WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

3rd Season of racing....

Kailuaboy89

Aloha Airliner
Reaction score
Thought I would post up some pics of my 3rd season of racing, I know its jet skis, but its been fun and in some of my pics I can be seen representing RDP! I am still racing all vintage skis, and plan on continuing as long as I can. I am in the "old guy" category, but continue to kick the young guns asses! we ran this past weekend at Elsinore in piss warm green water, but still a fun time!
IMG_5958.JPG
elsinore 2018 X2 stock.jpg
IMG_5953.JPG
IMG_5973.JPG
IMG_5974.PNG

Ended up with a second place on Saturday in X2 stock, and first place Sunday in X2 stock, and entered Open class on a stock ski and finished 3rd overall. not bad weekend and I covered every step of the podium LOL! I really appreciate the racing that Ross Wallach of RPM racing enterprises puts on, and all the hard work and dedication they put forth! I also thank my sponsors, ADD Racing, Jetinetics Pro Jet Sports, Solution Jet surf, and Doyle Cabinetry, I could not do it without them!

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
I wish I could help you out doooood. Most of my products are for the Yamaha 701 platform.

Thought I would post up some pics of my 3rd season of racing, I know its jet skis, but its been fun and in some of my pics I can be seen representing RDP! I am still racing all vintage skis, and plan on continuing as long as I can. I am in the "old guy" category, but continue to kick the young guns asses! we ran this past weekend at Elsinore in piss warm green water, but still a fun time!
View attachment 665539 View attachment 665540 View attachment 665541 View attachment 665542 View attachment 665543
Ended up with a second place on Saturday in X2 stock, and first place Sunday in X2 stock, and entered Open class on a stock ski and finished 3rd overall. not bad weekend and I covered every step of the podium LOL! I really appreciate the racing that Ross Wallach of RPM racing enterprises puts on, and all the hard work and dedication they put forth! I also thank my sponsors, ADD Racing, Jetinetics Pro Jet Sports, Solution Jet surf, and Doyle Cabinetry, I could not do it without them!

Kailuaboy89

Aloha Airliner
Reaction score
I wish I could help you out doooood. Most of my products are for the Yamaha 701 platform.
Aww thanks Brian! I have 2 Yamaha motors in the works, and I can run them in my X2 in open class, which is in the plans for next year, and I would love to come see your shop and check out some of the goodies you put out! Again thanks brother, we will talk!

Kailuaboy89

Aloha Airliner
Reaction score
IMG_5525.JPG
IMG_5460.JPG
IMG_5469.PNG
IMG_5472.PNG
Finished first overall at the inaugural Huntington Beach Moto surf in April, and swept all 4 motos Saturday and Sunday in X2 stock, and the 550 vintage class was a wash and I managed to eek out a top 10 out of 16 of the best riders in the world including Mark Gomez, and Tommy the Bomber Bonacci. not bad for an old guy in a young mans class LOL! but I had fun and it was a great event! I am looking forward to possibly 2 surf race events next year! again thanks to RPM Racing Enterprises and Ross Wallach and crew. this is by far the most fun I have ever had racing a jet ski!

Kailuaboy89

Aloha Airliner
Reaction score
That’s awesome. Doesn’t matter what your racing as long as you are having fun! And podium finishes always make it better
I agree completely! it is a blast, and I love racing, this is a new chapter for me, I raced motorcycles off road for 35 years, and in general I love racing. I can't and wont quit until I cant swing a leg over any longer lol! Thanks!

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
Grew up racing stand ups. That makes my back hurt just seeing the pics!
That’s awesome you are getting out there and getting it done! X2s were always a fun class. Made thousands of seats for them back in the day.

Kailuaboy89

Aloha Airliner
Reaction score
Grew up racing stand ups. That makes my back hurt just seeing the pics!
That’s awesome you are getting out there and getting it done! X2s were always a fun class. Made thousands of seats for them back in the day.
Funny you say that, my back will not put up with a lot of racing in the stand up class, especially vintage 550s! but for some reason the position on the X2 doesn't hurt me, and I am currently needing a seat for my other stock class project 89'X2 Lol! the 87' is going to be an open class boat for next year, I raced open class on a 750 powered X2 and it lit me up! I am definitely leaning into the open class now, and I just love the speed they get up to! Thanks man!

