WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Sand Bar

Rbcconst

Reaction score
Yep. With the water low the margin for error is really narrow . It is 2 near 90 degree turns right now to get up through there 100% safely.

If going up river, this is the path -

Drive up to around 200 yards before the No Wake passage on the left. Make a near 90 degree turn to the right and drive across the front of the reed island, about 150-200 yards in front of it, then make another 90 degree left turn about 150-200 feet after you pass the reed island and head up river and you'll be OK.

I was following a buddy back down river on Saturday and he let off because he did not make a hard enough turn as he came out beyond the reed island (he turned about 45 degrees instead of close to 90) I let off as well and could not get going again without churning up a bunch of mud.. I had to hop out and push the boat about 50 feet.

No harm done, just took a little paint off the skeg.

That’s a scary line to take going up river, your going in blind and as you go to make the 90 degree left you might see a cat coming at you at 80 plus mph. Tried it a few times and it’s a very uneasy feeling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
That’s a scary line to take going up river, your going in blind and as you go to make the 90 degree left you might see a cat coming at you at 80 plus mph. Tried it a few times and it’s a very uneasy feeling.

Yea, you have to be careful.

Havaduner

Never home on weekends
Reaction score
The lake level is still really low, so that area is really shallow because of it. Usually by now the lake level is coming back up, hopefully soon.
We ran past Kevin, the Vessel Assist guy in that area Friday afternoon on the way to the sandbar, he was dragging people out and showing them how to get through "the channel" to get up river or back on the lake. Unfortunately, Kevin was towing us back to the Landing later that afternoon after my starter broke.

Groper

Reaction score
Hummm I have an idea ;), during the DS poker run we set up on the "new" sandbar tables & chairs with umbrellas, ice chest(s) and a BBQ.
When someone gets stuck we give the a free hot dog and a CL soda. :)
At least the new sandbar won't have any leeches spawning as of yet, well unless there's a Liar in the group.

Last edited:

Singleton

Reaction score
If you look on a map, the no wake side, and the actual fast path up are both on the CA side. If you are on the AZ side, you are no longer boating, you are beaching.
Technically you are correct.
But you have two paths to get up into the river, the CA side of reed island (no wake zone) and then the AZ side (trim up and let it fly).

Singleton

Reaction score
Why doesn't LHMA mark the high speed channel?

They would have to lay down red and green channel markers, and I believe only CC can do that. Based on the flow and sand movement, the high speed side changes every few years and if marked and you hit something but are within markers you have cause. So simple answer, liability and lawyers keep it from being marked.

Rbcconst

Reaction score
Hummm I have an idea ;), during the DS poker run we set up on the "new" sandbar tables & chairs with umbrellas, ice chest(s) and a BBQ.
At least the new sandbar won't have any leeches spawning as of yet, well unless there's a Liar in the group.

That’s a great idea. A few weekends of that and they will dredge the whole area.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Technically you are correct.
But you have two paths to get up into the river, the CA side of reed island (no wake zone) and then the AZ side (trim up and let it fly).

Saw this map in the "New Bully" thread. If you are on the AZ side around the "Crab claw" reed island your boat is not moving.
2E33F1B4-C256-43F2-B96A-E89377727A6D.jpeg

getch

Reaction score
We had 3 boats out with us this weekend, all of us did the S turn around reed island and made it no problem (At separate times not following each other either). But it does look really shallow 150 yards or so off reed island about 1/2 way thru on the Arizona side of it, I stayed 50 or so off and made it.

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
This section keeps the lake boats on the LAKE. River boats pass with ease.

Don't follow me, you won't make it.

My 3800 lb. sled floats in 8" of water, on plane maybe 4"?

Dan'l

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
As was stated earlier, the water level below Parker was REAL high this weekend. Are they giving Mexico their spring flood?

Havaduner

Never home on weekends
Reaction score
So,,, current Havasu water level is 446.55', projected level for May 2018 is supposed to be 447.70 ( so its lower than projected) and projected to be 448' in May through summer, before dropping again as it always does in the fall. I bet, we'll see lake levels up by DS weekend.....

Dirtbag

Reaction score
Even at 448 I had a brown trail behind me going through the no wake side two weeks ago.

never go through the prop wrecking side.....50 feet off reed island trim it high let it fly and always feet up

CobraDave

Reaction score
The green is exactly what I do every time. Maybe a slightly sharper turn but that’s the one. Did it on Sat no issues.

MooreMoney

Reaction score
I probably do the same line as you mentioned. I only do it in the morning heading north because I’m worried about that blinish turn going up river. Most of the traffic is going north in the morning but be ready for a boat coming south. Hammer down and get out of their way!

Afternoon for some reason you just see the water better but I still hug the California side coming out.

The green is exactly what I do every time. Maybe a slightly sharper turn but that’s the one. Did it on Sat no issues.

CobraDave

Reaction score
I probably do the same line as you mentioned. I only do it in the morning heading north because I’m worried about that blinish turn going up river. Most of the traffic is going north in the morning but be ready for a boat coming south. Hammer down and get out of their way!

Afternoon for some reason you just see the water better but I still hug the California side coming out.

Yup I just go fast and trim up. The prop wash is out of the water at that point, maybe about 6 ft or so. But it’s just for a minute.

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Ca dredged side last monday, I was dragging the drive in trailer mode, lol

Coming down 85 ish trimmed up didn’t notice a thing :D

Holy shit that could have been a super fast exit stage left, damn jack always always daring me to do dumb shit. ;)

Nordicdeck

Reaction score