WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

SoCal Pools and Landscape builds

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Laguna Niguel project we just finished last week.
0F80318C-E235-4632-B77F-2FB775DBE0AA.jpeg
DC2FC0D6-8E47-42EA-9386-3081640D595C.jpeg
8D1CD907-C019-469B-A7AD-F234252EDD39.jpeg
10520CE3-B66E-45D8-83B1-72E8072D3EA5.jpeg
5F8F5851-8E8E-4E2E-A82A-BFF8AEC18CA9.jpeg
8DED057A-5154-465C-B49A-160FB7694B3F.jpeg
20D8EDE7-4FD9-41A4-B8DE-8167CD202123.jpeg
C11F6D6C-57F6-4096-8E4C-32546A0DEEA4.jpeg
8B8D5A54-FA5F-44A1-B1E3-762B232317A7.jpeg
625BA467-1A3A-4B31-B236-64FB1962E7DD.jpeg
F35C68A7-5EEB-4207-B72B-2CCD2AA35428.jpeg

Wadernation

Reaction score
Does anyone know the actual name of these damn trees. I can't for the life of me figure out either the scientific or common names for them:

Look up black or norway spruce.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Just curious. My buddy started his pool build last week. They dug up a AT&T line that they didn't know was there. They say there was a easement in the back of the property. The home was built in the 60's. Who is on the hook for the repairs and relocating the line. They called dig alert but not sure they go on private property or the back yard.

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Just curious. My buddy started his pool build last week. They dug up a AT&T line that they didn't know was there. They say there was a easement in the back of the property. The home was built in the 60's. Who is on the hook for the repairs and relocating the line. They called dig alert but not sure they go on private property or the back yard.

If dig alert went out then owner and builder are good. That’s usually the benefit of calling dig alert, it’s free and they take responsibility with utilities.

That is, If they truly did go, there would be different paint colors all over yard front and back marking what’s where.

If there was an easement that would (should) have been noted by city on plans when submitted.
As a builder if I called dig alert, owner didn’t know anything about easement, city didn’t know, and nothing marked anywhere. Then att would be told to suck it.

Edit: and yes dig alert does residential, and usually wants Pool layed out and or plans in back yard to know what’s where. And they absolutely go in backyards
Edit #2 lol, if easement was noted and they dug in that area ignoring, then owner ultimately will be liable to Att and or who ever does the repairs, and owner would then have to go after who ever did it and or gave the direction to do it.

Last edited:

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Beautiful design and execution. It's perfection highlights the drawbacks of Kalifornia living: Having neighbors right on top of your property in 2-story homes that can easily look into your entire backyard. What a shame

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Beautiful design and execution. It's perfection highlights the drawbacks of Kalifornia living: Having neighbors right on top of your property in 2-story homes that can easily look into your entire backyard. What a shame
CA isn't the only state with 2 story homes...lol

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
If dig alert went out then owner and builder are good. That’s usually the benefit of calling dig alert, it’s free and they take responsibility with utilities.

That is, If they truly did go, there would be different paint colors all over yard front and back marking what’s where.

If there was an easement that would (should) have been noted by city on plans when submitted.
As a builder if I called dig alert, owner didn’t know anything about easement, city didn’t know, and nothing marked anywhere. Then att would be told to suck it.

Edit: and yes dig alert does residential, and usually wants Pool layed out and or plans in back yard to know what’s where. And they absolutely go in backyards
Edit #2 lol, if easement was noted and they dug in that area ignoring, then owner ultimately will be liable to Att and or who ever does the repairs, and owner would then have to go after who ever did it and or gave the direction to do it.
Thanks. My buddy just bought the house. He didn't know about the easement or wire in his backyard. The neighbor lady that has been there for 30 years came over and told him about it after they found it. I will ask him more when I see him on Friday.

