WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

House of Cards on Netflix, anyone else watch it?

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Starring Kevin Spacey and produced by David Fincher (Fight Club, Social Network, Girl with the Dragon Tattoo) One of the best shows I have ever seen, production quality on par or even surpassing that of any HBO series.

If you haven't seen it, and you are a netflix subscriber you should check it out.

[video=youtube;ULwUzF1q5w4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULwUzF1q5w4[/video]

FlatNv

Reaction score
My Brother was going on about it last night, looks pretty good, going to have to check it out.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Just started watching it a couple days ago....

Its great so far

Faceaz

Reaction score
Great Show :thumbsup. I think we're about 8 episodes in, still a few to go.

That Guy

Rack em'
Reaction score
Now one of my favorite shows....it is great! :thumbup:

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Fuck, I don't have time for another show..... I'm not even caught up on Breaking Bad and Walking Dead yet.

RUNNINHOTRACING163.1

Reaction score
Not yet but FLIGHT is pretty cool :thumbsup:thumbsup

ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

LIVIN THE DREAM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![smilie=trink39]

ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [smilie=crazy]

Wicky

Mr. Potatohead
Reaction score
STumbled across it last week and continued to watch the entire season in 3 nights. They spent 100 million on it and it was worth every penny. It will help their stock bigtime imo.

That Guy

Rack em'
Reaction score
STumbled across it last week and continued to watch the entire season in 3 nights. They spent 100 million on it and it was worth every penny. It will help their stock bigtime imo.

Did the same thing...watched all of them in about a week....hard to go to bed a couple of nights....:thumbsup

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Looks like Spacey is worse than Harvey Weinstein

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/30/theater/kevin-spacey-gay-anthony-rapp.html

Kevin Spacey, a two-time Oscar winner, apologized Sunday night for what he said “would have been deeply inappropriate drunken behavior” after the actor Anthony Rapp made an accusation about his sexual conduct with him 31 years ago, when Mr. Rapp was 14 years old.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Looks like Spacey is worse than Harvey Weinstein

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/30/theater/kevin-spacey-gay-anthony-rapp.html

Kevin Spacey, a two-time Oscar winner, apologized Sunday night for what he said ?would have been deeply inappropriate drunken behavior? after the actor Anthony Rapp made an accusation about his sexual conduct with him 31 years ago, when Mr. Rapp was 14 years old.

I fail to see how that is worse than systematically raping and harassing a bunch of women for decades. If you are saying because the kid was under aged, this was sexual harassment, not a forced sex act. Kevin Spacey diffused this situation pretty well, not that there is an excuse for it.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Wrong choice of words saying worse than Harvey. Both scum bags and have a feeling we are going to hear about more of this in behavious before it's over.

I fail to see how that is worse than systematically raping and harassing a bunch of women for decades. If you are saying because the kid was under aged, this was sexual harassment, not a forced sex act. Kevin Spacey diffused this situation pretty well, not that there is an excuse for it.

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
From 2005...
[video=youtube;wleDc2BVkPU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wleDc2BVkPU[/video]

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score

I dont know, guess it depends on your perspective.
Try to get a minor male to suck your dick, or
Bring adult fame whore to your room and watch you beat off and take a shower.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I dont know, guess it depends on your perspective.
Try to get a minor male to suck your dick, or
Bring adult fame whore to your room and watch you beat off and take a shower.

He was not accused of making a kid suck his dick, so your comparison isn't really accurate. See post #12.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Im just gonna go with the "deeply unappropriate behavior" with a minor.
As I said it depends on your perspective.
Maybe the kid was a twink trying to worm his way in. Maybe he's trying to cash in now.
Dont think either one are on this side of the line. And it's still deviante behavior.

Raffit78

Reaction score
little off topic, but seeing these shows, then hearing these accusations, do you care to watch the show still?

Like a pro player rapes/sexually assaults a girl, do you keep cheering him on? or the team? Like Kobe Bryant, Rothlesberger, well, basically kids in pro sports I guess. You get the gist.

sintax

Reaction score
little off topic, but seeing these shows, then hearing these accusations, do you care to watch the show still?

Like a pro player rapes/sexually assaults a girl, do you keep cheering him on? or the team? Like Kobe Bryant, Rothlesberger, well, basically kids in pro sports I guess. You get the gist.

It certainly changes the way I think about the person, but I think i can manage to look past for the show? I dont know. I am in Season 3 of this show, I'll have to see how it goes.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
This just in House of Cards Canceled!

