WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Hot Sauce on Ceramic Coat

Daniel Wolfe

Reaction score
If I use a ceramic coating or nano coating can I still use hot sauce at the ramp to wipe down the boat or is it strong enough to deteriorate the coating. I have been using 3D products and the hot sauce works good over that but was considering something like a ceramic coating after the season is over. Any others doing something similar.

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
If I use a ceramic coating or nano coating can I still use hot sauce at the ramp to wipe down the boat or is it strong enough to deteriorate the coating. I have been using 3D products and the hot sauce works good over that but was considering something like a ceramic coating after the season is over. Any others doing something similar.
Be just fine, it plays nice with wax by design so ceramic coat will be just fine

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
I was told that anything with any amount of wax should not be used on a ceramic coat.

I haven’t tried it yet, just wanted to share.

YZFRider

Reaction score
You should not apply anything with wax to ceramic. Its not going to hurt the ceramic. But you will lose some of the benefits of the ceramic. Dust and dirt does not adhere to ceramic but it does to wax. So with a layer of wax you will pick up more dust etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Daniel Wolfe

Reaction score
So what do those who use ceramic coat use to wipe the boat down after use?