Melloyellovector

Reaction score

And all the homes up there are 2million +, zero privacy.
But hey small price to pay with a couple neighbors that can see you versus the 100s he looks down into, lol

Honestly this dude is a major player in construction/development in Chicago. This is just one of his “California vacation homes “ his Chicago house is the size of a resort, with more then enough privacy. :D
Iv built quite a few projects for this family, they are great people

Hammer

Reaction score
Tim came by the house today, my wife and I decided to pull the trigger and build a pool. I’m going to have the demo done myself and have Tim and his crew work their Magic! Here’s a couple renderings I had done when the plans were developed

IMG_1203.JPG
IMG_1210.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Hammer

Reaction score
Tim came by the house today, my wife and I decided to pull the trigger and build a pool. I’m going to have the demo done myself and have Tim and his crew work their Magic! Here’s a couple renderings I had done when the plans were developed

View attachment 631182 View attachment 631183

IMG_1211.JPG
IMG_1213.JPG

A few more...

Tank

Reaction score

That is totally beautiful, but holy crap! I thought my neighbors were close....I'd feel I was standing in my neighbors kitchen with that yard! What's up with the 3' walls? zero privacy. Guess there's not going to be much playboy mansion style pool parties.

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
That is totally beautiful, but holy crap! I thought my neighbors were close....I'd feel I was standing in my neighbors kitchen with that yard! What's up with the 3' walls? zero privacy. Guess there's not going to be much playboy mansion style pool parties.

Lol, they’re close. But Iv seen wayyyyyy worse especially in OC. There is about 20ft between side neighbors, and ones down below are actually about 100ft from back wall.
The pony walls w glass is an HOA fancy bitch don’t F with anyone’s view thing.
The bad thing is yes everyone can see your party’s and what going down, the good thing is You can see everyone’s party’s and what’s going down. :D
It’s laguna I don’t think there’s a neighbor on that street I wouldn’t mind seeing naked, lol

Hallett_Whacker

Reaction score
At Mellowyellowvector, beautiful work....

Not to hijack the thread, but can you recommend a pool guy for some minor repairs (lights/electrical). I'm in north OC (Seal Beach).

G. Faulk

Reaction score
Nice Mellow, I like the different variety of types of builds you've done. Your crazy doing commercial work :)

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
O
Nice Mellow, I like the different variety of types of builds you've done. Your crazy doing commercial work :)

Little commercial job ymca work - play pool cracked in half, bad soil condtions not accounted for by orig builder.
We cut this sucker in half, and re building it :D

F2BAB8ED-7900-4E14-9432-6F5A8B2A7730.jpeg
61FFB157-4681-411B-9284-2A6A3254A32E.jpeg
20F26579-A664-4B36-B961-58BAB86E1493.jpeg

Attachments

• 75C543EC-7141-4DFF-9BBA-2D89882242CE.jpeg
    75C543EC-7141-4DFF-9BBA-2D89882242CE.jpeg
    459.6 KB · Views: 243

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Would love to put a pool in the new house but scared of the costs lol , looking at the pics an u guys do an awesome job

Costs all depends on what you want and reality.
Can be as low as 30k range on up well above 300k
Most average Pool and spas w normal upgrades are 50k range. Usually what drives up cost from there is amount of deck, Bbq’s, fire pits, fireplaces, walls, cabanas, landscape etc...

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Costs all depends on what you want and reality.
Can be as low as 30k range on up well above 300k
Most average Pool and spas w normal upgrades are 50k range. Usually what drives up cost from there is amount of deck, Bbq’s, fire pits, fireplaces, walls, cabanas, landscape etc...

Now I’m scared to see what julian comes up with. I had a lot of wants. Lol.

