WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Anyone delete their LML duramax? Get in here

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
I semi recently did the delete and tune on my 13’ omg why oh why i didn’t do it sooner. I went with the Kory Willis EFILive +60hp from PPEI delete and trash alllllll the def crap and the egr, straight pipe from the downpipe to the rear tail section which is the MagnaFlow twisted duals in black. Nothing about it i don’t like however think I’m going to have them switch it to the hiss tune, seems most don’t like it but i prefer it over the rumble tune personally

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
I semi recently did the delete and tune on my 13’ omg why oh why i didn’t do it sooner. I went with the Kory Willis EFILive +60hp from PPEI delete and trash alllllll the def crap and the egr, straight pipe from the downpipe to the rear tail section which is the MagnaFlow twisted duals in black. Nothing about it i don’t like however think I’m going to have them switch it to the hiss tune, seems most don’t like it but i prefer it over the rumble tune personally
How’s the mpg?

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
How’s the mpg?

I left the front alone, and went to a 3” lowering shackle in the rear with 275/70r18’s and removed the little 1” lip that was under the front bumper i got 14.7-15.1 on the road whether in town or on the road that’s just what it averaged out to. But towing (boat or buggy) was 13.7!
I’ve taken it to Vegas a few times as well to Phoenix this weekend and am seeing a Max of 21 but averaging 19.1. I’m planning to do the tcm tune soon as well i have all the intercooler pipes that need installed one day when i have time. I only did the 60hp as i don’t want to worry about the cp4 or trans etc and was ultimately chasing mpg and am happy so far.
31D063D7-5E80-4C20-B94E-663496628484.jpeg

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
I left the front alone, and went to a 3” lowering shackle in the rear with 275/70r18’s and removed the little 1” lip that was under the front bumper i got 14.7-15.1 on the road whether in town or on the road that’s just what it averaged out to. But towing (boat or buggy) was 13.7!
I’ve taken it to Vegas a few times as well to Phoenix this weekend and am seeing a Max of 21 but averaging 19.1. I’m planning to do the tcm tune soon as well i have all the intercooler pipes that need installed one day when i have time. I only did the 60hp as i don’t want to worry about the cp4 or trans etc and was ultimately chasing mpg and am happy so far.
View attachment 683653
Make sure you install a lift pump, any drop in fuel volume will result in a Change Fuel Filter message on the dash and drain the fuel rails, it's a potential fuel pump grenade scenario. A tune will require additional fuel and the CP4 can't handle the volume of fuel needed while maintaining 29,000 psi when you nail the loud pedal. At $800 it's cheap insurance.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Make sure you install a lift pump, any drop in fuel volume will result in a Change Fuel Filter message on the dash and drain the fuel rails, it's a potential fuel pump grenade scenario. A tune will require additional fuel and the CP4 can't handle the volume of fuel needed while maintaining 29,000 psi when you nail the loud pedal. At $800 it's cheap insurance.
Do you need the lift pump when only running a +60hp tow tune?

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
Do you need the lift pump when only running a +60hp tow tune?
The CP4 cant draw fuel from the tank any additional volume other than what it disigned to put draw - so any additional volume of fuel needed would put a strain on the CP4. Also make sure you run a diesel fuel treatment now that your DPF is gone now (since they add more regens) to keep your CP4 lubricated - I use Optilube XPD at every tank at a rate of 1oz. to every 4 gallons.

But that's just me.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
The CP4 cant draw fuel from the tank any additional volume other than what it disigned to put draw - so any additional volume of fuel needed would put a strain on the CP4. Also make sure you run a diesel fuel treatment now that your DPF is gone now (since they add more regens) to keep your CP4 lubricated - I use Optilube XPD at every tank at a rate of 1oz. to every 4 gallons.

But that's just me.
Hmm and the guys at PPEI sell those and said no it would be a waste of money with what all i was planning (bolt on items (intercooler pipes, full EGR and cold air intake) and 60hp only) so idk

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
Hmm and the guys at PPEI sell those and said no it would be a waste of money with what all i was planning (bolt on items (intercooler pipes, full EGR and cold air intake) and 60hp only) so idk
Because when your fuel system eats itself they're hoping you bring it to them to repair and then they'll sell you a lift pump (just to make sure it doesn't happen again). It's only 60 additional horsepower, but 60 hp more than your CP4 was designed to supply. IMHO, you should have spent the money on the lift pump and not the downpipe and CAI. The factory airbox/filter design has been proven more than substantial up to 600+ hp and unless you run serious power while towing the downpipe won't make any difference. But again that's me. I spent months researching prior to deleting my truck to see what works and what doesn't.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Because when your fuel system eats itself they're hoping you bring it to them to repair and then they'll sell you a lift pump (just to make sure it doesn't happen again). It's only 60 additional horsepower, but 60 hp more than your CP4 was designed to supply. IMHO, you should have spent the money on the lift pump and not the downpipe and CAI. The factory airbox/filter design has been proven more than substantial up to 600+ hp and unless you run serious power while towing the downpipe won't make any difference. But again that's me. I spent months researching prior to deleting my truck to see what works and what doesn't.
So what pump would you suggest?

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
So what pump would you suggest?

I run a Fass Titanium 150, Airdog is another popular brand. Kennedy makes filterless lift pumps.

The only drawback to a lift pump is after about 1/8 of a tank, because they pull so much fuel, they will start to suck air and you'll run out of fuel even though the tank says you have a little less than 1/8 of a tank. To avoid that issue you can drill a hole the bottom of your tank and install a sump, but I have a hard time drilling 3" hole in the bottom of a perfectly good fuel tank. But a sump will also quiet down the lift pump. If you do the sump, you need to put a 1/4-turn ball valve in line between the sump and the lift pump otherwise when you change the lift pump filters fuel will continue to flow out since you're drawing fuel from the bottom of the tank now instead of the top.

I'm not running a sump, after running out of fuel twice I am more diligent about refueling after a 1/4 tank and haven't had any issues since then.
Besides, if you ever decide to increase your hp output all you have to do is flash the tune to your truck's ECM and you're ready to go.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Order placed!
4" downpipe-back exhaust (with muffler), and an Autocal loaded with 4 EFI Live tunes. Gonna throw the 60hp tune on there and leave it, monitor rail pressure with my EFI live and see what it does towing, WOT, etc. If it's good, it's good. If not, lift pump will be considered.
Thread with photos to follow...

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
If you guys do delete consider someway to monitor your exhaust gas temps as well as your fuel rail pressures. Usually around Black Friday a lot of diesel performance shops will have a sale on the Edge Insight CTS monitors. You can watch up to 9 parameters on one screen or go to a graphic screen and monitor 5 items on gauges and 2 items digitally. You can pull codes and clear them as well.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score

Any knowledge or better yet experience with the Kennedy pump? Reading about it, not only way cheaper but seems safer really.

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
I can't offer any knowledge on the Kennedy pump as the majority of the deleted guys on the diesel forums are running the Fass or AirDog lift pumps.

Last edited:

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
I can't offer any knowledge on the Kennedy pump as the majority of the deleted guys on the diesel forums are running the Fass or AirDog lift pumps.
My buddy just did the Kennedy yesterday, my issue is i love to run well past the E light I’ve never ran out in any of my diesels but I’m lazy and hate time at the pumps so i prefer to go from E light to the fuel about to poor out the filler neck

ramos45

Reaction score
I have the single Kennedy pump for about 2 months now and no complaints. I don't hear a thing and it supplies enough pressure to help me find where I was losing prime. I recommend the kennedy however, I 'm still running the stock fuel filter assembly.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
I have the single Kennedy pump for about 2 months now and no complaints. I don't hear a thing and it supplies enough pressure to help me find where I was losing prime. I recommend the kennedy however, I 'm still running the stock fuel filter assembly.

Did you add a second inline (near pump) filter? Seems most I’ve seen that’s how they do it and what I’m reading the issues with this horrible CP4 is the lack of filtration leading into it.
Also do you run your tank low or are you a 1/4 tank filler? I prefer to wait till it’s almost too late then fill up and seems some do not like that idea with a lift pump.

ramos45

Reaction score
Did you add a second inline (near pump) filter? Seems most I’ve seen that’s how they do it and what I’m reading the issues with this horrible CP4 is the lack of filtration leading into it.
Also do you run your tank low or are you a 1/4 tank filler? I prefer to wait till it’s almost too late then fill up and seems some do not like that idea with a lift pump.

