WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Head on at Topoc?

rrrr

Reaction score
My thoughts are with Raegan's family and friends every time I see there has been a new post in this thread.

Last edited:

USClb41

Reaction score
Weird to say but maybe the storm will allow her to be found, anything to offer some closure for the family. My thoughts and prayers to anyone who knew this beautiful person.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
I continue to hope and pray she is soon returned to her family. I can't even imagine how much they need that. She is with them in spirit. They know that.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I continue to hope and pray she is soon returned to her family. I can't even imagine how much they need that. She is with them in spirit. They know that.
It is harsh, no matter who you are, or your belief system. No two people handle loss the same. If I lost a child, I have no idea the grief I'd feel. Knowing roughly where their body rests, but not able to recover it, probably worse than not knowing at all. I guess it's a sliding scale, but it all sucks. The only person who knows is the one feeling it.

3queens

Detachable Member
Reaction score
I for one hope that anyone of you locals see or run into the peeps looking for her
Fill up there trucks ,cars ,boats and belly's
they are a none profit org .... and not forget those that haven't stopped looking
Sure hope they find her

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Hoping for a miracle that they find her soon.

Headless hula

I’ve found boating heaven in Florida!
Reaction score
Give the cheesehead some time to do his work. I've followed this thread since the beginning. I've had a pit in my gut since the beginning.

Leave the man whose dedicated his life to recovering lost family members to his work.

If you happen to run across him, dont hesitate to toss some cash his way.

He doesn't do this for a profit. He does it to honor his brother.

http://www.bruceslegacy.com/

Look guys, I'm 31 hours away. I've read this thread everytime theres a new post, and it breaks my heart. I hope and pray that she can be laid to rest soon.
Unless you have first hand knowledge of a recovery, PLEASE refrain from posting anything but well wishes for her recovery.

Seriously guys? Coyotes and vultures?
What if this was your kid/loved one.

Holy shit.

Last edited:

buck35

Reaction score
I finally got the nerve to ask the neighbor about this and the first recovered was connected to his wife . This is especially tragic to them as they lost their son in a drowning accident a little more than a year ago. :(

Headless hula

Reaction score
I finally got the nerve to ask the neighbor about this and the first recovered was connected to his wife . This is especially tragic to them as they lost their son in a drowning accident a little more than a year ago. :(
Exactly.

I'm here to tell ya....

Sometimes theres 2 levers in life.

Lever "a",

And lever fuckin b.........

This is a prime example of a "lever "B" situation.

Let this kid be laid to rest. Enough speculation and hearsay.

rrrr

Reaction score
It is harsh, no matter who you are, or your belief system. No two people handle loss the same. If I lost a child, I have no idea the grief I'd feel. Knowing roughly where their body rests, but not able to recover it, probably worse than not knowing at all. I guess it's a sliding scale, but it all sucks. The only person who knows is the one feeling it.

A friend of mine lost his brother in 2010. He was competing in the Gordon Bennett Trophy race, and his balloon went down in the Adriatic Sea during a thunderstorm. The family had a memorial service about ten days later, as the chances of finding the submerged balloon and basket somewhere in the sea between Italy and Greece were tiny.

Several weeks after the memorial service, a fishing boat snagged the balloon in its nets, and they were able to bring him home. The funeral was difficult, the raw wounds were opened again, but I was so relieved for the family that they could lay him to rest instead of not knowing.

Raegan's family needs that closure, and I'm praying they are able to find her soon.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
In reading the last few posts, and some previous, I have something to put out there. Boating in SoCal and Az is a fairly tight group. When you're on the water you may not see someone you know, but I put odds on seeing someone that knows someone in common. What I'm trying to say is this, there may be people lurking around this thread that aren't speaking up, because it's too close to home. There may be people like me, that found this thread as the most accurate source of info available. People visiting the site, just for this reason.
What I guess I'm trying to say is this, imagine if it were your sister or daughter. If you're a young guy, and have trouble with that, imagine it was your girlfriend. Like I said before, don't loose sight of reality. We are talking about a human, a person, a daughter, a sister...a girl named Raegan. I have no idea who she is, or was. I know she is about the same age my wife was when we got married. Odd perspective, but really it's about the time life gets started.
OK, off my damn soap box. I'm not the touchy-feely hippie type. Hell, I'm not even that nice a guy. It's just this whole thing struck a nerve with me. I guess having kids makes you soft in some ways, yet hardened and more cynical in others.

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
IMG_5117.jpg

Sheriffs boats out looking with dogs today...

707dog

Reaction score
like other i keep checking this thread for a update to help her family find the closure the whole thing is crazy

Last edited:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Unofficial sighting of the Bruce's Legacy group at Site 6 in Havasu, yesterday afternoon. I hope that they wanted to launch there, and not for the free ramp. That is a whole lot of surface to cover, but I'm sure they know currents and patterns of water flow much better than I can grasp. I hope they succeed, and I hope our foul weather out here doesn't hinder them too much.