There must be more to this than what is reported.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/house-cards-ending-sixth-final-season-at-netflix-1018551

'House of Cards' Ending With Sixth and Final Season at Netflix

The political drama marked the streamer's big push into original programming, heralding the unprecedented spend that followed.

Frank Underwood's Washington tenure is coming to an end. Netflix is currently in production on a sixth and final season of House of Cards, the landmark drama that signaled its aggressive push into original programming.

The final run of House of Cards, which stars Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright as ruthless and ambitious beltway couple, will debut its last 13 episodes in 2018. Executive producers Melissa James Gibson and Frank Pugliese, who replaced exiting creator Beau Willimon last year, are both expected to return as co-showrunners.

Official word on its conclusion, which has been in the works since the summer, comes at a problematic time for Spacey. The star and executive producer is embroiled in sexual assault scandal, with an actor alleging that Spacey made aggressive advances towards him when he was just 14. Spacey responded, in turn, by apologizing for "inappropriate drunken behavior" and coming out as gay. (Neither the apology nor the admission have been met with a positive response.)

House of Cards has been especially important to Netflix. An adaptation of a British series and Michael Dobbs novel of the same name, news that Spacey and director David Fincher were updating the project as a beltway drama for the U.S. sparked multiple bids from stateside programmers (including HBO) before finally going to Netflix with a straight-to-series order for two seasons at a price tag then estimated to be around $100 million. This was in 2011, before streaming had become a dominant player in original programming and when filmmakers such as Spacey and Fincher shifting from movies to television was still somewhat surprising. It premiered in 2013.

The show has seen critical affection wax and wane over the years, but it has remained the de facto flagship at an increasingly diversified Netflix. House of Cards is also a regular favorite at the Emmys, nabbing 46 nominations and 6 wins to date. (It also boasts a Peabody and two Golden Globes.)

Netflix has changed dramatically around House of Cards, upping its content spend to flabbergasting $6 billion annually with more than 30 current series. And while the payoff of its unprecedented gamble is still a work in progress, it has grown its subscriber base substantially ? recently topping 100 million worldwide users.

House of Cards' renewal also comes at a time of slightly shifting strategy at Netflix. The company only recently made canceling shows a regular practice, announcing relatively quick ends of pricey dramas The Get Down and Sense8 as well as one-off comedy Girlboss. Still, it's batting average remains much stronger than those of its traditional TV competitors. Without any public ratings barometer, recent launches Stranger Things, The Crown, 13 Reasons Why, Dear White People and GLOW have been deemed industry successes on cultural impact alone.

Executive produced by Spacey, Fincher, Wright, Dana Brunetti and quite a few other notables, House of Cards is made by Media Rights Capital and Trigger Street Productions.

This just in House of Cards Canceled!

There must be more to this than what is reported.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
...have a feeling we are going to hear about more of this in behavious before it's over.

The Hollywood roaches are scurrying as the accusations are flying and increasing every day.

This Weinstein shit now gives everyone a backbone to come forward with their accusations of wrongdoings. How many accusations will be false? Some will certainly be making shit up. And many won't tell the whole sordid truth (what female celeb wants to admit to getting on her knees to polish Harvey's Weinstein?).

I dislike celebrities and those who adore them. I'm enjoying this as the left eats the left bringing Hollywood down to a level where hopefully everyone will understand who these people are and what this industry really is.

Scumbags everywhere!

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
Hi little boy, do you know who I am?.....................:gayfight

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
Pedo Spacey is off to treatment and hopefully prison at some point.

Man Comes Forward to Describe an Alleged Extended Sexual Relationship He Had at Age 14 With Kevin Spacey That Ended With the Attempted Rape of the Child.

Lot's of pedos floating around Tardwood! :thumbsdown

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
The Hollywood roaches are scurrying as the accusations are flying and increasing every day.

This Weinstein shit now gives everyone a backbone to come forward with their accusations of wrongdoings. How many accusations will be false? Some will certainly be making shit up. And many won't tell the whole sordid truth (what female celeb wants to admit to getting on her knees to polish Harvey's Weinstein?).

I dislike celebrities and those who adore them. I'm enjoying this as the left eats the left bringing Hollywood down to a level where hopefully everyone will understand who these people are and what this industry really is.

Scumbags everywhere!

Yup. So many "fans" judge celebs on what they see on screen and never think about how they act or who they are in the real world behind the scenes......Reality shows what a phony world has been built around some some very fucked up people.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
No wonder Keven seemed to enjoy this scene. LOL Skip to the 1:45 mark.

[video=youtube;s7U0roMnD5s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7U0roMnD5s[/video]