WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Vasectomy, questions for the members that have done this....

Blown Lavey

Mid week boating anyone..
Reaction score
So I just had the laser vasectomy an hour ago and now I'm sitting on the couch with a bag of ice and an IPad. Any tips from the gentlemen that have been through this other than ice and beers? How long before you guys were back to gym, golfing, etc? Feel like someone just kicked me in the nuts:cool:cool.

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
What did they prescreen you for before getting it done.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Man up. :)

I went to the shop later that day and worked.

The next day, likeitneverfuckinhappened.

It was sinister how easy I rendered myself useless.

Seriously, I have heard some horror stories. The urologist I went to was a straightupbadass.

Brian

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Although, I would be careful drinkin too many beers.

Blown Lavey

Reaction score
#Nowhinninghere, just looking for "real advice" being Rd is a wealth of knowledge.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
#Nowhinninghere, just looking for "real advice" being Rd is a wealth of knowledge.

Justmessinwithyou.

Like I said, mine was painless and over like that.

Others I have heard were horror stories.

Two weeks is what I was told, no heavy lifting, or exertions, wear brief type underwear....ect.

I meant what I said about alcohol.....my doc said no drinkin.

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
I'll be getting this done sooner rather than later as well. Interested in the answers as well.

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
Family members nads swelled up bad and stitches ripped it was a long healing process and he had to wear pads:D those jokes and gifts write themselves. Have a close friend to ended up having a baby couple months afterwards guess you have to fire off a ton of knuckle babies and get things cleared up. Mirena has been good to us.Good luck and Godspeed if you get it done

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Have a close friend to ended up having a baby couple months afterwards guess you have to fire off a ton of knuckle babies and get things cleared up.

This, xaaaactly.....

Good way to convince the 'better half" to help clear them out.

25Elmn8r

Reaction score
I had it done 15 years ago, but remember the day like it was yesterday. I think the thought of it was worse that the actual procedure. Mine was also done on a friday afternoon. Drove myself to and from the appt. A couple hours after it definitely felt like I'd been kicked in the junk. Posted up on the couch for the evening and all of Saturday. Thought I was feeling pretty good Sunday morning and went out to mow the yards, big mistake! Kicked off the pain again like it had just been done. Dr said to take the ENTIRE weekend and do nothing, should have listened to him! By Tuesday morning was almost painfree. And took another week off from the gym. After that I was good to go.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Don't listen to ANYTHING oldschoolboats has to say on this subject. Dooood have like 15 kids, and STILL isn't fixed up. :)

Brian

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
I went back to work 2 days after ...mistake , stitch opened up ...sore ...wait the 2 weeks before you do anything .

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
Don't listen to ANYTHING oldschoolboats has to say on this subject. Dooood have like 15 kids, and STILL isn't fixed up. :)

Brian
I bet he changes that up sooner rather than later.

Groper

Reaction score
Humm it looks like some of you need to get your keyboards checked, there seems to be a lot of keys stuck around here :rolleyes

rvrrun

Reaction score
I didn't know laser was a thing. Is that better than the scalpel? Julie has mentioned a few times I should do it.

2Driver

Reaction score
Follow DR's orders on the take it easy thing. You will feel perfect but its real easy to blow a gasket for a few days. Just relax

Most important! Live ones can be in there for up to 20 money shots. So get busy and take a sample of # 21 in for inspection and all clear.

milkmoney

Reaction score
If I was smarter I would've done it when I was 15 and had no kids [emoji23]
Exactly, I shoot blanks, but I was,stupid and tried to be a step dad in my late 40's. Now tell me who is dumber [emoji202]

nowski

Reaction score
I'd wait a month or so to have it done, why??? Try having it done on a Thursday afternoon or Friday morning then take the weekend off to watch all the football you like, that's why...

Beware of young kids that like to jump on their dad, I learned this the hard / ouch!!! way... :eek

milkmoney

Reaction score
Kids are awesome but damn it would've been a whole lot less stress in High School if I knew I was shooting blanks lol
I agree kids,are great and I enjoy them as,long as I don't have to pay for them or put up with them [emoji6] [emoji202]

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
So I just had the laser vasectomy an hour ago and now I'm sitting on the couch with a bag of ice and an IPad. Any tips from the gentlemen that have been through this other than ice and beers? How long before you guys were back to gym, golfing, etc? Feel like someone just kicked me in the nuts:cool:cool.

I had zero pain...had it done maybe 15 or so years ago.

I kept a bag of frozen peas on my nuts for a couple days after and just sat in my Lazy Boy.

(Wife waited on me hand and foot. That shit aint NEVER gonna happen again!!!! :D)

It was probably a couple of months before the Tightness went fully away. I've heard the horror stores, I did not want to be that guy, so I took it Real easy.

Blown Lavey

Reaction score
The procedure was pretty painless, little tinge when they use the laser for coterrizing the tubes (gave me a little more local and I was fine). The smell will throw you off when your like wtf is burning...lol. Honestly the needle to give u the local was the worst, and it was way easier than the dentist. The old scalpel way is old tech, there's no suitures just one small hole smaller than a bb that they do with the laser. I'm already bored, wish there was some football to watch.

bagged97taco

Reaction score
Just had the procedure done on Monday. Back to work in an automotive shop on Wednesday. No real pain. Just a slight discomfort, until my 2 years old kicked me in the sack while taking a nap. New procedure is easy, the doc and nurse were talking about they lunch the had last week while I'm laying on the table, nurse said she really liked the meatballs she had. Couldn't stop laughing while they were handling my package. Talk about a funny scene.