I have an LMM so I can't speak to the CP4, I was responding to the Kennedy lift pump post.

After extensive online research, speaking to Kennedy and reading Kennedy's tips I opted not to add a second filtration device. I see this topic as similar to cold air intakes, the stock system is good enough but we do like to mod our trucks then swear we gained HP and MPG's, lol. back on topic, I'm running one pump by the tank and stock filter but with Dmax Store aftermarket filter head which eliminates the fuel heater (that's where I was losing prime).

As for fuel level, I have the dreaded issue of truck thinking it's empty at 11 gal used. in town I typically fill up when the DIC says between 20-24 gals used. When towing the TT between 18-24 so I guess it rarely sees the bottom 25% of tank.

ramos45

Reaction score
I did read that this pump ran dry will self destruct. After install it's recommended to drive the truck a few miles without the pump plugged in order to establish the initial prime. Not sure if that's necessary if the tank runs dry but seems it would be as such. Cool thing is now when I change fuel filter I don't have to prime with bulb, I can now push the button on the lift pump control module and it spins the pump to push fuel through the system.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
I have an LMM so I can't speak to the CP4, I was responding to the Kennedy lift pump post.

After extensive online research, speaking to Kennedy and reading Kennedy's tips I opted not to add a second filtration device. I see this topic as similar to cold air intakes, the stock system is good enough but we do like to mod our trucks then swear we gained HP and MPG's, lol. back on topic, I'm running one pump by the tank and stock filter but with Dmax Store aftermarket filter head which eliminates the fuel heater (that's where I was losing prime).

As for fuel level, I have the dreaded issue of truck thinking it's empty at 11 gal used. in town I typically fill up when the DIC says between 20-24 gals used. When towing the TT between 18-24 so I guess it rarely sees the bottom 25% of tank.
My truck also has around 10 gallons when the low fuel light comes on

ramos45

Reaction score
My truck also has around 10 gallons when the low fuel light comes on

I'm other way around, my truck warns low fuel/empty at 10-11 gallons used. Chimes, low fuel light and gauge are on empty but I know I'm not even halfway through the tank. It's a known issue that would require a tank drop to fix so I just deal with it until I get the Titan 52gal tank.

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
I'm running a Fass 150 and at about a little under 1/8 of a tank with the light on the truck just quit. The first time I made a hard turn, then the second time it just quit while I was sitting at light on my way to go fill up. Now once it drops under a 1/4 tank I fill up now and have not had any issues since. But if it does happen to you and you use AAA Roadside Assistance, make sure you tell them that you need DIESEL as they don't carry it on their trucks and they'll have some lame excuse for not being able to get any. Ask me how I know.

Cdog

Reaction score
I'm other way around, my truck warns low fuel/empty at 10-11 gallons used. Chimes, low fuel light and gauge are on empty but I know I'm not even halfway through the tank. It's a known issue that would require a tank drop to fix so I just deal with it until I get the Titan 52gal tank.

I’ve had the Titan 52 in my 06 Duramax for years and love it. I’ll get a little air from slosh at a little under a 1/4 tanks which should be about 20 gallons in the tank. Only an issue when on a up hill incline or backing out then forward.

I’ll be doing head gaskets this winter. Going to add the kennedy twin lift pumps, filter, new turbo, new cp3, ppe exhaust manifolds & up pipes and water pump while im there.

D19

Reaction score

I miss hitting the remote start on my truck and hearing it hiss from the driveway. It would still have that occasional rumble.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Does this look too obvious to drive home on the freeway?

CFB8C43A-78AF-42C2-9B2D-2EB8E24413B9.jpeg

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
What did you put in its place? 4" or 5"? Cat back or downpipe back? Did you use a muffler or the FTE resonator?
Went with a 4” down pipe - back Flo-Pro exhaust, has a 12” muffler mounted mid-ship. Sounds pretty good, not too loud which is what I wanted. A little drone around 1500 rpm but not much. At WOT on the 70hp tow tune it barks pretty good

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Anyone do anything new and fun to there LML’s? Getting ready to do a turbo and CP3 conversion, my guy wants me to do the FASS platinum as well but i still love draining the tank cause I’m lazy. Any new updates on lift pumps?