JD D05

Reaction score

Really? Let's pretend it's your daughter that's missing. These posts were all made in the last week.

These aren't disrespectful to the family?

Posts like those below contribute nothing to the conversation. I'm not thin skinned, and I don't seek censorship, it's compassion.

It is normal today man. I dont like it either but people are addicted to it. It is what it is. This is more distracting than anything else and now I am contributing.

I hope she has been found.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
From what I have read about Bruce's Legacy, they will find possible targets. Depending on situations with governing bodies, such as law enforcement, they may do locating, but not retrieval. The police boats may have been investigating one of said targets. I think in some scenarios, as with Tahoe, they may be better equipped with an ROV for depths, and worked with sheriffs up there. As a whole, it gets to be difficult with private parties working alongside government. Just different rules, not attitudes. I would think all want the same for the families involved.

As for "Thinned Skinned" or whatnot, I am with rrrr on this one. I am in the small group that can say, with honesty, "Been there, Done that". I've seen the before, during and after of some horrid things. We, as a whole I think, just want this to come to an end. If you are a person who has spent time on the river with both your parents, and your kids, the river is a different place. If you only go to the river to hang out and drink, it's a different place than the river I go to these days. Both groups want this over. The parental types for the closure and a chance for several broken families to move on. The other group won't launch again until spring, and this will be ancient history. Some will show respect, and some won't even be aware of any disrespect. Different people, different thoughts... just my 2 cents.

buck35

Reaction score
From what I have read about Bruce's Legacy, they will find possible targets. Depending on situations with governing bodies, such as law enforcement, they may do locating, but not retrieval. The police boats may have been investigating one of said targets. I think in some scenarios, as with Tahoe, they may be better equipped with an ROV for depths, and worked with sheriffs up there. As a whole, it gets to be difficult with private parties working alongside government. Just different rules, not attitudes. I would think all want the same for the families involved.

As for "Thinned Skinned" or whatnot, I am with rrrr on this one. I am in the small group that can say, with honesty, "Been there, Done that". I've seen the before, during and after of some horrid things. We, as a whole I think, just want this to come to an end. If you are a person who has spent time on the river with both your parents, and your kids, the river is a different place. If you only go to the river to hang out and drink, it's a different place than the river I go to these days. Both groups want this over. The parental types for the closure and a chance for several broken families to move on. The other group won't launch again until spring, and this will be ancient history. Some will show respect, and some won't even be aware of any disrespect. Different people, different thoughts... just my 2 cents.

Well said.

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
IMG_5124.JPG

A LOT of police presence and dive boat, along with the Bruce’s legacy boat at the southern end of the northern no wake zone. When they left they hauled ass through the rest of the no wake zone.

We hope they found her.

Headless hula

Reaction score
Please let the next post in this thread be a link to the mcsd site saying she's been recovered.

:(

Godspeed young lady.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
I know what I went through and I saw first hand what the family members went through when my friends were in the water for 6-8 days....I can't even imagine what her family and friends feel after over a month. I pray they found her today. if anybody will find her it will Bruce's Legacy. I look at this thread daily hoping...

77hallett

Reaction score
People mad about talking about the stages of decomposition.... Mod editing: Just thinning some of the gruesomeness conversation down some is all...See added notes by a forum moderator in post number #587 for further details...Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Past over the bridge about 6pm. Saw about 6 patrol/search boats at the opening of Topock in the middle
of the river.

rrrr

Reaction score
People mad about talking about the stages of decomposition.

I'm not mad about it. I think it's insensitive...

Mod Edit: Just thinning this detailed conversation down some as points have been made to where most that are following this topic know where most stand on compassion to all involved.
There's not much need to keep going into gruesome details of "what if" this far down in the thread especially with the posts above already removed at the request of many members and debates by RDP forum moderators....Lets try to keep this thread updated with what's going on and compassionate notes of hopes the situation concludes as soon as possible.

Thanks all...

Last edited by a moderator:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I have not heard any news except what you all have heard. It does sound to me they have found something of interest. It is possible they may have done some dives, given the amount of time in the areas in question. It is also very possible that they could have been waiting for sundown, to do what needs to be done, with less curious eyes around them. We'll see what happens through the night, and see what news the morning brings. It is normally "Hope for the best, expect the worst." We all know the worst has transpired...quite some time ago. Now we just hope for an ending.

highvoltagehands

Laveycraft Nuera 2750
Reaction score
If she was found, I doubt the dive teams would wait until dark to execute retrieval to avoid curious eyes.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Thank you for adding moderator comments to my post.
I'm in agreement with whichever mod was awake at 12:30am.
Didn't need to quote the very thing you were seeking to abolish(which I agree with too).

