WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Logo’s on seat faded

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Has anyone ever attempted to use a fabric pen on their embroidered logo’s on their seats?
Mine are black and blue on a very light gray/white vinyl and thinking to go to Joann’s and buying a pen of each color and going at it. Any such experience in the negative before i go and do this?

Attachments

• iOS Image - 215092065.jpg
    iOS Image - 215092065.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 373

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Well no comments at all from this peanut gallery, so i just ordered a bright blue as well a matte black Fabricolor fabric dye/paint pens so they should be here after a little wait. Then i will probably just do all 5 logos at once and the one part I’ve read is to let the ink fully dry and then iron the logo on a low heat twice within about 20 hours.

Will update when i do it, and hope it doesn’t end up bleeding

cutler6

Reaction score
Well no comments at all from this peanut gallery, so i just ordered a bright blue as well a matte black Fabricolor fabric dye/paint pens so they should be here after a little wait. Then i will probably just do all 5 logos at once and the one part I’ve read is to let the ink fully dry and then iron the logo on a low heat twice within about 20 hours.

Will update when i do it, and hope it doesn’t end up bleeding
Any update if that maker worked?
My embroidery faded from deep red to a pink on my headrests. I'd love to hear the results and what products you used.
Thanks!

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
My embroidery faded from deep red to a pink on my headrests. I'd love to hear the results and what products you used.
Thanks!
I will take pics when I get the boat home. I did two of i believe 9 of the logos and was actually very impressed with the results. The marker as well I’ll have to get a pic of it was from Germany or something like that. Read lots of reviews and it was the best from all those.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Decided to do another today, only 5 to go lol waiting on the iron to heat up to set it
Before: can see i thought to take pic two seconds after starting
539A3E0E-9100-4C85-915A-DE5814138849.jpeg

After:
FFFA09A1-F76A-4562-AD33-206B64466C24.jpeg

LazyLavey

Reaction score
"Fabricolor"

looks like something my granddaughter plays with...

thanks for the tip!

anxious to see how durable it is!

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
"Fabricolor"

looks like something my granddaughter plays with...

thanks for the tip!

anxious to see how durable it is!

I followed the directions to a T and at 20$ a pen (I’m out now with two to go) I’d say they should be super durable.
You color the embroidery then let sit for 20 minutes then use soap and water to clean it, let it dry then iron it.

When i ironed it there was some stupid F#€king red something on the iron and it transferred onto the vinyl, i used XTreme vinyl cleaner, some non toxic degreaser, as well magic eraser and got 90% of the red off but it didn’t even slightly affect the logo. So i feel this stuff will work out perfectly.

Mike K

Reaction score
I have the same issue ... my logo's are orange ... after you add the pen color why do you have to wash it? What are you washing? How do you iron the logo without burning the nearby vinyl? Thanks for posting this.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
I have the same issue ... my logo's are orange ... after you add the pen color why do you have to wash it? ~~You have to wash the vinyl and to wash the vinyl you will also wash the embroidery some, so if your going to wash just the edges i figured wash whole thing to keep it consistent. ~~ What are you washing?
How do you iron the logo without burning the nearby vinyl? ~~ that was the hard part and where i screwed myself badly. I even tried on a second piece to iron it with a rag over it, and that didn’t work worth a crap. ~~ Thanks for posting this.

Answered in your comments. I tried to follow the directions to a T and still was a pita however I’d say in the end they turned out looking like 3-4 year faded instead of 11 year faded embroidered logos.

rrrr

Reaction score
Thanks!

Send a PM to 460, he has a matching steering wheel that'll look boss with the pink embroidery.

Bedrock

Reaction score
Anyone else tried this? My logos are pretty faded. I found this from Sharpie on Amazon.

1606060007702.jpeg

1606060117650.jpeg

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Anyone else tried this? My logos are pretty faded. I found this from Sharpie on Amazon.

View attachment 945064
View attachment 945065
Test it on something nonchalant first. But when i sold that boat it still looked 10x’s better than before i did the logos. Sharpie is definitely a good brand so you should be ok. Do a small small spot then let dry fully. Then go back with a lot of water and see if it runs, the ones i used did not and that was my only fear.