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
Funny you say that, my back will not put up with a lot of racing in the stand up class, especially vintage 550s! but for some reason the position on the X2 doesn't hurt me, and I am currently needing a seat for my other stock class project 89'X2 Lol! the 87' is going to be an open class boat for next year, I raced open class on a 750 powered X2 and it lit me up! I am definitely leaning into the open class now, and I just love the speed they get up to! Thanks man!
Yeah. The X2 was always the go to for a long day of just screwing around... until the Blaster came out. 750 in an X2 can definitely be a rocket. I may still have an MRD injection system for the 750 laying around, as well as a stroker crank. Only raced the stand ups though. Pretty sure that has something to do why I can’t stand up in the morning. Send your seat out to Jettrim and have it done right. I built pretty much every seat to go through that place between ‘90 and ‘96.

Kailuaboy89

Aloha Airliner
Reaction score
Yeah. The X2 was always the go to for a long day of just screwing around... until the Blaster came out. 750 in an X2 can definitely be a rocket. I may still have an MRD injection system for the 750 laying around, as well as a stroker crank. Only raced the stand ups though. Pretty sure that has something to do why I can’t stand up in the morning. Send your seat out to Jettrim and have it done right. I built pretty much every seat to go through that place between ‘90 and ‘96.
I see, that is awesome man! sorry your back is not treating you right, but yea stand up racing can be brutal! I will eventually have some moolah to do the seat right, and put it on my open class X2 for next year and put my good stock seat on the stock boat. Jettrim makes some awesome stuff!

Andy01

Reaction score
Holy shit man that is rad! Let me know when and where your racing again, love to come spectate and I’ll bring all kinds of rdp swag.

cakemoto

Reaction score
Where are you located? We ride out here in Phoenix at Lake Pleasant every Thursday at about 3 PM till dark

BasilHayden

Reaction score
Very cool, I love the old guy in a young mans class... Before I read that comment I wasnt thinking old but definately older than your competitors. Way to get it done old man.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Good Stuff, Congrats.
I used to ride in the surf on an old school 440 back in the late 80's early 90's out of O'side.

Kailuaboy89

Aloha Airliner
Reaction score
Good Stuff, Congrats.
I used to ride in the surf on an old school 440 back in the late 80's early 90's out of O'side.
oceanside is my regular fun zone, I rode in the waves for the first time with a friend about 20 years ago, I love the surf and I also started out there on a bone stock 440!

Kailuaboy89

Aloha Airliner
Reaction score
Where are you located? We ride out here in Phoenix at Lake Pleasant every Thursday at about 3 PM till dark
I am in North San Diego county, Escondido, I wish I was closer to the river or Havasu, I would be at Body Beach every day after work lol!

Kailuaboy89

Aloha Airliner
Reaction score
Very cool, I love the old guy in a young mans class... Before I read that comment I wasnt thinking old but definately older than your competitors. Way to get it done old man.
Thank you! I am only 48, but I have a friend that is 58, and he is still kicking ass too, and I only hope to be still doing it at that age!

Kailuaboy89

Aloha Airliner
Reaction score
Holy shit man that is rad! Let me know when and where your racing again, love to come spectate and I’ll bring all kinds of rdp swag.
Haha cool Andy! well the next race is in Perris Ca. August 11-12 it is the season finals for the west coast national series, then its on to Havasu for World Finals, if things continue slow, I will just be at world finals to spectate and support friends. but world finals is the first week of October. Thanks brotha!

jesco

Reaction score
Thats awesome, congrats. We put on a little "race" in our park every year "The Buoy Nationals" hahahaha. Bunch of over 40yr olds running 2 qualifying heats and a LCQ. Top 4 fastest times race in a 4 man, 5 lap race. It KICKS OUR ASSES!!!! hahaha. Im gonna miss this years, will be in Punta Cana. I won the first year, and 2nd or 3rd the next 3 years... Im gonna have you bring you in as my RINGER so I can get the trophy back at my house, hahaha.

