WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Extreme Trailer Bow Ladder for Hallett 270

shunter2005

Reaction score
I have started working on my trailer winter projects, as I have several to do this year. One of the projects is having a front bow ladder fabricated and mounted on it. If I lived out west I would just have Adrenaline do it, but unfortunately I don't. So, if you have a Hallett 270 sitting on an Extreme trailer with a front ladder I would really appreciate some information from you about it, like some pictures and measurements, etc. I have several pictures of other boat trailers with ladders that I am using for reference, but it would a big help to see some for a 270.
Thanks in advance and I would appreciate any info.

NicPaus

Reaction score
You will like the bow ladders .So easy to get in the boat

Loading the Cobra would be a bitch without it. Mine is remove able which makes it have a little play is my only dislike. Thought about welding it.

shunter2005

Reaction score
Loading the Cobra would be a bitch without it. Mine is remove able which makes it have a little play is my only dislike. Thought about welding it.

Yes, mine is too. I load and unload mine by myself. Wife handles the lines when I float it off and on, but isn't comfortable backing the trailer down, but I am working on her.

I really wanted to make one out of aluminum, but decided (so far) to go with steel. I want to be able to remove it also. Thought about drilling a 1/2" or 5/8" hole and just putting a locking hitch pin through it.

HavaToon

Reaction score
Yes, mine is too. I load and unload mine by myself. Wife handles the lines when I float it off and on, but isn't comfortable backing the trailer down, but I am working on her.

I really wanted to make one out of aluminum, but decided (so far) to go with steel. I want to be able to remove it also. Thought about drilling a 1/2" or 5/8" hole and just putting a locking hitch pin through it.

Weld a nut by the 5/8 hole so you can use a bolt to tighten up the slop and it won't rattle

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
Weld a nut by the 5/8 hole so you can use a bolt to tighten up the slop and it won't rattle

That how it is on my trailer set up .Has a 1/2 set screw .I never removed it
Also is nice to have a rubber stop bolted on the ladder for the boat stop against .

1rvrryd

Reaction score
We welded steps on the bow stand of our 240 Hallett. Kind hard to make them both out here, but one step is on the left, the other on the right about 10" higher. Basically alternating ladder rungs. Had to alternate due to the winch handle on one side, and the tongue jack on the other.
ad27fc3a1027916c420285c36d7f5781.jpg

shunter2005

Reaction score
We welded steps on the bow stand of our 240 Hallett. Kind hard to make them both out here, but one step is on the left, the other on the right about 10" higher. Basically alternating ladder rungs. Had to alternate due to the winch handle on one side, and the tongue jack on the other.
ad27fc3a1027916c420285c36d7f5781.jpg

Thanks. I saw another boat, I think it was a big CC boat, with the steps welded onto the winch stand. I just didn't know how well it would work.

1rvrryd

Reaction score
Thanks. I saw another boat, I think it was a big CC boat, with the steps welded onto the winch stand. I just didn't know how well it would work.

For us, it works great, but our bow stand is at more of an angle forward than others. I mentioned this to a friend who bought a 240 Hallett, however their bow stand is more vertical, underneath the bow and a tad shorter- so for them, it wasn't an option. It'll depend on the trailer and who is climbing. Just trying to help. :)

shunter2005

Reaction score
For us, it works great, but our bow stand is at more of an angle forward than others. I mentioned this to a friend who bought a 240 Hallett, however their bow stand is more vertical, underneath the bow and a tad shorter- so for them, it wasn't an option. It'll depend on the trailer and who is climbing. Just trying to help. :)

Thank you. I appreciate it. I will certainly keep it in mind.

shunter2005

Reaction score
Thanks to those who made some suggestions for this little project. Second, I really don't know how this is going to turn out in the end, but I am liking it right now. Wasn't really sure about the ladder till today. Still needs some massaging around the welds to make it prettier, but with that done and paint or powdercoat, I think it will turn out ok. Just shot some primer on the mounting post, just till I can get it Austin to get the entire trailer repainted. Probably won't be as nice as one made by Adrenaline or Extreme, but it's going to have to do... LADDER MOCK UP 1.jpg LADDER MOCK UP 2.jpg LADDER MOCK UP 3.jpg LADDER MOUNT 2.jpg LADDER MOUNT.jpg

Decided to make up a box for the new Hydrastar EOH, to mount the 7 pin connector from the vehicle, 7 pin adapter from the trailer, the controller adapter module (fooler for the EOH) and any excess wiring that I may have. It is almost complete. Just have to mount the cam module, figure out where to cut the wiring harness openings in the doors and then figure out a way to secure the doors, so they can be opened if necessary. I was thinking about threaded ball studs mounted on the doors and a rubber bungee cord to hold the doors closed, but it may be a little cheesy looking. I am open to any ideas if anyone has a good idea. MOCK UP BOX 1.jpg MOCK UP BOX 2.jpg MOCK UP BOX VEHICLE SIDE.jpg MOCK UP BOX TRAILER SIDE.jpg MOCK UP BOX TRAILER SIDE 2.jpg MOCK UP BOX DOORS 2.jpg MOCK UP BOX DOORS.jpg