WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The come back of HTM boats.

cicchetti_24

Reaction score
Ovomitcare is fucking gone now so, maybe Pres Trump will work on draining the EPA now. Let's cross our fingers. I need a new 2.5 Merc Drag mota!!

I think we could leave politics out of this

Reaction score
I think we could leave politics out of this

IMG_6588.jpg

instagator

Reaction score
I'd guess it to be right in there, maybe even a little faster. But 106 with twin 225's seems really really fast. Not saying it didn't happen, just saying I wouldn't guesstimate speed numbers of a single 400 based on the 106 number.

I had four different engines in my SR 24, 420 HP went 68MPH....570 HP ran 85 MPH.....700HP ran 95 MPH and with almost 900 HP it ran about 114 MPH.

socalrzr

Reaction score
There is an HTM that Maxed Out Marine has for sale that is super nice. My friend was good buddies with the guy that had it built. Said it was built to be the fastest open bow cat at that time. Don't know if that goal was reached but he said he personally drove it around the 140mph mark. Said it handles great at speed. That being said I have never been in one but would love to see some new big horse power boats on the water. Best of luck to the girls and their new business adventure.

instagator

Reaction score
Those numbers seem kinda low?
The boat i had was in hot boat magazine, they took the stock 454 with fuel injection and ran it on a radar gun, Bob teague driving it at castaic, then they tested
with a pro charger and it gained 20 MPH,

E4L

Reaction score
We had a HTM at our shop sold it to a guy back east. I think he's still on here. It had big power. I personally have always liked the lines of this boat. They had them at the boat show at the cow palace back in the day and I wanted one for awhile. Best of luck getting back in the business glad to see HTM back. In fact on my red eagle I stole the graphics off a HTM.

E4L

Reaction score
I want to say it was this boat IMG_8447.jpg

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Those numbers seem kinda low?

Cool to see a comeback hope it goes well for them.

Ive seen both low and high test numbers out of this Cat.

Its really hard to determine just what power is in them by their past magazine tests.

Example-

Hot Boat has one at 90.9 on radar with " 650shp" in 1/00

Hot boat has another at 102.9 @ 6200RPM on radar with "600SHP" in 9/01

UD

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
RiverKing, here's a few clips I stumbled upon today. I'm pretty sure I have more and will add them when and if i find 'em.

[video=youtube;U2yix86el0I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2yix86el0I&feature=youtu.be[/video]

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
So I just watched the video. This maybe a stupid question but why did they race these hulls? :headscratch: Not a knock on HTM by any means but I just don't get it, it's like putting a Winnebago out on the track against a Ferrari. Maybe someone can explain.

I mean this looks really fair...:rolleyes :lmao

Screen Shot 2017-08-30 at 3.41.31 PM.png

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
RiverKing, here's a few clips I stumbled upon today. I'm pretty sure I have more and will add them when and if i find 'em.

Igottasay, I always thought it was cool seeing pictures of these guys racing HTMs.

Got to hand it to Steve and HTM, they put themselves on the map.

Brian

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So I just watched the video. This maybe a stupid question but why did they race these hulls? :headscratch: Not a knock on HTM by any means but I just don't get it, it's like putting a Winnebago out on the track against a Ferrari. Maybe someone can explain.

View attachment 583841

Honestly I thought it was one of the cooler things I had seen in Drag Boat Racing.. The majority of the boats in that sport are just pure bred race boats. When they brought the big HTM's in, it kinda takes it back to real deal "factory racing." Kind like when they used to race "Stock Cars" on the beaches.. Now Nascar is anything but. With the HTM's you'd see them on the track, and then you'd see the same boats on the lake.

Race on Sunday Sell on Monday type stuff.

RD

Bigbore500r

Reaction score

View attachment 583841

Those hulls laid down some really impressive times for what they were. Same reason any red blooded american mashes the pedal in their car - to see what it will do.