Kailuaboy89

Aloha Airliner
Reaction score
Thats awesome, congrats. We put on a little "race" in our park every year "The Buoy Nationals" hahahaha. Bunch of over 40yr olds running 2 qualifying heats and a LCQ. Top 4 fastest times race in a 4 man, 5 lap race. It KICKS OUR ASSES!!!! hahaha. Im gonna miss this years, will be in Punta Cana. I won the first year, and 2nd or 3rd the next 3 years... Im gonna have you bring you in as my RINGER so I can get the trophy back at my house, hahaha.
Let me know! that would be awesome! sounds like a great fun time!

jesco

Reaction score
Let me know! that would be awesome! sounds like a great fun time!

I will, its usually in mid Aug on a Friday so the buoys dont cause any issues out in the middle of the river (we use anchors with real buoys, NOT cut up noodles, chains and locks... and we pull them after the race). I have a place down in Blythe, so usually on a Friday that late in the season the waters low and no boats are out. Its a good time, we use to get a taco guy from in town to come set up and make tacos, but last year we just BBQ'ed dogs and burgers. Running mostly old school skis, 440s and 550s, and I have a 750. One guy just bought the new SX R and thinks he's racing that, but he's crazy. Its a lot of fun, we keep saying we need to throw in a tire jump or two.. but thats usually said after the race and a few cocktails, hahahaha.

Kailuaboy89

Aloha Airliner
Reaction score
I will, its usually in mid Aug on a Friday so the buoys dont cause any issues out in the middle of the river (we use anchors with real buoys, NOT cut up noodles, chains and locks... and we pull them after the race). I have a place down in Blythe, so usually on a Friday that late in the season the waters low and no boats are out. Its a good time, we use to get a taco guy from in town to come set up and make tacos, but last year we just BBQ'ed dogs and burgers. Running mostly old school skis, 440s and 550s, and I have a 750. One guy just bought the new SX R and thinks he's racing that, but he's crazy. Its a lot of fun, we keep saying we need to throw in a tire jump or two.. but thats usually said after the race and a few cocktails, hahahaha.
Im in if I can get free! I have season finals at Perris August 11-12 but after that its on! :D

milkmoney

Reaction score
Haha cool Andy! well the next race is in Perris Ca. August 11-12 it is the season finals for the west coast national series, then its on to Havasu for World Finals, if things continue slow, I will just be at world finals to spectate and support friends. but world finals is the first week of October. Thanks brotha!
How come u won't go to world finals in havasu and when is it. Did I miss something? [emoji202]

Edit. First week of October, correct

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

bagged97taco

Reaction score
Why not racing the finals?

Kailuaboy89

Aloha Airliner
Reaction score
So here is my LAM finale to the 2018 race season, I managed to take two 2nd place finishes at the Perris finals, and that was enough to clinch the West coast national championship for my run in the X2 stock class for this season. I am really stoked, and very happy to have had such awesome support from my sponsors, and I am looking forward to the 2019 race season, and a run in the open X2 class, and I want to terrorize those guys in that class! I'm 48 going on 22 and I am ready!
IMG_6145.JPG
IMG_6207.JPG
IMG_6208.JPG
IMG_6209.JPG
IMG_6211.JPG
IMG_6178.JPG

Headless hula

I’ve found boating heaven in Florida!
Reaction score
I bet you could give "Larry Enticer" a run in the vintage snowmobile classes....

J/k man. That's BADASS!!!

Kailuaboy89

Aloha Airliner
Reaction score
What do you need from a sponsor? I'd be into that?

RD
I am up for anything anyone is willing to offer RD, I know money is tight with businesses', but apparel, parts, and things like that are very welcome, and I am happy to run decals, and represent the sponsors in the most professional way I can, and also help to promote their products or business in any way I can. sponsors are the only way I can continue to do this. I will stop by when world finals are in town, and talk to you. I am open to anything! and RDP would be a great sponsor to have! :D

jesco

Reaction score
CONGRATS!!!! Thats awesome. Im gonna have the best "ringer" for Buoy Nationals next year!!! hahahaha

WAAZ

Reaction score
IMG_1235.JPG
Viva la X2! I've never done any organized racing but I've raced buddies around a course. Much more physically demanding than I imagined. Good for you man, that's awesome!
Mine - '93 w/800, blaster limited etc etc.