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
When the time is right,a memorial service and permenent memorial in place at site will help bring closure for the families.No Doubt this thread is a go to site for the families for news,we need keep in mind we are not investigating.All of that is in good hands.

Mototrig

Reaction score
I am one of the bunch who have joined RDP to follow this very thread. It is the best source of good info I have found for most anything river related. I visit Topoc 2-3 times each river trip and was there just the weekend before. I was also aircrew for the US Coast Guard helicopter search and rescue years ago, hence my concerns for finding closure for the families.
I find myself drawn to the lounge now at least once per day because I enjoy the interactions and topics you all cover. Bottom line is I came here for the intell and I'm staying for the lounge talk.

Rest in peace to all souls lost in the drink, and peace be with their families.

Kailuaboy89

Aloha Airliner
Reaction score
I sincerely hope she is found soon, and the family has closure, I was up in needles Saturday and could not help but think about raegan, and her family and what they must be experiencing. it makes me sad.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I am one of the bunch who have joined RDP to follow this very thread. It is the best source of good info I have found for most anything river related. I visit Topoc 2-3 times each river trip and was there just the weekend before. I was also aircrew for the US Coast Guard helicopter search and rescue years ago, hence my concerns for finding closure for the families.
I find myself drawn to the lounge now at least once per day because I enjoy the interactions and topics you all cover. Bottom line is I came here for the intell and I'm staying for the lounge talk.

Rest in peace to all souls lost in the drink, and peace be with their families.
If you look at my join date, it too was after this wreck. I was one those who looked here for info. I had been hesitant to join RDP until recently. I am not a social media person. I was afraid this place was populated by baller wannabes, bragging about dollars spent and booze consumed. After reading the thread, I decided to join. I read through, and saw what was written, and a genuine concern. I was looking for info because I didn't know who and what...I was happy it wasn't groups I knew, then a bit sad when I realized relief for me, in no way changes the pain another feels.
This girl I never met is in my thoughts, as is a family I do not know. The season is over for some, but my family and I go throughout the year. We will probably be on the water this weekend...Pirate's north. I hope Bruce's Legacy can find her. I'm glad there are people with the drive and the talent to do jobs most could not.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
If you look at my join date, it too was after this wreck. I was one those who looked here for info. I had been hesitant to join RDP until recently. I am not a social media person. I was afraid this place was populated by baller wannabes, bragging about dollars spent and booze consumed. After reading the thread, I decided to join. I read through, and saw what was written, and a genuine concern. I was looking for info because I didn't know who and what...I was happy it wasn't groups I knew, then a bit sad when I realized relief for me, in no way changes the pain another feels.
This girl I never met is in my thoughts, as is a family I do not know. The season is over for some, but my family and I go throughout the year. We will probably be on the water this weekend...Pirate's north. I hope Bruce's Legacy can find her. I'm glad there are people with the drive and the talent to do jobs most could not.
Lots of amazing people on here. It blows me away sometimes. Belated Welcome to RDP, you sound like a good guy yourself sir. Hope she is found and the family can get closure as soon as possible

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
I will say this.

I was a bit reluctant to join because if you take a deep dive it gets ugly. If you just stay on the surface, communicate nicely, and ask intelligent questions, you will gain tremendous information. Stay away from the P&G section. That place ruins people!

I have made several friends from here, I rent houses from people here, I have dinner with people here, I have bought and sold stuff with people here, it really is a great resource and site. BUT I will say without question, the members here are more generous when someone is in need than any other place I have been a part of! RDP members just seem to get it!

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Lots of amazing people on here. It blows me away sometimes. Belated Welcome to RDP, you sound like a good guy yourself sir. Hope she is found and the family can get closure as soon as possible
I don't know if I consider myself a good guy. I'm better than I was, but not as good as I want to be...a work in progress.
I will say this.

I was a bit reluctant to join because if you take a deep dive it gets ugly. If you just stay on the surface, communicate nicely, and ask intelligent questions, you will gain tremendous information. Stay away from the P&G section. That place ruins people!

I have made several friends from here, I rent houses from people here, I have dinner with people here, I have bought and sold stuff with people here, it really is a great resource and site. BUT I will say without question, the members here are more generous when someone is in need than any other place I have been a part of! RDP members just seem to get it!

I'm not here for politics. That's what I like about this place, the common interest of water. A pretty diverse socioeconomic group...but we all have that in common.

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
I was afraid this place was populated by baller wannabes, bragging about dollars spent and booze consumed.

No that’s River Whips.

Same here, my family and I have been on the water the last 3 weekends straight, and will be again this weekend. She has absolutely been on our minds near the entire time. I catch my wife starting off at the shoreline often, then kind of looking back at our kids. Getting ‘caught’ behind the sheriff and Bruce’s Legacy boats last weekend really drove it home.

Hallett285

Reaction score
I will say this.

And if you ever need to borrow a car trailer just ask RD...

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk