WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Head on at Topoc?

JayBreww

Reaction score
Guys from the station just called me to see where I’m at, they heard over the radio of two boats head on with missing occupants.
Any news?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

overdue

STARTING OVER
Reaction score
#DEVELOPING Police and medical are responding to a reported boat accident near the vicinity of Pirate’s Cove along the waterway.

Scanner traffic is reporting multiple people are in the water and helicopters have been dispatched to assist with search and rescue.

Preliminary information is 12 people involved with around 6 missing in the water.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Not surprising to hear unfortunately.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

djhartley2003

Reaction score
I hate hearing about accidents when you have friends that are there this weekend and they go up that way all the time. Good thoughts for all involved.

svlperry

Reaction score
Just got some info they found two still looking for four

overdue

STARTING OVER
Reaction score
ParkMoabi(Update): Total patient count is 12: 1 with life threatening injuries flown to @UMCSN, 6 moderate/non-life threatening, 6 minor injuries. 2 parties remain unaccounted for and presumed submerged.

Loo Dog

Reaction score
There’s still hope when presumed comes into play. Let’s all hope and pray this is one of those times.

Patyacht

Reaction score
40600210_2215206372046243_5971532647854243840_n.jpg

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Good to hear everyone is accounted for. Now let’s hope for a speedy recovery for those who were hurt.

Socalx09

Reaction score
So sad. Hope everyone will be ok. Sounds like the crash was at night is that correct?

Prayers

Hallett Dave

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
How the fuck do you have a head on collision?
Too fast to avoid and being inattentive by both of the drivers and the passengers?
No one needs to experience this situation.
I don't boat on big weekends.
Big money, big fast boats and big egos in a narrow section of the river are a recipe for disaster.
That is my opinion and I will stick to it.
Just because people have big money and big powered boats does not mean they have cart blanche on the water ways.
Wake the fuck up folks.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
Too fast to avoid and being inattentive by both of the drivers and the passengers?
Big money, big fast boats and big egos in a narrow section of the river are a recipe for disaster.
Just because people have big money and big powered boats does not mean they have cart blanche on the water ways.
Wake the fuck up folks.
That’s my thoughts WTF that pretty wide open area unless to to fucked up to drive x2

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Victims were three to five miles down stream? Who’s writing these articles?

HEY YOU

Reaction score
Does anyone know what kind of boats were involved? More then likely one of the parties were heading back towards Needles.

TITTIES AND BEER

Reaction score
Is it dark at 8 pm in that area ? If so light should have been on

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
never a story to wake up to. statement says "accounted for", I can't help assume that is a blanket statement not including the details of possible fatalities until maybe families are notified.

however as mentioned previously, I concur... don't boat in heavy congested areas on holiday weekends, I stopped running up river years ago on Saturdays will all the crazies headed to the pirate or topock period. lots less stressful and it only increases the odds for incidents, I prefer not be a statistic.

2Driver

Reaction score
Victims were three to five miles down stream? Who’s writing these articles?

Thats what I thought. That puts them floating to devils elbow wtf. Press releases aren't written by people that actully go outside, they are academia keyboard scholars

LOL read the AZ Tourism board's booklet on things to do in AZ. “ if you love kayaking and isolation then Parker is the town for you”.

Last edited:

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Wake the fuck up folks.

You ain't going to hit them HD,, but they'll hit you.
No boating nor duneing on big weekends.
Their are some drunk MoFk'ers out there.
Just add blow and they think they're Iron man Stewart.

Last edited:

rvrrun

Reaction score
There’s still hope when presumed comes into play. Let’s all hope and pray this is one of those times.
Unless "presumed" is followed by "submerged".

I hate these threads.

Taboma

Reaction score
Since there's two or three threads going --- I'll post this here as well --- Mohave County Sheriffs update about 25 min ago
Mohave county sheriffs.JPG

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
Never a good thing when the local news station picks up a body crash. Lady started saying “the boat wasn’t even on the right side of the river!”

riverroyal

Reaction score
10 people on the Hallet is a bunch. Maybe blocked the drivers vision.

rvrrun

Reaction score
95F1F58B-6BFB-4BA7-BA26-FD8EF8F41961.jpeg
It’s sad that this type of news is all the local channels see fit to run.

New to boating

Reaction score
Remarkably small amount of information about this accident on this forum considering the intensity of concentration of people frequenting here and the location of the accident but seems to be the trend with recent fatal accidents. Very curious why there has not been a responsible, productive conversation about the M35 accident Desert Storm, but nothing....not a word... Very sad deal but perhaps something to learn for the future?

As for the matter at hand if I understand it correctly.. 16 people on 2 boats (don't care about brand or size of boats) sounds like both boats on plane, in the river, at 8PM at night (totally dark or getting dark) on what is arguably the busiest weekend of the year..... sounds like a whole lot of "deck stacked against" a good outcome...

Hope the final outcome end up being better than it sounds like its going to be. I have seen threads here over the years about Holiday Weekends, dialing it back, extra careful or opting out entirely... sure reinforces those ideas....

riverroyal

Reaction score
Its was just on Kusi news in Sd. Same info. Can't believe it's on Sd news

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Remarkably small amount of information about this accident on this forum considering the intensity of concentration of people frequenting here and the location of the accident but seems to be the trend with recent fatal accidents. Very curious why there has not been a responsible, productive conversation about the M35 accident Desert Storm, but nothing....not a word... Very sad deal but perhaps something to learn for the future?

As for the matter at hand if I understand it correctly.. 16 people on 2 boats (don't care about brand or size of boats) sounds like both boats on plane, in the river, at 8PM at night (totally dark or getting dark) on what is arguably the busiest weekend of the year..... sounds like a whole lot of "deck stacked against" a good outcome...

Hope the final outcome end up being better than it sounds like its going to be. I have seen threads here over the years about Holiday Weekends, dialing it back, extra careful or opting out entirely... sure reinforces those ideas....
Well, the accident happened last night, while most people on this forum were either in the Channel, at home, out to dinner or at the RDP party. All we can rely on is the information provided by the various news outlets and authorities. Unless someone was there and witnessed it then what other information do you want??

And within regards to the DS crash, the 3 people who were in the boat and witnessed it are deceased. Should we start a conversation with a bunch of assumptions about what happened? Hell no.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Spot

Reaction score
Prayers for all involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TITTIES AND BEER

Reaction score
Wasn’t one of our forum members part of search/ rescue ? He had a manequin that he would toss in the river and track, find it with sonar? For practice. I sold him a gym once

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
Just got into Havasu, saw a PD boat searching as we crossed the river on the 40..
Sad

instagator

Reaction score
Wake the fuck up folks.
Very few big fast boats out there this weekend, this isn't desert storm

Springfield

Reaction score
Neighbors 21 year old SIL was onboard one of the boats, she is in good condition at the hospital this morning. Sad sad happening, best wishes to all involved and their families.