WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

1988 Cole 20ft Supersport

Agent86

Reaction score
Just starting the restoration of a 1988 Cole 20ft Supersport.

1988 Cole Supersport 20ft (1).jpg
1988 Cole Supersport 20ft (2).jpg
1988 Cole Supersport 20ft (3).jpg
1988 Cole Supersport 20ft (4).jpg
1988 Cole Supersport 20ft (5).jpg
1988 Cole Supersport 20ft (6).jpg
1988 Cole Supersport 20ft (7).jpg
1988 Cole Supersport 20ft (8).jpg
1988 Cole Supersport 20ft (9).jpg

Dalton

Reaction score
whats the story on it? just pick it up? been sitting a while?

bagged97taco

Reaction score
Curious why the two gauges would be put on top of the dash? Are you re gelling the boat. Or gonna try to save it. Can't wait for more progress.

Mcob25rg

Reaction score
Had a 1991 open bow - FANTASTIC hull - didn't know how much boat i had till it was gone. Between the storied past of the builder, and how great it handled for it's size, it was awesome. The construction was over the top - at 25 years old, it looked better than most hulls 2 years old!!!! This is definitely worth the restoration

Agent86

Reaction score
whats the story on it? just pick it up? been sitting a while?

Thanks for asking. I have had it since 2012. It has been sitting in the garage waiting for a restoration. It was stored for many years prior. I would guess it has been off the water since the early to mid 90s

Agent86

Reaction score
Curious why the two gauges would be put on top of the dash? Are you re gelling the boat. Or gonna try to save it. Can't wait for more progress.

I think the gauges are on the top because of the lack of space. There is a short wind screen that came on the boat. The gauges sit right behind the wind screen. Not sure on the gelcoat. I am not a huge fan of the color selection but I am thinking it might be nice to keep the classic Cole graphics. I figure I might get some good ideas here. I don't have anyone for the gelcoat, yet.

Agent86

Reaction score
Had a 1991 open bow - FANTASTIC hull - didn't know how much boat i had till it was gone. Between the storied past of the builder, and how great it handled for it's size, it was awesome. The construction was over the top - at 25 years old, it looked better than most hulls 2 years old!!!! This is definitely worth the restoration

Thanks for the input. I have heard the 20ft Supersport was one of the better Cole hulls. I would like to get it on the water soon for a test run. I am not sure how far to go on the restoration without some time on the water.

bagged97taco

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I have heard the 20ft Supersport was one of the better Cole hulls. I would like to get it on the water soon for a test run. I am not sure how far to go on the restoration without some time on the water.
You will love driving it. Between my father and I we have 3 Cole superhawks and they are well handling boats. Can't wait to see the progress

Agent86

Reaction score
You will love driving it. Between my father and I we have 3 Cole superhawks and they are well handling boats. Can't wait to see the progress

Good to hear that about Cole Boats. I'm looking for a stern drive shop if anyone has any recommendations.

wzuber

Reaction score
Good to hear that about Cole Boats. I'm looking for a stern drive shop if anyone has any recommendations.[/QUOTE

What a great combo you have there, beautiful style, high quality build, great performance and unique. it doesn't get much better than that.
Where you located? Give a call to B&D marine in El Monte. You can message him on the boards here. @BDMar
http://www.bdmarineperformance.com/

Last edited:

Agent86

Reaction score

Thanks, the drive is pretty beat up. I don't think the stock bravo 1 was up to the task. I will have to look into options.

Agent86

Reaction score
Complete rebuild on the drive! The old parts are stacking up. This is starting to get interesting.
Drive 1.jpg
Drive 2.jpg
Drive 3.jpg
Drive 4.jpg
Drive 5.jpg
Drive 6.jpg
Drive 1.jpg
Drive 2.jpg
Drive 3.jpg
Drive 4.jpg
Drive 5.jpg
Drive 6.jpg

Agent86

Reaction score
It needed the carbs rebuilt, fuel lines replaced and tuneup. So far it starts and runs good. I will probably do a leak down test when I get into the cooling system and detail the engine. I was able to make it to the channel and back on a recent test. The first time out the drive decided to take a break.

1988 Cole Supersport 20ft – Version 2.jpg
IMG_8383.jpg

Agent86

Reaction score
The boat got a little loose during testing. The trim switch decided to short out and trim the drive full up during a run. Installed new switch and waiting on the weather for more testing.

IMG_0192.jpg