Danger Dave

Sarcastically Optimistic 😁
Reaction score
Most important! Live ones can be in there for up to 20 money shots. So get busy and take a sample of # 21 in for inspection and all clear.

That was like one afternoon when I was 16 and we got Showtime.

cnj

Reaction score
Took it easy for a week or so, then no issues. Lots of ice to keep the swelling down at first. That was when I was a lot younger, tho'

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Just had the procedure done on Monday. Back to work in an automotive shop on Wednesday. No real pain. Just a slight discomfort, until my 2 years old kicked me in the sack while taking a nap. New procedure is easy, the doc and nurse were talking about they lunch the had last week while I'm laying on the table, nurse said she really liked the meatballs she had. Couldn't stop laughing while they were handling my package. Talk about a funny scene.

Yea, that was really the surreal experience.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Had it done years ago when we lived in Louisiana. Old style with the stiches etc. I think that suture thread had to have been 3' long. Just about lifted me off the table. Old country Doctor. Asked him about pain at home. He recommended "Budweiser and Bufferin" when I went home. Said it had to be exactly those products. I said, Doc my wife is in the waiting room. You're going to have to tell her that because she sure as hell won't believe me. He smiled and told my wife. Went home, took a couple aspirin, drank too much beer and ended up in a water balloon fight with our kids. I was fine. Back to work the next day.

OutCole'd

Raging Member
Reaction score
For me the worst part was the air conditioning cranked on max cold. It was freezing in there. Caused some issues.

Took it easy for a few days and all was fine.

pcrussell50

Reaction score

I had it old skool, cut with scissors, only cauterized with laser, back in summer 2015, so I had a couple of stiches. Never used a bag of ice. Did take some Advil the first day. The next afternoon I was at the gym lifting (only upper body), and the day after that, I was at work (airline pilot, plenty of sitting). They said to take a sponge bath to protect the stitches. Meh. I showered the same night I had the procedure. I just didn't blast water at the stitches.. common sense... The feeling of having been knackerd lingered for a few days, but was never enough to stop me from doing most things.

-Peter

coz

-------------------
Reaction score
20 years ago and the best part was the Valium shot, definetly sore and turned into a big bruise down there but all turned out well and the phucker still works great :bowdown:

pcrussell50

Reaction score
20 years ago and the best part was the Valium shot, definetly sore and turned into a big bruise down there but all turned out well and the phucker still works great :bowdown:

Aaah, the Valium...

I'm kind of boring and conservative. No tattoos or piercings, don't use drugs, haven't really drank very much since college. I wasn't interested in the Valium shot. But there were two other guys, young tatted, hip, and they BOTH said, "Valium? Hell yeah!!!" Me and the other guy in our 40's just shrugged our shoulders and declined.

-Peter

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Had it sch when found out #3 was on his way, cancelled said ehhh can't get ya anymore pregnant. Got it done while #4 was still in NICU. :D

Most discomfort was the numbing shot. After no biggie, until you think your fine next day and start lifting 100 sacks of concrete :grumble: got humbled about an hour later when shit swelled up. Ice and take it easy. No problems otherwise

MisplacedSooner

Reaction score
Had it done Feb 24th 2017, 42 yrs old, we were done after two kids but it took 5 years for me to sack up and schedule it. Read up on everything etc, did the no scalpel deal. Shaved the night before, went in and went through all the BS, Doc said it would only be mild discomfort and not a big deal, they brought in all of their gadgets and I started getting cold feet, he reassured me again that it was simple, said fuck it lets get it over with. The scrotum shot was no biggie, thought hell this is a walk in the park, disregard when they say no scalpel, because when they rip your nut sack with a pair of sharp doctors tools they might as well of used the scalpel. I honestly said what the hell was that and he said we just made the small puncture into the scrotum, umm okay fuck that didnt feel very good, after that I thought it was all good, the first nut got the shot in the vas and it felt like I got kicked in the balls, didnt expect that but whatever, they used a clamp at this place, the last one didnt feel any better but 15 minutes in and out and sewed up with stitches that dissolve, set on my ass with frozen peas from Friday to Sunday. I went back to work but glad I didnt work out in the field anymore and that I have a office job now. No swelling, minor bruising. Took about 4 weeks until everything felt right again. Need to go back and whack off in a cup to make sure it worked. If it didnt Im going to find the Doc and kick his ass.

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
IMG_9926.JPG

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
I played golf the following day.... 9 hcp, shot even par.. (thats whats happens when you swing easy...LOL)

the doc told me.. NO HAPPY ENDING FOR 2 weeks..... so with everything going good.... I thought wtf... day 10... GET ERR DONE!!!! HURT LIKE SOMEONE KICKED ME IN THE BALLS...

when I went in for a check up at 2 weeks, I told him what happen and about the pain... Doc says, thats why I told you 2 weeks you IDIOT!!

mine was 30 yrs ago...

my oldest just had it done this year... he was black and blue with swollen balls for 3 weeks....:eek

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Tighty Whitey's that are two sizes too small. Keep the beans close. I was back to work 36 hours later but kept them pulled up tight tight to the body