WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

19' Turbo Schiada

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
This is Steveo143's boat, I have it in my custody to help the family sell it since I rebuild the engine some years back. The boat was sitting outdoors for some time, so it will need a bunch of cosmetic stuff done. In my opinion, that would include recovering the seats (they seem to be structurally fine) and have been cleaned up considerably since the photos were shot. It will also need new clear coat on the deck. I assumed removing the old clear would be time consuming and expensive, but found that when it sits in the sun, it actually peels off easily, I removed about 2 square feet in about 10 minutes. The original metal flake looks like it is fine, and I don't see it being super costly to make it look nice again after finding how easily the clear peels off.

I have not run the engine yet. Steve had it running on E85, and he had removed the carbs and fuel lines as he was going to install an EFI system. The carbs are here, but I borrowed a pair of gasoline carbs from a turbo engine, and will rig it to make sure the engine is mechanically sound. I believe it had a very limited number of hours put on it after I rebuilt it. It's a 496 with Trick Flow aluminum heads, and a new set of JE turbo pistons at the time of the refresh.

The boat has a turbo 400 transmission, along with a couple of sort of custom features. The boat has a sprint car steering box with solid shaft and bell crank, rather than conventional cable steering. When Steve had it he added a hydraulic assist for the over ride pedal.

It also comes with a custom fitted dark green canvas cover (not shown) that will require a good cleaning.

The family is asking $15,000, Price reduced to $12,000consider the value of the engine (that I built) with turbo kit and waste gates before you say that it's way over-priced.

PS,, the all new, all aluminum 621 cubic inch engine I built for him is also for sale, to be posted soon, either complete with turbo components or long block.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Steveo is one cool doooood. Makes me sad that he isn't doing good.

Guy had some pretty good ideas over the years too. That alloy motor was just over the top. I kinda hoped someone would scoop that up.

Getting old just doesn't work out for everyone I guess.

Brian

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
So, the green boat still hasn't been fired or floated?

Gelcoater

Reaction score
This is Steveo143's boat, I have it in my custody to help the family sell it since I rebuild the engine some years back. The boat was sitting outdoors for some time, so it will need a bunch of cosmetic stuff done. In my opinion, that would include recovering the seats (they seem to be structurally fine) and have been cleaned up considerably since the photos were shot. It will also need new clear coat on the deck. I assumed removing the old clear would be time consuming and expensive, but found that when it sits in the sun, it actually peels off easily, I removed about 2 square feet in about 10 minutes. The original metal flake looks like it is fine, and I don't see it being super costly to make it look nice again after finding how easily the clear peels off.

I have not run the engine yet. Steve had it running on E85, and he had removed the carbs and fuel lines as he was going to install an EFI system. The carbs are here, but I borrowed a pair of gasoline carbs from a turbo engine, and will rig it to make sure the engine is mechanically sound. I believe it had a very limited number of hours put on it after I rebuilt it. It's a 496 with Trick Flow aluminum heads, and a new set of JE turbo pistons at the time of the refresh.

The boat has a turbo 400 transmission, along with a couple of sort of custom features. The boat has a sprint car steering box with solid shaft and bell crank, rather than conventional cable steering. When Steve had it he added a hydraulic assist for the over ride pedal.

It also comes with a custom fitted dark green canvas cover (not shown) that will require a good cleaning.

The family is asking $15,000, consider the value of the engine (that I built) with turbo kit and waste gates before you say that it's way over-priced.

PS,, the all new, all aluminum 621 cubic inch engine I built for him is also for sale, to be posted soon, either complete with turbo components or long block.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php
ColdFire metalflake?

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Threads like this are bittersweet....

For any of the members that haven't met and hung out with him.....you really missed out. For those that have, know what I am talking about.

His is one cool cat.

bagged97taco

Reaction score
I have had the honor of meeting him at the drag races years ago and many other shows. I purchased one of his polished stainless trailer tongues. Amazing work!

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Those hitches he made were pretty cool.

Turned and milled 304 is pretty tough to do. Even with a rotary table, that barrel is a feat. ;)

Brian

I have had the honor of meeting him at the drag races years ago and many other shows. I purchased one of his polished stainless trailer tongues. Amazing work!

aaronschiada

Reaction score
Bitchen boat and a cool piece of history! Wish we coulda struck a deal. Good luck.

obnoxious001

Reaction score
So, the green boat still hasn't been fired or floated?
No, I had been in touch with the original owner's son, was pretty sure he wanted it back, probably without the engine, but he didn't do much about contacting Steve's son. One other guy "definitely" wanted it, it didn't happen either.

I have borrowed a couple of gasoline carbs from a turbo set up, and have it outdoors to temporarily set up a fuel pump and lines to fire it so I can leak it down and verify the condition of the engine. I don't think it got run many times after my rebuild.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
I think that ol girl would make a solid 8-850HP on 91 at 8-10 psi and live forever.