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score

View attachment 583841

Greg, that HTM isn't lined up next to a hydro. There are boats on each side lined up. Most likely there's another HTM in the foreground that is gonna end up lined up with the other HTM.

Either way, I was a teenager when HTM was running boats at firebird at the IHBA world finals. And growing up, all I ever wanted was an HTM. I really don't know why other than their presence at firebird must have made an impression on me?

Even though I remember them looking slow, it was impressive to see a few big boats out there making passes. Kinda like a door slammer class.

cicchetti_24

Reaction score

[video=youtube;U2yix86el0I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2yix86el0I&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Always love seeing videos of my boat

cicchetti_24

Reaction score

Shoot me an email with any videos you have! [email protected]

Sharece is coming to come to my house in the next 2 weeks and do a wrap on my bar (her dad built the bar) of my boat with him racing it. It will have his autograph and the record Speed number printed on it. I'm also having a Neon light made for HTM racing to hang above it. It's going to be pretty cool. We talked about bringing it out to the after parties during the regattas and events next year. I washed my hands clean of this season because of the events earlier in the year with my company. But I've been working 12-14 hour days to get my new company where we want to go. So next year should be a fun exciting year, and I'm glad I've been apart of this deal. I will get pictures of the bar once it's complete, but it's going to be kick ass!

Denco HTM

Reaction score
Well I felt compelled to post since I recently phurchased a 2001 SS. It has a 800 hp Dart for power. I have to comment on what a "Drivers boat" means to me, I had heard that term prior to buying one. Let me start with my last tho not my only boat experience was a 271 Formula with 650hp.

IMO That boat can be classified and prolly many others as a Drivers Boat. My Formula was maybe approaching its intended hull speed as equipped, it was nose heavy and you had to be cautious or you could knock your passengers onto the floor At any lake with wake board boats. Also having to run the k planes and trim constantly getting it planed out from a stop or angle change was a full time job.

That was far from a high performance Cat or Tunnel but did require some decent skills to operate safely. With that said onto the 3 weeks I just spent at Lake Berryessa with my new HTM. I only had the boat out once on Folsom for an hour or so so this 3 week trip was the Lets Learn how to run this boat!

Without too much useless info the boat was very easy to drive with only trim and throttle, so for me it was a nice change from all the busy work with the Formula. I gradually went from super careful to super comfortable over the 3 weeks. I ran that boat to 110 a dozen times and ran it in the 60s to 90s over various water conditions.

It does pull around a little when the hull is not filled with air, everyone I know with other brands say that's the way a cat is, even my 19 Daytona felt that way when I'd let off from high speed or going slow. I did learn to keep it trimmed up while shutting down which greatly increased the stability and attitude. Very little sponson tracking (if you will).

Cruising slow under 40 it does wander a bit and you just get use to it, again normal from Ive read as well as friends with Cats say.

Everything I threw at the boat it never felt unsafe, with one exception and it did not feel unsafe but did get my attention was hitting rollers and feeling one sponson then the other react to the roller. That was a weird felling compared a V bottom. My 19 rocked a little over rollers but the HTM is taller and a much bigger boat so the reaction would be greater. I'm not sure I'd run it as hard as my Formula over 2 and 3 foot cross chop but nor would I many boats I've owned, the formula is a different animal made to handle that stuff.

All in all both my wife and I love the boat with all the room under the deck and the stability at high speed was amazing. Very easy to operate, but any boat traveling at the speeds you should be on your game.. Turning is very different than a V boat, it was similar to my Daytona and torwards the end of my trip, I started learning how to make it turn quick and fairly flat with throttle manipulation.

Would I buy the boat again? Yes in a heart beat, it a huge Hot Rod that wants to get up and go, it's one quick 24 foot boat at the hole shot to 110.. The whole squirmy and drivers boat thing is no different than my 1965 hot rod car. It's no Caddy and it not computer controlled, it's 750 hp and yes ITS a DRIVERS CAR, does that make it a dangerous pile? NOT IMO but does make it fun!! Denis.