MisplacedSooner

Reaction score
I installed a FASS titanium 165 and have been happy. I can now run my tune at the top now if I wanted to, I just keep it at two or three depending on if towing or not. Luckily I have a LMM and when my fuel pump gernaded on me I didn't have to drop the fuel tank or mess with the fuel rails. I've been told on the LML if it happens you would have to do all of that. That would be pricey.

Cdog

Reaction score
I sold my 06 Lbz on Friday with 217k miles for 21.5k.

My 2021 f350 platinum is now in route to my dealer in Tx. It’s been 15 years since I had a new truck. I’m pretty stoked!!

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
I installed a FASS titanium 165 and have been happy. I can now run my tune at the top now if I wanted to, I just keep it at two or three depending on if towing or not. Luckily I have a LMM and when my fuel pump gernaded on me I didn't have to drop the fuel tank or mess with the fuel rails. I've been told on the LML if it happens you would have to do all of that. That would be pricey.
Yea the LML explosion is like 10k from everything I’ve heard. Was discussing the FASS165 and sump, he quoted me 1k installed. He’s going to get the info together for a quote in doing the Fleece CP3k kit as well then I’ll decide what to do next.
Plum Nasty Performance in Kingman, he does awesome work specializes in Duramax but does them all.
76C46DC1-DC9B-4E40-95F9-6D3F948BDD28.png

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
What years are the cp3 trucks?

I have a 2013. Did the edge cts with insight 50 state set up as I didn’t want to delete. Truck only has 60k miles.just installed it but plan on just leaving it on the tow setting. Which is 75hp

NicPaus

Reaction score
My 2015s have the Cp4. Remodeling my Friend bathroom currently. He is doing 2 cp3 swaps at work currently and adding lift pump. Going to see how much to do mine.

Justsomeguy

Reaction score
What years are the cp3 trucks?

I have a 2013. Did the edge cts with insight 50 state set up as I didn’t want to delete. Truck only has 60k miles.just installed it but plan on just leaving it on the tow setting. Which is 75hp
All duramax before 2011 ran a cp3.

I have been doing a full refresh on the front end of mine. She needed it. Wheel hubs were starting to go. Inner tie rods had seen better days. Just decided to refresh it all while I was at it. Went with kryptonite for just about everything I replaced.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
All duramax before 2011 ran a cp3.

I have been doing a full refresh on the front end of mine. She needed it. Wheel hubs were starting to go. Inner tie rods had seen better days. Just decided to refresh it all while I was at it. Went with kryptonite for just about everything I replaced.

So in he no worries on my 2013?

Justsomeguy

Reaction score
So in he no worries on my 2013?
I shouldn't say be worried. Some say the problem is way over blown. But its always in the back of my mind. I run an air dog lift pump and change filters religiously. Get fuel from mostly the same locations. I put lubrication in my tanks. But its always in the back of my mind. I looked into the cp3 a few weeks ago.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
I shouldn't say be worried. Some say the problem is way over blown. But its always in the back of my mind. I run an air dog lift pump and change filters religiously. Get fuel from mostly the same locations. I put lubrication in my tanks. But its always in the back of my mind. I looked into the cp3 a few weeks ago.

Seems parts for a CP3 good for 450rwhp is about 1500$ good for 600rwhp is 1900$ and over that is from 2100-4000$. The CP3k from Fleece is a Bosch pump and their brackets, and has awesome reviews.

Justsomeguy

Reaction score
Seems parts for a CP3 good for 450rwhp is about 1500$ good for 600rwhp is 1900$ and over that is from 2100-4000$. The CP3k from Fleece is a Bosch pump and their brackets, and has awesome reviews.

The problem i ran into was i can no longer get updated calibrations. So, if I wanted to run a stroked cp3 I need all new calibrations and a few other things. I think if I stick with the stock cp3 conversion with no tuning required I might get away with the calibrations I have and the reliability of the cp3