Reaction score
upload_2018-5-8_15-7-44.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-5-8_15-7-44.jpeg
    upload_2018-5-8_15-7-44.jpeg
    19.4 KB · Views: 165

Andy01

Reaction score
LOL I love watches!! But not that one with the shag behind it!

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
while horologically significant, I don't think I could ever bring myself to wear a calculator

Mike K

Reaction score
Everyone's phone kinda killed the watch scene ... been dying a slow death for awhile now ... I still like a badass military chronograph looking thing ... like a G-Shock Mudmaster.

Albert

Reaction score
I concur , technology killed the watch. Besides watches are for those that need to be places.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I was just talking to a local jewelry store owner about watches. He wants to advertise an upper end brand on here to see if it would be applicable to the members.

I personally don't wear a watch (too often), I do own a couple.

Honestly I use my phone for the time.. LOL If I'm looking for jewelry I'll get another necklace.

RD

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
I have been known to be a watch fan.... I wish I could afford more.

DLC

Reaction score
I love watches but they have to be different, a stand out type of watch...
Been keeping an eye out for a tan military style watch

And also

A orange /Gray style divers /sport watch

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
You could if you weren't putting in a pool, redoing your backyard, trying to find a diesel pusher, buying Denalis, Explorer that you keep upgrading etc...lol

true...this whole being an adult thing is not all its cracked up to be. kinda miss the days of having no job and sleeping on RDs couch all the time.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
You could if you weren't putting in a pool, redoing your backyard, trying to find a diesel pusher, buying Denalis, Explorer that you keep upgrading etc...lol

Straight Baller!

true...this whole being an adult thing is not all its cracked up to be. kinda miss the days of having no job and sleeping on RDs couch all the time.

We were broke, but we had more fun.. LOL

RD

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
I wear a watch 24/7 - always. Prefer not to have my phone glued to me. Great for boating, off-roading, snowboarding etc.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
I was just talking to a local jewelry store owner about watches. He wants to advertise an upper end brand on here to see if it would be applicable...

I know a bit about watches too [emoji4]
Adding to the list of shit to talk about [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
I like watches as well.

I have a modest collection of mechanicals that have appreciated quite nicely over the years as well as been fun to wear.

UD

grumpy88

Reaction score
I always wanted a nice Rolex. The older I have gotten the more I have come to terms with I don't need it . I can afford it, I guess . One day maybe I will buy one to leave as a gift to my grandson when I pass .

RodnJen

Reaction score
I like wearing a watch. For the last 15 years it’s been a Tag Link Professional, blue face.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
AppleWatch, it's nice to leave my phone at home or in the car for some things.

Ouderkirk

Reaction score
I was just talking to a local jewelry store owner about watches. He wants to advertise an upper end brand on here to see if it would be applicable to the members.

I personally don't wear a watch (too often), I do own a couple.

Honestly I use my phone for the time.. LOL If I'm looking for jewelry I'll get another necklace.

RD

I wear a wristwatch every day. I've had it for 20+ years and it is an old friend. Breitling Cosmonaute Flyback Automatic. A 24 hour dial face, chronograph, and date. The previous watch was a Tag Huer Navitimer automatic that I had until I bought the Breilting.

There is nothing like a finely crafted wristwatch.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
To me if you are only ever going to own one high end mechanical the Rolex submariner is the clear choice.
Buy it- wear it for a decade or decades - sell it for what you bought it for or more. Its probably one of the safest places to put 6-7 grand.

I dont like the cyclops or date versions but prefer the straight up no date SS version - its the honey badger of watches.
Thin, classy and durable as hell. About the only thing more durable is an anvil.

The Rolex date watches are notably thicker, and the cyclops catches the edge of my cuffs all the time when I wear dress shorts, and the non date version is tiny (hence the cyclops) On other watches use a twin wheel date system to make the date more visible without a cyclops.

I dont go for gold or two toned gold because on me that shit looks like a pimp.
I prefer my gold in the form of coins or bullion and I stick to SS when possible with watches.
Gold scratches really easy compared to SS which gets pretty scratched up itself if you wear the thing year in and year out.

The single color bezels are ok, I prefer straight up black as it makes the watch more versatile- but the two tone coke bottle bezel looks like shit like a puerto rican spray painted his name on a check and bought a watch.

Easy for girls to recognize - Rolex basically says you have some money, but aren't very interesting. Which is why one is enough for me in the collection - I focus on what is to me more interesting stuff.

I really like my Rolex, but I love my Jaeger LeCoultres. My Patek- boring as hell, but worth a lot of dough because of the name.

UD

Last edited:

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
To me if you are only ever going to own one high end mechanical the Rolex submariner is the clear choice.
Buy it- wear it for a decade or decades - sell it for what you bought it for or more. Its probably one of the safest places to put 6-7 grand.

I dont like the cyclops or date versions but prefer the straight up no date SS version - its the honey badger of watches.
Thin, classy and durable as hell. About the only thing more durable is an anvil.

The Rolex date watches are notably thicker, and the cyclops catches the edge of my cuffs all the time when I wear dress shorts, and the non date version is tiny (hence the cyclops) On other watches use a twin wheel date system to make the date more visible without a cyclops.

I dont go for gold or two toned gold because on me that shit looks like a pimp.
I prefer my gold in the form of coins or bullion and I stick to SS when possible with watches.
Gold scratches really easy compared to SS which gets pretty scratched up itself if you wear the thing year in and year out.

The single color bezels are ok, I prefer straight up black as it makes the watch more versatile- but the two tone coke bottle bezel looks like shit like a puerto rican spray painted his name on a check and bought a watch.

Rolex basically says you have some money, but aren't very interesting. Which is why one is enough for me in the collection - I focus on what is to me more interesting stuff.

I really like my Rolex, but I love my Jaeger LeCoultres. My Patek- boring as hell, but worth a lot of dough because of the name.

UD

Which Patek do you have? I just insured a guy that had a Patek and a Audemars on his policy. He didn't even know which models they were, just that they were expensive haha

Jefftowz

Formerly Old School Ultra
Reaction score
Always wear a watch, M-F Apple Watch, weekends either a Nixon or G shocks.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Which Patek do you have? I just insured a guy that had a Patek and a Audemars on his policy. He didn't even know which models they were, just that they were expensive haha

I have a basic hobnail Calatrava I scored off a broker that owned me money.
Im not in love with it, but Ill trade it up someday. ill dig up a pict.

Would love an AP Royal Oak someday - bu they are so fucking fragile it would end up a safe queen.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Basic- Caltrava - not even a second hand as a complication - still worth probably 12G in white gold.

patek.jpeg

UD

Done-it-again

Reaction score
I like watches, just can’t afford the ones I want. Someday. Keep posting, you guys have some nice ones.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Unless North was derived magnetically vs true north - in which case it will be off by about an hour

UD

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Damn you guys have some nice shit!! I'm in the wrong business!

Only one in my pics that’s mine is the breitling. Lol

One of my customers is a watch crackhead. Those are just the tip of the iceberg of what he has. We traded some work for a watch. I wanted the green Rolex anniversary edition because it stands out and no mistaking what it is. And the value will be going up when they discontinue soon. He didn’t have at that time. So opted for the breitling with 3 different bands. 3 weeks after he got the green one and was like hey wanna work another “deal” (I pouted for a week, now on the waiting list )
He had that sold for over retail the week after he picked it up. Waiting list so long they’re unobtanium for the normal population

And I agree w UD Rolex for best all around watch that will not be money thrown away, and also no gold unless your mid 70s plus, lol

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Not much of a gold watch guy but a classic like that is sweet - love the black face.

UD

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Only one in my pics that’s mine is the breitling. Lol

One of my customers is a watch crackhead. Those are just the tip of the iceberg of what he has. We traded some work for a watch. I wanted the green Rolex anniversary edition because it stands out and no mistaking what it is. And the value will be going up when they discontinue soon. He didn’t have at that time. So opted for the breitling with 3 different bands. 3 weeks after he got the green one and was like hey wanna work another “deal” (I pouted for a week, now on the waiting list )
He had that sold for over retail the week after he picked it up. Waiting list so long they’re unobtanium for the normal population

And I agree w UD Rolex for best all around watch that will not be money thrown away, and also no gold unless your mid 70s plus, lol

Which movement is the breitling using?

I find their faces kind of busy, but totally get the allure of the brand.

Is that a dual date wheel? Sure is nice and big.

Most people don't know the Breitling Navitimer was the original "big diameter watch".

UD

spectras only

Reaction score
I like machinery that makes watches. This is my jeweller lathe
bergeon%20lathe.1%20copy.jpg

Have a few watches, one of them is a Tissot T-Touch with compass, altimeter, temperature,alarm and chrono.