Wicky

Mr. Potatohead
Reaction score
The gas tanks in new boats these day must be signed off by a division of the EPA. I forgot the exact name.

Here's an example that I am currently going through:
You take your boat to IMCO. Then, IMCO has to draw an exact layout/plan of what the new tank will be. They send in the drawing to the EPA agency to get approved. You need charcoal filters, multiple breathers and a few other bullshit items. Once the drawing is sent back to IMCO, then they can built the new gas tank.

From what I heard, if a boat MFG doesn't install approved tanks, it can be a $135K fine against them. If it is just a person that gets caught without an approved tank in a newer boat, then they can get a $35K fine throw at them.

This hasn't been around very long, so not many 100% know all the details, but that's the word I heard.

I think Trump took care of this...

Wicky

Mr. Potatohead
Reaction score
I'd guess it to be right in there, maybe even a little faster. But 106 with twin 225's seems really really fast. Not saying it didn't happen, just saying I wouldn't guesstimate speed numbers of a single 400 based on the 106 number.
I can totally see that number with two 225s. Pull the limiters on the motors and you have a motor that will spin to 8k. Don't pull the limiters and those will spin 6800 bumping the limiter.

1.75 gears

32 pitch

6800 rpm

10% slip

106 mph

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I can totally see that number with two 225s. Pull the limiters on the motors and you have a motor that will spin to 8k. Don't pull the limiters and those will spin 6800 bumping the limiter.

1.75 gears

32 pitch

6800 rpm

10% slip

106 mph

On a 24' big boat like that?

BDMar

B & D Marine
Reaction score
On a 24' big boat like that?

The HTM is a very light boat for it's size and has a lot of compression in the tunnel. I can see it easily running sub 10% slip numbers over 100 mph. My big pig at 4500 and up is about 9%.

MrsVP

Reaction score
I know that this is an old post, but does anyone have any information on if they have been building boats with these molds? I'd like to give them a call, and get one started, google isn't helping me find a phone number.

Thanks!

comfortably numb

Reaction score
I know that this is an old post, but does anyone have any information on if they have been building boats with these molds? I'd like to give them a call, and get one started, google isn't helping me find a phone number.

Thanks!
Face book has the owners group page. HTM family and freinds I believe

comfortably numb

Reaction score

Thanks!
The 27' deck looks killer with the right power

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I haven’t been following but have they actually sold any?

Reactions: DWC

MrsVP

Reaction score
I haven’t been following but have they actually sold any?
I can tell you that it's really hard to find any information if they have! I'd be willing to be #1 if I can get a hold of someone to build it :D

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
I have a personal contact number, so I will pass that along.

I can tell you that it's really hard to find any information if they have! I'd be willing to be #1 if I can get a hold of someone to build it :D

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Checking to see what I can come up with for you.

MissHTM

Reaction score
Checking to see what I can come up with for you.

This is Sharece with HTM, please feel free

View attachment 583841

Hello, My dad thought it would be cool to start a new class/size at the drags. Just for the love of racing. We actually ran some pretty solid numbers, I was little at the time but i believe it was 1/4 mile, in the 9's sec range and about 120. If you had a boat company wouldn't you? :)

4Waters

Reaction score

Hello, My dad thought it would be cool to start a new class/size at the drags. Just for the love of racing. We actually ran some pretty solid numbers, I was little at the time but i believe it was 1/4 mile, in the 9's sec range and about 120. If you had a boat company wouldn't you? :)
Please don't form your opinion on this forum with Grads.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Oh hell yes I would, yes Maam. :)

I ALWAYS admired the fact that he drag raced what he built, and ran solid numbers to boot.

Brian

comfortably numb

Reaction score

Best to just read Grads shit for the first three years. Than ignore him between his getting banded