WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Ozark on Netflix

Tank

Reaction score
Just talking about this with my neighbor yesterday. Heard it's bomb. It's on our list.

TCHB

Reaction score
Just starting watching it last night.

Ol Man

Reaction score
We watched the first four episodes last night. Lots of "interesting" stuff happening.

jimbo5o

Reaction score
Binge watched the whole season this weekend... Badass!!! I'm pissed it's over..

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Seen it on Netflix and wondered if it was any good. Looks like you guys helped me make up my mind to watch it.

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Just finished episode 1. I'm hooked.

Wmc

The Mayor
Reaction score
I watched 3 episodes last night

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
Was going to start a thread about it Friday definitely going to be a great show and a little boat action to boot

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Without spoiling it, what's it about?

tkrrox

Reaction score
Just finished. They better be doing a 2 soon[emoji106]

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Good series, started watching last night. Good acting and story line.

MissB

The Asset..
Reaction score
binge watched all weekend.... soooo good!!!

HavaToon

Reaction score
Finished the series last night, come on season 2

Mike K

Reaction score
Yeah it's a cool show ... I'm only in season 1 still ... weird thing is ... I've heard that there supposed to be big bad ass boats there and it's supposed to be kinda like Havasu? What I've seen are mostly family bowriders, pontoons and small Sea Ray cabin cruisers ... the girls ? ... they are weak compared to Havasu 😜 Maybe the big boats will show up in future episodes ... but it is cool to see Lake Of The Ozarks if you've never been there ... very cool place.

PlumLoco

Vintage Jawa CZ motorcycles
Reaction score
According to that Wiki link, most of the show was filmed at Lake Altoona near Atlanta because of the tax breaks that Georgia was offering to the production. Might explain the lack of $$$ boats and ladies.

Tank

Reaction score
Lake of the ozarks is littered with performance boats probably second to south Florida. But just like any lake that has seasons, it shuts down for 6-8 months of the year. Definitely the downside to most lakes back east. Ozarks gets hella sloppy confused water because it's narrow too.

underpressure

Reaction score
Wife and I watched the first two episodes last night...liked it and will finish the series...

But, the pregnant (I hope?) topless dancer:boobeyes:...good lord...can't unsee that...:yikes

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
According to that Wiki link, most of the show was filmed at Lake Altoona near Atlanta because of the tax breaks that Georgia was offering to the production. Might explain the lack of $$$ boats and ladies.

Altoona is due north of Atlanta and they let the water way down in winter. Beautiful lake in summer season and if you are not seeing $$$ boats and hotties on the show, it's not because they are not present.

Our old friend JBB calls this his "home" lake. He and I jab each other on whose lake is cooler as I had Lake Sidney Lanier as my "home" lake. These lakes are about 40-50 miles apart and Lanier is much larger and levels are maintained year around. Lanier IS cooler and has at least 3X's the boat traffic.:D

From what I've seen of LOTO, Altoona represents it quite well topographically, though not nearly as long. LOTO has more homes and shoreside businesses.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Wife and I watched the first two episodes last night...liked it and will finish the series...

But, the pregnant (I hope?) topless dancer:boobeyes:...good lord...can't unsee that...:yikes

Now that translates to north GA. :skull

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
You can't help but wonder why they added the rumbling exhaust to the wakesetter scene.. lol.

Alot of rollbar and family boats are running what sounds like big power on this show :rolleyes but still a hell of a show

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Watched the first two last night. Could have binged the whole deal. Seems a cross of Justified and Breaking. Smartly written and should present some impossible situations to resolve. I'll see if I can do one a night.
Ya and that dancer...

rampster

Reaction score
Thanks Inmates, there went 3 hours of my life in front of the TV. I like it so far.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Thanks Inmates, there went 3 hours of my life in front of the TV. I like it so far.

LOL.. same here. I bing watched half the first season over the last 2 days.

I will say the way this guy keeps running his mouth to everyone... he'd be dead or in jail in two days.

RD

GMD

Reaction score
Never heard of the show until this thread. Renewed my Netflix membership, now I'm hooked and watched all the episodes.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Watched the whole season over the weekend. It's entertaining for sure, but with this many bodies stacking up you'd think this guy would get clipped or in jail.

They are portraying Byrd to be a quiet nerd type, but on the same token a guy that can resist having his toe nails pulled out without cracking? Something's aren't adding up.

I expect if they continue this trend he will end up being a king pin in the drug trade.

Tank

Reaction score
Watched the first episode a bit ago. Wife and I are in. :thumbsup

Very breaking bad-esq but I like how it picks up 10 years after the beginning where BB showed the start and of it all. Sets this series up for lots of flash backs and pos pre-quill.

Tank

Reaction score
Watched the whole season over the weekend. It's entertaining for sure, but with this many bodies stacking up you'd think this guy would get clipped or in jail.

They are portraying Byrd to be a quiet nerd type, but on the same token a guy that can resist having his toe nails pulled out without cracking? Something's aren't adding up.

I expect if they continue this trend he will end up being a king pin in the drug trade.

Funny you said that. I'm not to that point yet (thanks for the spoiler LOL), but I was thinking he was pretty cool while his friends were all getting smoked in the first episode actually. Just chillin and some quick thinking when the gun was put to his head.

westair

Reaction score

I can handle the pregnant dancer but the hillbilly homo's not so much:eek

Wicky

Mr. Potatohead
Reaction score
It was good until they had to do the token hollyweird queer scene. The shark has now been jumped. Give me season 4 of the Ranch, on the double please. Who sells the Ugg boots on here again?

Tank

Reaction score
It was good until they had to do the token hollyweird queer scene. The shark has now been jumped. Give me season 4 of the Ranch, on the double please. Who sells the Ugg boots on here again?

Absolutely love the ranch and not a huge Ashton Kutcher fan either. That show is absolutely great. Unfortunately I can't find it on the magic box to save my life. Only show I've ever not been able to locate. I don't know wtf is up with that.

j21black

Reaction score
Absolutely love the ranch and not a huge Ashton Kutcher fan either. That show is absolutely great. Unfortunately I can't find it on the magic box to save my life. Only show I've ever not been able to locate. I don't know wtf is up with that.

Agree...I cannot stand Asthon.....But that show is great! Probably like it because of all the shit he catches...

Tank

Reaction score
Agree...I cannot stand Asthon.....But that show is great! Probably like it because of all the shit he catches...

It's pretty funny to watch a full unedited sit com too. The cast plays off each other very well and Sam Elliot? That dudes an OG Bad ass.

Tank

Reaction score
I just hate the laugh track. Cant watch the ranch

The laugh track and sets are a bit cheesy but I can look past it because I'm usually laughing through it. [emoji23][emoji106]

USMC2010

Reaction score
We are 3 episodes in, backing away from this thread until caught up.

No Butt No Putt

Reaction score
Funny it's not filmed on LOTO but on Lake Allatoona in Georgia.

It's a good show. Only 2 more episodes left for me.

Shady

Reaction score
Started watching this last night, one episode in. I am hooked.