WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Unbranded : Mexico to Canada on Mustangs

Halvecto

Reaction score
The Pacific Trail thread got me thinking about this documentary movie.

Unbranded.

If you like horses or adventure or seeing people do what most think is impossible, watch this film. It's on Netflix and others. Google it. Read the backstory. It's a modern day story of guys doing what original explorers did. Four college grads take 16 wild mustangs 3,000 miles from Mexico to
Canada. Since most people on this site are familiar with the "West" topography and terrain, this story is captivating.

Great movie.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Will have to check it out and thanks.

copterzach

Reaction score
Johnny Fitzsimmons. He is an Aggie Grad. He grew up on his families San Pedro Ranch in south Texas. I have met him a few times. I think I met Masterson at an Aggie Muster before. Actually all 4 of the men are Aggies.

Really good movie. I have seen it a few times.

Some of the scenes where they are breaking and riding the mustangs were actually filmed in the set of cattle pens in the picture below, before Mr Fulbright rebuilt them out of pipe. In the picture some the original pens are in the backside of the new pipe cattle pens.

IMG_2759.JPG

Wadernation

Reaction score
great movie! Saw it awhile back but need to watch it again.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Is this the one where when they finally make it to the border of Canada the one guy says "F it, i'm not crossing, i'm not finishing this" and everyone in the group is kinda dumbfounded and pissed at him?

Wadernation

Reaction score
Is this the one where when they finally make it to the border of Canada the one guy says "F it, i'm not crossing, i'm not finishing this" and everyone in the group is kinda dumbfounded and pissed at him?
i think everyone watching was dumbfounded and pissed lol i sure was

RCDave

Reaction score
Reminds me of the movie Monte Walsh with Tom Selleck

Halvecto

Reaction score
Johnny Fitzsimmons. He is an Aggie Grad. He grew up on his families San Pedro Ranch in south Texas. I have met him a few times. I think I met Masterson at an Aggie Muster before. Actually all 4 of the men are Aggies.

Really good movie. I have seen it a few times.

Some of the scenes where they are breaking and riding the mustangs were actually filmed in the set of cattle pens in the picture below, before Mr Fulbright rebuilt them out of pipe. In the picture some the original pens are in the backside of the new pipe cattle pens.

View attachment 639875
Crazy Aggies! Have a good friend who is TAMU alum. Boy, Aggies sure do stick together.... His daughter may go there to ride for their Equestrian Team.

copterzach

Reaction score
Crazy Aggies! Have a good friend who is TAMU alum. Boy, Aggies sure do stick together.... His daughter may go there to ride for their Equestrian Team.

Yes sir. It’s a tight group. I had a full ride to rodeo for TAMU. We get together for Aggie Muster a few times a year. Go to 3-4 games every year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Very good documentary/movie. And yes, the ending is kind of twisted. Still good though.