WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Official - 2FF Holy Grail Hallett 270 Build Thread

Dkahnjob

Reaction score
Yes, I have taken it to Catalina twice. It is a great lake boat, not that great on the ocean with the ground swells and chop. The Spectra was terrific, I miss it.

spectras only

Reaction score
Yeah, I guessed so. My friend has that 34 Hallett that was sold while ago at Eliminator, that's a great boat in the rough. I like your 27 but the 30 Hallett is my favourite as styling and rough water capability.

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
I see daylight in your garage Johnson. I think you can squeeze another Schiada in there.

Rvrluvr

CLAMP ON RACING
Reaction score
There are adapters.. I haven’t gotten that far yet and have just started looking into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bullheadbully just put a trick set up in his daytona. Should check it out :cool:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Bullheadbully just put a trick set up in his daytona. Should check it out :cool:

He is running new power with different EFI's.. These are old school so the trick is to try and get an adapter.. and if that doesn't work then, I'll call AEM and get a new EFI system for the motors and have Alexi put it on there and dial it in.

RD

Last edited:

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
With that said...you ever climb around and check out a standard production 70's/80's Schiada?? They weren't much better....lol
Unless it was done by Racey...but you better know whats since since he wired them in all white aircraft wire.

Rvrluvr

CLAMP ON RACING
Reaction score
He is running new power with different EFI's.. These are old school so the trick is to try and get an adapter.. and if that doesn't work then, I'll call AEM and get a new EFI system for the motors and have Alexi put it on there and dial it in.

RD
Roger!! I was talking about the dash & gauges. I thought you were discussing a glass panel. I musta read it wrong. Sorry. Paul just put in a real nice set up on his dash.

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
There isn't anything specific to the "mefi" series of ecu's that I've been able to find. The type of converter that I posted the link to, ties into the 10 pin, or the wiring that would normally run to the analog gauges.

I know Racepak makes adapter harnesses for a ton of different ECMs including MEFI4. But I didn’t know what ECM the Scorpions use. With their harness, you just plug it into the ECM and it’ll display whatever the ECM monitors, pretty slick. AEM has a sick full color digital dash that they can interface with almost every ECM out there.

Havasu Surfer

Reaction score
Well there is a lot of things stuffed into a small
Package when you put twins in a 27. As Cole Trickle eluded too this is on par for the era. Eventually we will bring it up to modern day specs.. one thing at a time.

The boat already had four subs across the rear bench and four batteries. I can weigh it all and get the numbers, but I’d guess it at a 150’ish. Which honestly from a Performance standpoint I’m not happy about, but that’s the price ya pay if you want the Boom Boom all day and all night.
So can we expect it to read "Booty Shaker" on the transom too since they are mounted under the back seat

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
Is Steve gonna buy it back ? Are you doing all these mods for him ? Lol !

Moviemoney

Reaction score
Dave , and everyone else in this thread , don’t take this the wrong way or assume ANYTHING, but I’m just curious only curious, why is this one called the “holy grail “? I’ve worked for powerboat mag in the 90s have raced offshore , and had some awesome boats , witch a few were pretty close to one-offs , and can’t figure why it’s being called the holly grail. Don’t get me wrong , she’s awesome and I’d be happy with her , and Hallett have always been on the top of my favorite west cost list . This one is super clean and the updates are pretty bad ass.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Dave , and everyone else in this thread , don’t take this the wrong way or assume ANYTHING, but I’m just curious only curious, why is this one called the “holy grail “? I’ve worked for powerboat mag in the 90s have raced offshore , and had some awesome boats , witch a few were pretty close to one-offs , and can’t figure why it’s being called the holly grail. Don’t get me wrong , she’s awesome and I’d be happy with her , and Hallett have always been on the top of my favorite west cost list . This one is super clean and the updates are pretty bad ass.

It wasn’t supposed to be taken literally, just in fun.

A prior forum member would spam his boats as the holy grail. RD’s Hallett was one of them and RD kept the phrase going. It’s one of those jokes that sticks amongst the forum.

Moviemoney

Reaction score

A prior forum member would spam his boats as the holy grail. RD’s Hallett was one of them and RD kept the phrase going. It’s one of those jokes that sticks amongst the forum.

I kind of figured it was supposed to be a joke I really didn’t take it literally but I was just being inquisitive definitely wasn’t trying to offend anybody or make anybody think I was being Mr. precise, but thanks to clear up good to know

Ricks raft

Reaction score
My wiring looks nothing like that. Somebody’s been in there “fixin shit”.

Sure seems like it. My 94 210 and 2003 255 looked nothing like that and had extra wiring for big stereo, headsets, gps etc... Not as nice as today's dcb's but clean routed neatly and all tied up.
My current Howard is kinda in between mine and Daves but gauges and such have been changed.

Duck'ed_Up

Reaction score
IMG_1912.JPG
IMG_1913.JPG

1993 and all original. You can see some stuff that was added over the years. It’s all coming out this week for new gauges though.

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
View attachment 620101 View attachment 620102

1993 and all original. You can see some stuff that was added over the years. It’s all coming out this week for new gauges though.

Nice, I looked for pics of my 89 vector gauges before I had everything ripped out. It looked as clean or cleaner then this. Dave’s shit was a rat nest for sure not done by hallett just saying

Duck'ed_Up

Reaction score
Nice, I looked for pics of my 89 vector gauges before I had everything ripped out. It looked as clean or cleaner then this. Dave’s shit was a rat nest for sure not done by hallett just saying

I would imagine the vector being cleaner as the harness less complex. This is my second hallett both have been around the same age and they were both VERY well put together

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I am kinda surprised out of this entire build you guys are stuck on the wiring.. lol

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Getting close! Before the lighting was only in the cuddy. Daniel built an edge and ran it all the way to the front of the boat so it continues the lighting to the bow.

317A03A4-8583-4DC2-8C8A-4FEAE693412D.jpeg
71C9DEE8-B27C-444D-8EA7-029279949308.jpeg

The rebuilt the assembly where that old mirror was. They reversed the way it opens so now the TV mounts to it but you can still open the cabinet for storage.

There is a small amplifier and the six and a half’s in the front are for the tv sound / gaming etc

You can also see they wrapped that panel with vinyl to tie it all together.
B43025B0-1E1B-4155-80B4-833A195EDB74.jpeg

New LED reading lights underneath.

37564FB8-DA79-484A-BB04-8FC80CC6C22C.jpeg

Amp rack installed. I will get some better pics of this. The end caps are fiberglass and three dimensional. They also match the coubtour of the hull.

7CF1D6AF-649C-4C81-8823-22ADD1A5BF2D.jpeg

Ice chest is in.

382A9ACE-AB54-4A05-AC0D-84957CA2FA53.jpeg

0DC514A2-431A-41FE-B7DA-0CAD8A905F24.jpeg

USMC2010

Reaction score
I have two fans in my mid cabin, would definitely want some in a closed bow.

Lumpy

Reaction score
Bad ass Dave! Would love to do this to my 270. That butcher block is killer!

BasilHayden

Reaction score
Shouldn't the zip ties be red to match the french bordelo? :eek:

Great boat for the family!