Hammer

Reaction score
He used the phrase “let’s just design your dream backyard and then we can scale it back from there”. [emoji15]

I told him I thought a swim up bar would be bad ass. [emoji23]

Lol. Wanted a swim up bar. It’s gonna have to be added later. [emoji22]

Rjt01

Reaction score
Oh and the boat finished lol got to get my priorities straight lol

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
He used the phrase “let’s just design your dream backyard and then we can scale it back from there”. [emoji15]

I told him I thought a swim up bar would be bad ass. [emoji23]

LMAO! Can you really put a budget on Cristen’s happiness :D

Pretty sure the stoker wouldn’t look the way it does if she put one on yours, lol

Honestly though, you’ve got to start some where. So yes designing your combined dream backyard is the best place to start. Then you see what that equates to in dollars and cents ( sense )
Luckily your backyard is small so you can only fit so much in that footprint.
For every customer they have different expectations.
We’re not going to design a 40k backyard in a million plus dollar Home, and we’re not going to do a 200k plus backyard in a 350k home. Ultimately we’ll build what ever someone wants. But usually we take into account the area, the home value, the customers wants ( play Pool, lap Pool, cocktail Pool, traditional, holy shit wow factor, etc.... ) all combined influence the design idea put to paper. Then from that adjustments are made to make it all possible. Don’t be scared, get excited. Wait til you come home from work, river, ocatillo, turn on the spa from your phone. Weekends and summers hearing your kids laugh and play. Going in the backyard in the evening with a cocktail, and you n Cristen just relaxing listening to the water. With the lights in romance mode. It’s the same feelings the river and off-roading give you and the family. Except you don’t have to go anywhere to find it or enjoy it, it’s right out your back door. You scared still, lol

Lol. Wanted a swim up bar. It’s gonna have to be added later. [emoji22]

I worked in some of your wants n needs. But when Brie’s handing me the payments ultimately it’s what momma wants momma gets, lol

boatpi

Reaction score
Mellow, that's some pretty impressive work for you do my hats off to you.

I'm working on some basic designs my backyard at the new Las Vegas house looking to put in a reasonably large rock grotto like the TV show Insane pools, all natural stone. Although not too crazy!

if you look out the back of my house it's the red rock mountains, so I'm trying to re-create that general color of stone for the entire width of the pool along my rear property line. then of course the rock grotto overhanging the spa so you don't get cooked in the afternoon sun.

I've got a great pool contractor I've used in the past, can't beat his price but I know doing this rock work with grotto etc. are going to be beyond his scope.

Wonder if you happen to know anybody in the Las Vegas valley that does that type of HD stone/rock work.

we're looking at sometime next year.

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Mellow, that's some pretty impressive work for you do my hats off to you.

I'm working on some basic designs my backyard at the new Las Vegas house looking to put in a reasonably large rock grotto like the TV show Insane pools, all natural stone. Although not too crazy!

if you look out the back of my house it's the red rock mountains, so I'm trying to re-create that general color of stone for the entire width of the pool along my rear property line. then of course the rock grotto overhanging the spa so you don't get cooked in the afternoon sun.

I've got a great pool contractor I've used in the past, can't beat his price but I know doing this rock work with grotto etc. are going to be beyond his scope.

Wonder if you happen to know anybody in the Las Vegas valley that does that type of HD stone/rock work.

we're looking at sometime next year.

Isn’t moody the Vegas rock guy? Idk
If he’s the same one that was trying to help Steve he seemed pretty knowledgeable w rockwork. Not sure about real rock.
I know Ozzie Kraft does some very nice rock Pools in Vegas area.
The challenge is real rock. Very limited w guys that can do right and make it look natural. We’re doing one right now in Glendora. With a 60 long waterpark slide. I’ll post pics soon.
My rock guys are from glendora area and don’t travel, sorry

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
This is the real rock one we’re working on in Glendora. Hard to tell from pics. But those rocks are nearly 9ft tall above top pool ( about 15ft from top of rocks to lower play pool ) Top Pool entire depth is over 8ft so they can jump off rocks into pool. Top Pool is vanishing edge into lower play pool. And there is a commercial water park slide that is 60ft or something like that going from up behind rocks and dropping into the lower play pool. Pics at this point really don’t do this thing justice, it is hug. The upper pool is nearly the size of an average backyard pool
932A3F72-2155-4F22-8D45-E11AFF0EB527.jpeg
3B779684-3030-4581-891A-A844B1A43C7B.jpeg