WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

maherajah water ski

Reaction score
I have received a premonition, original image replaced.

Photograph24_zpsd32a1e11.jpg

Attachments

• 69a_zpsd42a72ff.jpg
    69a_zpsd42a72ff.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 663

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
before I delete that.. anyone know where i can get one of those for my garage? or does someone have an original that I could reprint?

outboardrick

Reaction score
before I delete that.. anyone know where i can get one of those for my garage? or does someone have an original that I could reprint?

I have an original Dave, you're more than welcome to copy it.

SoCalZero

Reaction score

I think Maherajah has them on their site. Probably cheaper to reprint one though.

Long Way Home

Dog Days of Summer!
Reaction score
http://maherajah.com/collections/decals-posters/products/classic-maherajah-right-on-girl-poster-1972

By the early Seventies, the ?anything goes? era of the youth culture was in full swing. Bob Maher, Owner of Maherajah Water Skis wanted a marketing piece that would keep his brand on everyone's minds. At the same time, a 26 year-old California girl was working hard to find her break in modelling and acting. Their worlds collided and the iconic ?Right On Girl? poster was created. She posed for a photo that would bring hot rod culture, the world of flat bottom boats, water skis, pop culture television and the underground ?adult? scene together in one glorious moment.

Not only did Bob Maher?s Maherajah "Right on Girl" poster run as a cover on the July ?78 issue of High Society, but one could still order the original 1972 poster from a full-page ad in "Oui" magazine as late as July of 1979.

Now, 30 years later Bob is bringing this vintage item back to the market so collectors and fans alike can each own a piece of history.

Measures 36" x 24"

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
I bought Campbell Carl's Maharaja ski and would love to display it with the original poster in the new house we are building.

Taboma

Reaction score
Hope this doesn't offend Dave, but before he pulls the pic on pg 1, or deletes this thread ---- here's a screen size copy of the original without all the poster advertising.
I made the canvas longer so the watermark wouldn't spoil the image.

Maherajah poster V2 copy.jpg

old rigger

Reaction score
I bought one from Bob last month to replace my long lost original.

Still have my original Ups and Downs poster though. :)

Jimmy

Reaction score
Should put in the RDP Shop for a limited time cos I'll have one.

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
The Maher family is not particularly happy these are being reproduced, as he still has a copyright on the image and is actively selling them. He and his daughter are out here in Parker for the ski races this weekend.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
The Maher family is not particularly happy these are being reproduced, as he still has a copyright on the image and is actively selling them. He and his daughter are out here in Parker for the ski races this weekend.

I will order one from Bob for sure. :thumbup:

Rickybobby

Reaction score
Great poster but 50.00 a pop!!!! Really??? Seems kinda of steep for a nice set of ta ta's!!!!

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
I have an original. 50 bucks????
You know that's Suzanne Sommers?

Rickybobby

Reaction score
Coolchange... SS's tits are classic but are you saying they are 50.00$ classic ??? :p:p:p

for the record, they are great, but 50.00$ will go a long way at the gentleman's club:eek:eek:eek

Has or does anyone ski a Maherajah slalom water ski ?? I have an older Connlley wood water ski and while it is cool to look at, it cant compare to the newer shaped ski's performance (a friend who is a hardcore slalom skier suggested there is a reason they stopped making them in wood???). I was just wondering bc, I almost pulled the trigger on a Maherajah slalom ski today but hesitated:grumble::grumble: Just wondered if they're worth all that ???
rb

Backlash

Reaction score
I wouldn't say those are "Great ta-tas." Kinda small for my liking but it's a cool retro poster. In '79 they were $5....and now they are $50? It does seem a little steep.

If I recall, in '79, gasoline was about $0.87 a gallon. Today, it's about $3.25 a gallon. That's about 3.7 times more expensive than it was in '79.

Using that logic, I would think a $15-$20 price tag for the posters these days would be more reasonable.

:D

DC-88

Reaction score
Ya me too! I see Dc-88 knows. I missed that on my first read of his post.

I'm more from the Heather Thomas and slightly later poster era but my FIL used to have the poster so that's how I knew. Somers is a breast cancer survivor too I'm pretty sure....I wonder what % of each 50 bucks she gets, or gets donated to breast cancer research:skull --- Not that she needs the $ but they'd probably sell way more of them for that price if a donation was a decent % of sales ;)