WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Dallas Investment Property Club

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
It's the RDP difference.
Everyone knows everyone, most all of us have personal relationships.
It's not like some random forum where people are anonymous...these are the same people we get drunk with (or in my case, until recently) on a regular basis :thumbsup

Fuckinsellout.

milkmoney

Reaction score
The PM was in response to your post.

I was seeking information, your opinion, and why you said you weren't interested sir.

Damn me if I respect your opinion Milfy?

Should I not have asked?

You expressed interest in investing in my machineshop, or specifically after I bought the lathe, maybe I should have not treated you serious, but I replied to the questions you asked. Should I not have given your questions their due diligence Milfy?

Brian
Ur over thinking it , it was a ? Only , it never hurts to inquire about making money. Some good some bad.

[emoji202]

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Alright this thread is starting to get weird. If you're not interested, please stop posting.

It is nice when the mods keep it real. :)

I would like to hear dissenting opinions Shintooooooooooooo.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Wait until everyone throws in their money and shit starts to go south....then it will get weird.;)

The way I figure it, I've pissed away more money on stupider shit. Regardless of the outcome, this will not be my worst investment

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
The way I figure it, I've pissed away more money on stupider shit. Regardless of the outcome, this will not be my worst investment

The way I figure it, most everything we do has an upside as well as down.

There are people here like to cause drama because they think it is entertaining.

For whatever reason they are allowed to stay, even at the expense of others.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Wait until everyone throws in their money and shit starts to go south....then it will get weird.;)

You haven't earned a penny in your life, and really have no business chiming-in while the adults are talking.

Opinions - pro and con - from people with actual experiences investing their hard-earned money are absolutely appreciated.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Had a bunch of friends blind invest with a guy name Norman Hsu. A well known buddy was the ringleader bringing people in.

I declined.

It was a scam and they all lost their asses. Hsu ended up in jail.

Not saying you are or that all investment clubs are, but its a hard thing to do right and take care of groups of investors.

A property club is a good idea, but putting it together correctly is hard.

UD

kiethco

Reaction score
I'm good to go when it's a thing. In for 10k

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I agree. Texas has high property taxes, which will cut into the return. TON'S of non cyclical business in Indianapolis.

Not that the article is the end all be all, but Dallas is less than 2% behind Indy.

thetub

Reaction score

dennisnyc40

Reaction score
I'am very interested also. Seems like a good opportunity to get in on the ground floor.

milkmoney

Reaction score
I'am very interested also. Seems like a good opportunity to get in on the ground floor.
Lol. Ground floor will either go to the penthouse or the mail room.

[emoji4] [emoji6] [emoji202]

Raffit78

Reaction score
Unless there are better opportunities that people know of that this group tried/trying to put together..... I'd like to hear it.

Everyone has found the cracks/problems.....but yet not many have a better solution. I'm all ears.

I can try to sell milk to a cow [emoji4][emoji243]

RodnJen

Reaction score
I agree. Texas has high property taxes, which will cut into the return. TON'S of non cyclical business in Indianapolis.

Sales tax is costly as well. Cuts into disposable income. Not a deal-breaker but needs to be considered when looking at rents and wages.

pronstar

Reaction score
The brain trust is working behind the scenes for Dallas to get this thing going.
There are opportunities in a lot of areas of this great country, I wish folks well if they're looking elsewhere...we're focusing on Dallas.

Stay tuned, more to come.

thetub

Reaction score
The brain trust is working behind the scenes for Dallas to get this thing going.
There are opportunities in a lot of areas of this great country, I wish folks well if they're looking elsewhere...we're focusing on Dallas.

Stay tuned, more to come.

Pron any demand for boat and RV storage around there?

OldTex may know?

are there any lakes like Havasu around there or vacation destination lakes where people dont want to tow there boat all the time?

pronstar

Reaction score
Pron any demand for boat and RV storage around there?

OldTex may know?

are there any lakes like Havasu around there?

That's a good question.
There are several lakes around here, and Texaoma is huge and just 90 miles north.
Possum Kingdom is also not too far away, and even local Lewisville has boating.

But to be honest, have not looked into the boating scene at all.

thetub

Reaction score
That's a good question.
There are several lakes around here, and Texaoma is huge and just 90 miles north.

I only found 2 near Lake Dallas

this first one is Huuuuge

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...s.net/&usg=AFQjCNFwy4PxR-OVU2jc2uy58WkRO6KGIQ

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...e.net/&usg=AFQjCNGWe4O9lRlkSMUYXaM7afXiv7NyOQ

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with boat storage around the central northern parts of TX. But it seems to always be needed in the Houston Metro area.

Locally I pass a new facility going in that looks like it will have covered enclosed storage for 100's of boats. One of the largest I've ever seen in this area. Big money is being spent. This location is on a main highway to the Gulf Coast from Freeport south. It will serve metro Houston to leave their small craft closer to the bays and close inshore fishing areas.

Boat storage in fast growing metro areas will be needed as most subdivision do not allow boats storage in "sight". And most homes will not have adequate size garages or room for an out building.

Hope this helps.....

milkmoney

Reaction score
Unless there are better opportunities that people know of that this group tried/trying to put together..... I'd like to hear it.

Everyone has found the cracks/problems.....but yet not many have a better solution. I'm all ears.

I can try to sell milk to a cow [emoji4][emoji243]
Actually cows do drink milk lol [emoji6] [emoji202]

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
That's a good question.

Lake Lewisville is gigantic.

Raffit78

Reaction score
We need to find a local small bank in Dallas and make them an offer on there foreclosed properties.

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
We have some even better ideas :thumbsup

I'm too late in this thread to go back and read all of it up to this point but feel free to run your ideas by me if you need an informed opinion. I've financed a few deals in Texas the last couple of years and could be there in a couple more!