WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Nordic 29 deck boat Twin 400s

Nordic Boats

Reaction score
Just in case you guys haven't seen our twin outboard set up
IMG_0407.jpg IMG_0409.jpg IMG_0411.jpg IMG_0412.jpg IMG_0413.jpg IMG_0414.jpg IMG_0415.jpg

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
Gorgeous boat!!! What is a realistic cruise speed with 8-10 people, fuel, gear, etc? I'm not in the market for one but enjoy learning the capabilities of other boats. I would have to paint the boxes the motors are mounted to the same dark color as the other graphics.

DWC

Reaction score
It?s ok if you like fast, quiet family boats with a bunch of extra storage. 👍. The picture of B.B and Mayhem?s 28SS at the Springs is drool worthy.

Nordic Boats

Reaction score
Gorgeous boat!!! What is a realistic cruise speed with 8-10 people, fuel, gear, etc? I'm not in the market for one but enjoy learning the capabilities of other boats. I would have to paint the boxes the motors are mounted to the same dark color as the other graphics.

The 29 with this set up full of fuel, people, ice chest, will cruise comfortably at around 70 to 85 MPH no problem. We have painted the boxes per request. A customer had us paint the boxes the same electric blue that was on his boat, looked great.

IMG_0440.jpg

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
The 29 with this set up full of fuel, people, ice chest, will cruise comfortably at around 70 to 85 MPH no problem. We have painted the boxes per request. A customer had us paint the boxes the same electric blue that was on his boat, looked great.

View attachment 594746
Just curious, have you guys ever looked into using the joystick control for something like this? Gotta imagine it would increase maneuverability greatly and would eliminate the tie bar which would be nice on a deck boat.

Nordic Boats

Reaction score
Just curious, have you guys ever looked into using the joystick control for something like this? Gotta imagine it would increase maneuverability greatly and would eliminate the tie bar which would be nice on a deck boat.

No we haven't had anyone ask.

DWC

Reaction score
Why the 25-30% difference in top end between the 28SS and deck? Set-up and/or props, weight or aerodynamics? (All of the above)

rvrrun

Reaction score
I was just thinking about that and wondering if it was even possible on the 28ss. I am imagining the top speed of that boat over the deck would necessitate a tie bar?

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I was just thinking about that and wondering if it was even possible on the 28ss. I am imagining the top speed of that boat over the deck would necessitate a tie bar?
I habent been able to find anything about a speed limitation on the system. Im sure there is one if for no other reason than for Mercury to cover their ass in case of a failure. I gotta imagine there is a tolerance for toe and as long as the system keeps the motors within such, it should work fine.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

rvrrun

Reaction score
I habent been able to find anything about a speed limitation on the system. Im sure there is one if for no other reason than for Mercury to cover their ass in case of a failure. I gotta imagine there is a tolerance for toe and as long as the system keeps the motors within such, it should work fine.

It's good I roamed in here and saw this. I've been intrigued by the joystick since I saw it and now that my wife says the 28ss is our next boat was wondering if it would work. I've seen bigger, heavier boats with the system, but none that are running as fast. I know less about twin propulsion than I do about outboards, but am looking forward to the answers.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
It's good I roamed in here and saw this. I've been intrigued by the joystick since I saw it and now that my wife says the 28ss is our next boat was wondering if it would work. I've seen bigger, heavier boats with the system, but none that are running as fast. I know less about twin propulsion than I do about outboards, but am looking forward to the answers.
In one of Nordic's build threads i asked if it has been done or why it couldnt be done on a deck and how great i think it would be in that application. They resp9nded and said nobody has ever wanted it. I think it would definitely be worth the conversation with them.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Looking at this got me looking at Google images of the 28ss i wish i played the lotto so i could say when i win I’d build a 28ss with the 860

F14

Reaction score
Looking at this got me looking at Google images of the 28ss i wish i played the lotto so i could say when i win I’d build a 28ss with the 860

why would you want it to be slower than a twin outboard?

Nastybug

Reaction score

I think why nobody puts the joystick on a set up like this is because it may become unsafe. Traveling at high speeds you need to make sure the motors stay in line and the tie bar does this. with the joystick the motors are wagging all over in different directions before they snap back to normal and they may end up a bit off or not but with the tie bar I know my motors are perfectly aligned. I have to admit Ive used the joystick on a twin merc outboard setup and its awesome. I did ask about it too and was told no. ha. Nobody in their right mind would do that to a rig that runs above certain speeds. That was at Merc Racing when I was getting my boat dialed in for props.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
How about a tie-bar disconnect that could be activated around the dock?

Someone should invent that [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score
How about a tie-bar disconnect that could be activated around the dock?

Someone should invent that [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Like a light saber tie bar?? I think you’re on to something!!

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I think why nobody puts the joystick on a set up like this is because it may become unsafe. Traveling at high speeds you need to make sure the motors stay in line and the tie bar does this. with the joystick the motors are wagging all over in different directions before they snap back to normal and they may end up a bit off or not but with the tie bar I know my motors are perfectly aligned. I have to admit Ive used the joystick on a twin merc outboard setup and its awesome. I did ask about it too and was told no. ha. Nobody in their right mind would do that to a rig that runs above certain speeds. That was at Merc Racing when I was getting my boat dialed in for props.
If the motors really are moving around that much when the joystick isn't being used, sounds like the programming is a little off since it's electronic steering and there is zero play in the actual engine pivot.
Like a light saber tie bar?? I think you’re on to something!!
I think he means something more along the lines of a system like the electonicappy disconnectable sway bar on Jeeps. Have the tie bar on the tiller side of the engines so there could be a support or something for it when disconnected.