WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Lake Jodie

OGCroz

Reaction score
Hey RDPers any of you know anything about Lake Jodie in Newbury Springs? Thanks in advance

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Ok like what's the deal? Can you boat and ski on it? Is it deep? Fish? You know things like that

It's a private ski lake. It's rather small. If there's more than 3 boats on the lake local custom is whoever has been on longest gets off. Most of the residents are pretty cool about that.

The fishing is great, catfish mostly but some blue gil and bass.

It's not incredibly deep, maybe 25 ft at full pool.

Water is well water, the heads and pumps are managed by an HOA as well as periodic removal of underwater vegetation.

It's been a few years since we've been there, it's a fun time.
Sorta like "river light",lol.
Off-roading is right there, and as long as you're respectful on the dirt roads going to and fro there's no issues.
Push your luck and many around there are on a first name basis with the local sheriffs deputies;)

If you look at it on Google earth or the like and pan out a bit you will notice to the east a bit another lake shaped like a letter H
That ones for sale if you know any ballers with about 900k to burn.:thumbsup

Taboma

Reaction score
That "H" shaped lake is a beautiful shade of green :eek Checking google maps I'm amazed at the number of small ski lakes out in that area, at least ten I can count -- wow !!

Gelcoater

Reaction score
That "H" shaped lake is a beautiful shade of green :eek Checking google maps I'm amazed at the number of small ski lakes out in that area, at least ten I can count -- wow !!

I think it was about a month ago it was in the listings in that area, you should be able to find it pretty easy if it's still on?

I can see some potential there as a private place for rent. Cub scouts, church camp outs, ski lake, fishing derby, duck hunting, RC boat events, etc. already has a few rv spots wired in.

Wouldn't take much to improve it a little.

Or, do like they did at Jodie and divide the shore into lots and sell them off.

tkrrox

Reaction score

If you look at all the properties, most had a pond/lake. I wonder if a developer dug the ponds/lakes sold the lots and when owners realized cost to maintain let them dry up

Parker Dreamin

Can I get a what what ???
Reaction score
Sister just bought a place on one of them Lakes, right off the 15 by Jodi. Looks pretty fun and lookj g forward to water and dez time.

TBulger

Reaction score
I've camped there a time or two, but don't remember any homes being built; been a couple of summers though. It's very pretty and was a light blue. :)

Hallett Dave

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
I've camped there a time or two, but don't remember any homes being built; been a couple of summers though. It's very pretty and was a light blue. :)

Why?
I used to go to Buena Vista between Taft & Bakersfield which looks to be larger. The camping was great.
I have not been back since the 2004 incident with the park ranger who kicked my Hallett off the water.
I was not driving and I was not even in my boat.
I would not invest in any property at his place nor would I put a boat on that body of water.
I predict this lake community will suffer the demise as did the water park Lake Delores.
I saw it happen at Lake Los Angeles.
Silver Lakes near Victorville is probably not too far behind.
YMMV
HD