Brian

Backlash

Reaction score
Damn. It's sad to hear about Stevo and his condition. If/when you see him Barry please wish him the best. I would LOVE to scoop this up and park it right next to my never-ending 19' project. Having one v-drive and one outboard would be a fun dilemma to be in. But......my wife would absolutely kill me. Good luck with the motor work and the sale. Any other pictures you can share would be appreciated. Henry

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Good to see you around dooood. :)

Damn. It's sad to hear about Stevo and his condition. If/when you see him Barry please wish him the best. I would LOVE to scoop this up and park it right next to my never-ending 19' project. Having one v-drive and one outboard would be a fun dilemma to be in. But......my wife would absolutely kill me. Good luck with the motor work and the sale. Any other pictures you can share would be appreciated. Henry

rivergames

Reaction score
I've called Steveo multiple times with no luck over the years to say Hi and see how he was doing.

Steveo has done lots of work with v-drives and In n Out Boxes on our crackerboxs.

The new GBR Cracker is running Steveos custom In N Out Box!

This is sad to hear :-(

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
He has not been doing well for three years. He has been really bad over the last year and a half.

Brian

I've called Steveo multiple times with no luck over the years to say Hi and see how he was doing.

Steveo has done lots of work with v-drives and In n Out Boxes on our crackerboxs.

The new GBR Cracker is running Steveos custom In N Out Box!

This is sad to hear :-(

rivergames

Reaction score
He has not been doing well for three years. He has been really bad over the last year and a half.

Brian
The last I talked to him, was about 3 years ago. I remember when he was in the Hospital. I thought he cleaned up and got out of there.

obnoxious001

Reaction score
Price has been reduced. I did some cleaning work on the seats,a fair amount of the dirt came off. Realistically they need to be recovered even though they are not falling apart.

aaronschiada

Reaction score
I guess the offers a made a while ago are starting to look pretty good.

CycloneRacing

Reaction score
Very cool boat Barry. I would love to buy it but my wife may not be too happy with me.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
I think this boat sold last week
Cool. I hope so, I didn't hear. I tried to make a deal for it and separate it and put the engine in UCH. Aaron wanted the boat but didn't want the engine.

Backlash

Reaction score
Congratulations to your Dad! Tell him to start a rebuild thread on here as there are some folks who enjoy this hull design. I'm glad you were able to snag it because now I won't be getting divorced! :D

KevinR

Reaction score
Congratulations to your Dad! Tell him to start a rebuild thread on here as there are some folks who enjoy this hull design. I'm glad you were able to snag it because now I won't be getting divorced! :D

He’s not real good with working the forum so I will do my best to update along the way, being 300 miles away.

Glad you will still be married.

KevinR

Reaction score
Just talked to dad and he has the boat mostly disassembled. Just formulating game plan and all.

One thing he did say was Carson will build some new turbos for it.

He's taken a bunch of photos, so I encouraged him to send them to me and I will post them here.

Rattle Can Lou

Reaction score
I hope he follows through better then me...I'm balls to the wall on tear down...assembly...ah not so much...

KevinR

Reaction score
Oh yeah. Dad gets it done.
Hull is getting new gel coat now. White with Orange trim.

Backlash

Reaction score
Can you share any pics with us?? I'd love to see what he is doing as the refresh moves along. Who is doing the gelcoat work?? Nice shop your Dad has too! ;)

KevinR

Reaction score
Can you share any pics with us?? I'd love to see what he is doing as the refresh moves along. Who is doing the gelcoat work?? Nice shop your Dad has too! ;)

At this time I don’t have any additional photos. I will do my best to document the re build as it happens, being 300 miles away.

Our friends at Conquest are doing the new gel coat.

cofooter

Reaction score
At this time I don’t have any additional photos. I will do my best to document the re build as it happens, being 300 miles away.

Our friends at Conquest are doing the new gel coat.
Having seen this boat before it was sold at Barry's, I look forward to seeing it coming together!

KevinR

Reaction score
Yeah, me too.
A lot of real nice parts: steering, coolers, gas tanks, plate controls ,etc. Trailer is rock solid. Turbo Motor is so so but you know up front you will put $$ in that. Nice Turbo 400 tranny.

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
If this turns out anywhere as nice as his Mandella (there's no reason it won't) it will be a show stopper!

KevinR

Reaction score
You saw pop’s Long Decker? That was one fun toy.

KevinR

Reaction score
34D0A1A7-4F91-4BBE-B832-3239F9180172.jpeg
I know I have not been good at getting my dad to provide progress pictures, I’m still working on that.

But he gave me this T shirt for Christmas and said we will have the boat at the 2019 Notta Regatta.