WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New Lavey Craft 2750 MCOB Twin 300XS's

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Yes its moving along...

interior work has been done, but nobodies climbed inside to shoot anything.

Kind of like the 28 its at the stage where its hard to shoot whats happening

Ill update this weekend.

UD

You guys gonna be at the LA boat show?

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
You guys gonna be at the LA boat show?

No - Couple reasons

There is no ROI for Lavey at that show anymore.

We are building a stock 24 for inventory right now, but it won't be ready for the show.

We were considering the awesome 28 Evo thats almost done but cant give up a week at this stage as its schedule is compressed due to late delivery of core material.

We have 3 other builds going on that aren't on RDP <or anywhere> clients wishes , one of which was delivered yesterday.

UD

Last edited:

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
No - Couple reasons

We are building a stock 24 for inventory right now, but it won't be ready for the show.

We were considering the awesome 28 Evo thats almost done but cant give up a week at this stage as its schedule is compressed due to late delivery of core material.

We have 3 other builds going on that aren't on RDP (clients wishes) , one of which was delivered yesterday.

UD

Nothing wrong with being too busy to show off your work. Good for Lavey glad to hear your doing well.

Q4mtxUS

Reaction score
No - Couple reasons

We have 3 other builds going on that aren't on RDP <or anywhere> clients wishes , one of which was delivered yesterday.

UD

24 for inventory you say? Hmmm...is it a walk thru, crawl thru or closed bow? Got pics of it?

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
No - Couple reasons

UD
So, is there a snowball's chance in hell that the old Seabring molds would be dusted off and used again ever?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
So, is there a snowball's chance in hell that the old Seabring molds would be dusted off and used again ever?

We can still build them, if anyone wants to go there.

UD

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
I was at temecula speed and marine (pete's place) tuesday and saw this, is this your boat going for interior?
20180116_130427.jpg
20180116_130409.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
Raul does bitchin work, he is doing my bass boat right now

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

AZMIDLYF

Reaction score
Dash and motor well turned out awesome! What is the small Livorsi switch panel for to the right of the helm?

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
It controls the smart craft.

It combines what would otherwise be 2 separate controls on the dash.

You have 3 buttons- up/ down/select

The position switch - picks which engine you want to look at - Not sure if its a 2 or 3 position switch

UD

Last edited:

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
"Pretty sure" that the Merc engines also output NMEA 2000 which will also the garmin to also act as a secondary engine monitoring system. So the customer has the gauges with their LCD's and the main display to work with.

UD

lavey jr

Reaction score
The boat is coming along very nice!
Here are a couple recent pics that were sent to me. Both engines are fully mounted along with the tabs. The rear compartment flooring has started. Can barely see it in the pics but the dash is installed... Next up in line should be under deck carpet, wiring, stereo, install interior...

IMG_4462.JPG
IMG_4463.JPG
IMG_4488.JPG
IMG_4489.JPG
IMG_4487.JPG

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Looking good. Any other side pics? Just want a better view of the windshield.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Boat was 95% done Thursday but I didn't take any more picts - we should see some picts of it on the water in a few days.

Im out of town all week at a trade show and will miss its maiden trip ( Grrrrr!) but when I get picts from Chris Ill put them up that night.

UD

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Excited to hear how this runs. Great work and cant wait to see pics of the finished product. Would be cool to see a complete walk through in pics or video.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
I created an instagram account just to take a look. BAD ASS! You guys knocked it out of the park. PM Sent Dave.

hallett21

Reaction score
Beautiful boat. Any number yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Beautiful boat. Any number yet?

No still playing with wheels, tabs and height.

guessing well end up around 85 with prop set that works loaded up.

My 710 boat does about that in the summer with a moderate load.

UD

hallett21

Reaction score
No still playing with wheels, tabs and height.

guessing well end up around 85 with prop set that works loaded up.

My 710 boat does about that in the summer with a moderate load.

UD

Got a price point for this. Pm me if needed

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
There is so much that was done one this boat that had to be created the first time and the finish is so fresh were still tallying up hours to do certain stuff and the first times always the hardest. Will send info when I have some harder data.

Other stuff you haven't seen picts of yet is that the whole front area is fibreglass - pretty much a "lined" MCOB.

Im out of town and will be back On Sat for another test. will snap some picts

UD

Gelcoater

Reaction score
We need more pics!
UD?
Jr?
Any numbers to share?
Speed?
Price$$?
Fuel consumption? ;)

lavey jr

Reaction score
We need more pics!
UD?
Jr?
Any numbers to share?
Speed?
Price$$?
Fuel consumption? ;)

The only numbers I have so far is low 80's with stock out of the box 26 pitch Bravo1 FS... Since then they have brought the engines up 1" and are waiting for a couple different sets of test props. Chris will be doing more testing the next couple days. The setup plan for this boat is to get mid 80's and still maintain all low/mid range acceleration and performance. As for fuel consumption, the only "data" I've received is that it sips the fuel haha I'll try and remind Chris to check the Garmin for the accurate number on that. I really don't know the answer for price, UD would have more knowledge on that.

hallett21

Reaction score
Very impressed with initial performance. Be great if it could be an 75-80mph boat all day long with people and gear

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
I don’t even like outboards but this is a really nice boat. Great job guys!

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Great job! What a beautiful boat. I’d be taking it Catalina.

That’s my thought exactly. This is the perfect river/ocean runner that doesn’t sacrifice anything. So many times when your looking at a boat that can handle the river and the ocean there is always something that you need to sacrifice. This doesn’t appear to have a weakness just a great overall ride. Even if 85 wasn’t fast enough you can always go the 400r route. Good fuel burn, reliable, fast, family friendly, ski able and f-ing gorgeous. This may be the west coasts answer to the center console.

I would build a Mcob and closed bow to display/demo at the Miami boat show next year. My bet is that you wouldn’t need to trailer them home.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Damn that thing looks incredible on the water!!!

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
IMG_5993.jpg
Very impressed with initial performance. Be great if it could be an 75-80mph boat all day long with people and gear

From what i experienced today - its comfortably in this range.

Bob Teague helped Chris get it set up right so big shout out to him.

We're in the middle setting of the clients jack plate range- everything works bitchin.

We had 5 people on the boat today + some stuff, and 50 gallons of gas.

This isn't my expensive toy so I'm not going to hold it wide open for long.
I hit 82 pretty easy with this load, and a very conservative trim, on a dead flat water day - not even a ripple.

Your grandma could drive thing setup like this, Its a total sweetheart.
One hand on the wheel from plane to top speed, it doesn't even require much trim.
Just mash it and point - trim it up a bit as you rocket past 40 -50 -60 2 strokes howling like banshees.

On the other side of the equation - It will hold plane down to 18-19MPH and when tabbed down for that looks almost wake-boardable.

Boats an absolute gem, owners gonna need plastic surgery to get the smile off his face.

Here are some still ripped from vids, Ill get some shaky crappy phone video up in a bit - but its awesome.

Makes me rethink the single engine big block I own today.

UD

Screen Shot 2018-04-14 at 5.37.43 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-04-14 at 5.44.47 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-04-14 at 5.45.01 PM.png

Last edited:

RCDave

Reaction score
View attachment 635133

From what i experienced today - its comfortably in this range.

Bob Teague helped Chris get it set up right so big shout out to him.

We're in the middle setting of the clients jack plate range- everything works bitchin.

We had 5 people on the boat today + some stuff, and 50 gallons of gas.

This isn't my expensive toy so I'm not going to hold it wide open for long.
I hit 82 pretty easy with this load, and a very conservative trim, on a dead flat water day - not even a ripple.

Your grandma could drive thing setup like this, Its a total sweetheart.
One hand on the wheel from plane to top speed, it doesn't even require much trim.
Just mash it and point - trim it up a bit as you rocket past 40 -50 -60 2 strokes howling like banshees.

On the other side of the equation - It will hold plane down to 18-19MPH and when tabbed down for that looks almost wake-boardable.

Boats an absolute gem, owners gonna need plastic surgery to get the smile off his face.

Here are some still ripped from vids, Ill get some shaky crappy phone video up in a bit - but its awesome.

Makes me rethink the single engine big block I own today.

UD

View attachment 635116 View attachment 635117 View attachment 635118

300xs's are nice engines, huh? Great mpg too

lavey jr

Reaction score
Doing a little bit of prop slip calculations... I had to recheck this about 10 times on two different websites to make sure because it sounded outrageous!

On the original very first run with this boat it was getting 1% slip!!
I don't think I have ever heard of that slip number EVER on a twin step Vee bottom, or even any boat for that matter!

Screen Shot 2018-04-14 at 3.32.24 PM.png

Then on today's run with the engines brought up 1" it is still getting 6% which is still very good in my opinion for a 4500ish pound twin step Vee bottom boat! I see the slip numbers going down even more once dialed in.

Screen Shot 2018-04-14 at 3.35.11 PM.png

Gelcoater

Reaction score
What kinda stuff they got to soup up the 300s?
Love me some two stroke noise and smell:cool: