WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

PinkTaco's Desert Storm After Party Pics...

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
Over the years since I started on my little photography journey Desert Storm has remained the cornerstone event that I get the privilege to cover each year. Each year has become busier than the last and I'm blessed year after year with more clients to serve. My work load Desert Storm week has all but rendered me a ghost at most of the social functions of the event. I mean, I'm at every event but it's usually just breezing through and snapping pics and running out so that I can be up the next morning before sunrise. By the time the after party rolls around I'm ready to have a cocktail or two with my RDP family and catch up on the week's festivities. It is my favorite event of the week because even though I'm still there to take pics I'm also there as a member of the RDP community and I get to cut loose. My pics from the event are more on the fun side and the compositions are pretty loose, and get more loose as the night wears on LOL. Even though they often end up a technical mess they are some of the favorite pics I capture all week. So here is what ended up on my camera when I woke up the next afternoon...

Here is the link to the After Party pics. Feel free to download any that you want for yourself!

http://www.tommygunimages.com/p910261249

2018 was the first year since I started attending DS that Hammer was not present. Something about a wedding...
But, he was there in spirit.

p2874484954-6.jpg

Legendz was packed when I showed up...

p2874473316-6.jpg

p2874472410-6.jpg

Once again Stacy had the photo booth guy there and entertainment ensued...

p2874472413-6.jpg

p2874484487-6.jpg

Boom Bandits killed it again with the entertainment and Rene returned to spin everyone's favorites...

p2874472418-6.jpg

p2874472419-6.jpg

p2874478479-6.jpg

p2874479807-6.jpg

p2874480841-6.jpg

Last edited:

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Hey I made it in the pictures.

Tom great chatting with you that night! We definatelly need to catch up over a beer

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
damn near impossible to get shots in a party scene... you using a diffused flash pointed upwards for these?

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
As I went through these pics I came to realize what a camera whore OldSchoolBoats is...

p2874481996-6.jpg

p2874483531-6.jpg
Great pictures as always Tom, and you’re right about Joe (OSB)
Isn't my fault all you peeps want to take a pic with me! [emoji41][emoji41]
Great memories! Maybe need to do a collage Tom??

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

milkmoney

Reaction score
Highlight of pinkys desert storm was me pinching his ass at the street party.
[emoji202]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Enen

Reaction score
My favorite pic is the empty wheelchair on the dock. It's hard not to imagine the high-point that person got to experience riding in a boat. I think I'd like a copy of it as a reminder not to take this hobby for granted.

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
My favorite pic is the empty wheelchair on the dock. It's hard not to imagine the high-point that person got to experience riding in a boat. I think I'd like a copy of it as a reminder not to take this hobby for granted.

I wondered if anyone would notice that one...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DLC

Reaction score
Hi Tom. I love seeing your view of the lens! Maybe next year RDP needs to have a shadow for the pink taco, interviews & maybe a vid...what goes on behind the scenes of pink taco, AKA tommy Gunn...... the man behind the lens...

We as the drunk party goers, or drinking & partying RDPers, we need an in-depth view from the taco ! We all appreciate the hard work, sacrifices you make for the shot and also the write up after the event... this is a work weekend for you and we all think it’s just fun, friends and beer for us

I know taking pics at all times of the day and night/ an evenings searching for the perfect shot to portrait the atmosphere of your eye is extremely difficult to achieve. And yet it shows so effortlessly in your pics!

Thank you!

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Tom. I love seeing your view of the lens! Maybe next year RDP needs to have a shadow for the pink taco, interviews & maybe a vid...what goes on behind the scenes of pink taco, AKA tommy Gunn...... the man behind the lens...

We as the drunk party goers, or drinking & partying RDPers, we need an in-depth view from the taco ! We all appreciate the hard work, sacrifices you make for the shot and also the write up after the event... this is a work weekend for you and we all think it’s just fun, friends and beer for us

I know taking pics at all times of the day and night/ an evenings searching for the perfect shot to portrait the atmosphere of your eye is extremely difficult to achieve. And yet it shows so effortlessly in your pics!

Thank you!

Thanks man, I appreciate those kind words! Even though it has evolved into my job taking pictures is something I would do even if I made my living in another way. It’s just something I love to do. [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk