WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Cruz....POS

outboardrick

Reaction score
So Cruz puts his car in the dirt and the first thing he does is blame his crew chief......Fucking POS!

outboardrick

Reaction score
Probably should clarify.... Cruz Pedregon, Funny Car racer, drove his car into the dirt due to failed shutes. First thing he does is blame his crew chief who is one of the best. Again, Fucking Piece Of Shit.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Damn, I thought this was a Ted Cruz thread and I was like thank god...another political thread in the Lounge.:thumbsup

New to boating

Reaction score
So Cruz puts his car in the dirt and the first thing he does is blame his crew chief......Fucking POS!

Not a big Cruz fan and its easy to find reasons to dislike him, but tough to get on this particular band wagon. He brought on Aaron Brooks with great expectations and the results have been really bad. Aaron Brooks is a top notch tuner in the Top Fuel Dragster category, he has had "moments of brilliance" tuning a Funny Car but has never had a tune up that was universally feared every lap (like Prock,) in Fuel Funny car.

When the deal with Brooks was first announced and Cruz did an interview about it he said "Aaron is a top 5 crew chief" and he was right, he is but he is a top five crew chief IN A FUEL DRAGSTER not a Fuel Funny Car and he proved that when he was working for the Lucas family and tuning 2 fuel dragsters that were KILLERS at any given track on any given lap.

The tune ups (Funny Car vs. Dragster) are almost completely different because of weight transfer - not the making Power component , Brooks can make as much power as any of them, but getting the car stuck and keeping it stuck all the way down the track is what he has not figured out yet in a Funny Car and the last time he tuned a Funny Car he never got it figured out completely.

They put the 5 disc clutch back in for this race which is CODE for "I need a bigger more forgiving tuning window" - need to get the car down the track, not looking to set low ET and they have more data on the 5 disc than the 6 disc.

And it is widely known that Cruz is and likely always will be an active part of the tune up decisions although I suspect that as a part of the Brooks deal he agreed to stay out of it, but I also suspect that it is simply not possible for him to do that. its in his DNA.

The incident in qualifying yesterday and what he said really was a culmination of a lot of things, not just the chutes not deploying and while it is "possible" for this to be caused by the way the Driver (if he even packed them) packed the chutes 99% of the time its a crew person's fault and there are many reasons why this can happen.

I do think that if the car had been performing well all year and a top 5 car all year he would have behaved in a different manner yesterday but, as Johnny Gray said a few years ago in a top end interview "Cruz is a JERK and everybody out here knows it"...

And Tony, his Brother is not far behind........

Lee Beard, Rahn Tobler, Wayne Dupuy, Ron Douglas, all came, and left Pedregon Racing..... and some of them quite in the middle of an event, could not even make it to Sunday night......I would be shocked if Brooks is there next year.

I have no idea why Snap On stays with him unless they are getting "A LOT of exposure for A LITTLE" money.

nowski

Reaction score
It's just the new way of life, never take responsibility and always blame someone else. This statement was taken out of context and it doesn't mean what it says...

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
Not a big Cruz fan and its easy to find reasons to dislike him, but tough to get on this particular band wagon. He brought on Aaron Brooks with great expectations and the results have been really bad. Aaron Brooks is a top notch tuner in the Top Fuel Dragster category, he has had "moments of brilliance" tuning a Funny Car but has never had a tune up that was universally feared every lap (like Prock,) in Fuel Funny car.

When the deal with Brooks was first announced and Cruz did an interview about it he said "Aaron is a top 5 crew chief" and he was right, he is but he is a top five crew chief IN A FUEL DRAGSTER not a Fuel Funny Car and he proved that when he was working for the Lucas family and tuning 2 fuel dragsters that were KILLERS at any given track on any given lap.

The tune ups (Funny Car vs. Dragster) are almost completely different because of weight transfer - not the making Power component , Brooks can make as much power as any of them, but getting the car stuck and keeping it stuck all the way down the track is what he has not figured out yet in a Funny Car and the last time he tuned a Funny Car he never got it figured out completely.

They put the 5 disc clutch back in for this race which is CODE for "I need a bigger more forgiving tuning window" - need to get the car down the track, not looking to set low ET and they have more data on the 5 disc than the 6 disc.

And it is widely known that Cruz is and likely always will be an active part of the tune up decisions although I suspect that as a part of the Brooks deal he agreed to stay out of it, but I also suspect that it is simply not possible for him to do that. its in his DNA.

The incident in qualifying yesterday and what he said really was a culmination of a lot of things, not just the chutes not deploying and while it is "possible" for this to be caused by the way the Driver (if he even packed them) packed the chutes 99% of the time its a crew person's fault and there are many reasons why this can happen.

I do think that if the car had been performing well all year and a top 5 car all year he would have behaved in a different manner yesterday but, as Johnny Gray said a few years ago in a top end interview "Cruz is a JERK and everybody out here knows it"...

And Tony, his Brother is not far behind........

Lee Beard, Rahn Tobler, Wayne Dupuy, Ron Douglas, all came, and left Pedregon Racing..... and some of them quite in the middle of an event, could not even make it to Sunday night......I would be shocked if Brooks is there next year.

I have no idea why Snap On stays with him unless they are getting "A LOT of exposure for A LITTLE" money.

Appreciate your insight! [emoji106][emoji106]
I'm not a Cruz or Tony fan either, although I'm glad Cruz races so the class can have a full field.
Not to jack the thread but Hight set a track record in Q1 then followed up resetting it in Q2.

nowski

Reaction score
Hey Stainless, when I lived in So. Utah I used those Rapala's to knock em dead... Great Lures!!!

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
Hey Stainless, when I lived in So. Utah I used those Rapala's to knock em dead... Great Lures!!!

Yea man, when I was a kid in Fla that was my favorite lure. Had every Rapala then, you'd need to be millionaire today to own all of them. [emoji3]

boatnam2

Reaction score
Hate seeing only 15-16 cars but a pretty good piece espn did on how all the top teams are giving or selling the low budget teams parts for pennies on the dollar on their used stuff so guys can race and have a full field.

thmterry

Reaction score
I couldnt believe how he threw him under the bus like that especially before the race starts. Their relationship will be over soon.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Cruz is a POS, big time. He has fucked everyone he has ever done business with. He also has fucked (literally) every female employee he has ever had, married or not. Cruz has a cloud of bad karma following him around that will be hard to rectify. It's only a matter of time before he runs out of options and hangs up his helmet.

BTW, the interview yesterday was so pathetic, I called my wife in to see it and she had the same opinion as me. Total POS! You can even hear him dropping f-bombs before the interview started.

thmterry

Reaction score
Talk shit about your Crew Chief and you our out 1st round with a 4 second run. :finger

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I can't believe Brooks has stayed this long.