
I was just curious if the LHC runaway would support the takeoff & landing of a 737. The cargo jets do not land in Havasu, they have smaller planes & you can often see them parked from hwy 95. I believe the larger planes land in Vegas & the freight is then flown to Havasu in smaller planes. Surely if a 737 had already landed in Havasu there would be pics & videos somewhere.

That makes sense. I have no idea WTF Fed Ex is doing - I am busy enough worrying about freight logistics with RDP express operations. :D

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
I was just curious if the LHC runaway would support the takeoff & landing of a 737. The cargo jets do not land in Havasu, they have smaller planes & you can often see them parked from hwy 95. I believe the larger planes land in Vegas & the freight is then flown to Havasu in smaller planes. Surely if a 737 had already landed in Havasu there would be pics & videos somewhere.

The runway is large enough and long enough to handle an airplane the size of a 737.

Great Lakes used to run a flight in there from Phoenix and then maybe Vision Airlines out of Vegas. I believe Havasu used to be an EAS market, meaning it was subsidize for airlines to serve it, but that was before Bullhead had as many flights.

Without someone kicking in some bucks I didn't you'd see any flights to and from HII. Though maybe someone like Boutique Air will at some point, they fly PC12, carrying 9 passengers. Might be able to make the numbers works. The city and chamber of.commerce would need to get involved.

jones performance

Reaction score

from poking around on google it sounds like it can support a 737 and one has landed there before.

https://www.azdot.gov/media/blog/po...icipal-airport-named-2013-airport-of-the-year

at the bottom of page http://www.desertskiesexecutiveair.com/index.html

boatpi

Reaction score
Are used to fly on a regular basis from John Wayne airport to Lake Havasu . The last major carrier to fly into lake bavasu was US airways, with the air service for subsidized by a federal grant . It was a Beechcraft 1900. No one uses that aircraft anymore it's an EMP 120 now slightly larger.

You could take a flight from anywhere the country and pick up a turboprop in either Phoenix or Las Vegas for the final leg again . They had two or three connecting flights six days a week.

The airport subsidy was spent and from what I understand the city leaders in on the client apply for another grant some of this city Council people have this false vision that one the industrial areas developed by the airport that will have a greater demand of corporate clients I just don't see it that way .

Hey second smaller air travel grant was received in the federal government and it was completely squandered by city leaders they thought they could have flights from Ontario airport to lake have a Sue and make it viable they burn the money up and it fell on its face.

anyone that travels from Southern California knows half if you're driving is done by the time you reach the bottom of the I-15 is just getting out of orange county or Long Beach or somewhere else up the hill that's most of the nightmare battle. Just imagine could've been an excess if they had had nonstop flights and say Long Beach airport who had plenty of slots open.

Maybe this forum Or with the marine association or another group can get a groundswell of support to get the city leaders to apply for another grant . His city mill that survey after they passed away the last Grant asking for peoples opinion where were they would fly from into Lake Havasu I don't know if that survey will check the questions was ever published . I was like the part where they take a survey after they passed away the money . the last one they completely blew big $$$$, maybe someone gets smart the next time .

That's basically it in a nutshell if there's no federal grant there will be no air service as I see it .