WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

#1BADBEAST TEST & TUNE SESSION with REDLINE PERFORMANCE

cakemoto

Reaction score
He had Casey mears driving it New Years.

Mototrig

Reaction score
When will they compete again? Is there a Horsepower Wars planned for late 2019 season?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I'm kind of intrigued by these monster sand cars.. I know they build these things primarily to drag race, but it looks like they aren't really set up for drag racing.

Do these guys use these things to go cruise the dunes as well? Or do they pretty much just lay down the law at the impromptu drags?

RD

wallnutz

Reaction score
I'm kind of intrigued by these monster sand cars.. I know they build these things primarily to drag race, but it looks like they aren't really set up for drag racing.

Do these guys use these things to go cruise the dunes as well? Or do they pretty much just lay down the law at the impromptu drags?

RD
Jeff's Tatum is purpose built for the drags. The others actually do some duning, not much but some.

Englewood

Reaction score

RD

Not many of them. They will claim to be duners to keep their street cred, but they just go from Drags to Hill.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
They can dune, plenty of power to do so. It’s the gearing suspension and visibility they don’t have. Or it’s setup wrong to dune agressively.

Most of these guys have two cars. One for drag racing and one 1000 hp tt for duning.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
They can dune, plenty of power to do so. It’s the gearing suspension and visibility they don’t have. Or it’s setup wrong to dune agressively.

Most of these guys have two cars. One for drag racing and one 1000 hp tt for duning.

I'm wondering why they wouldn't push the motors further forward in the cars, and do some mild suspension changes to help put a lot more power to the ground? I understand wanting to keep it looking like a LT Rail, but I would think you could do a lot of things to get some big results and still keep that kind of style?

RD

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
I'm wondering why they wouldn't push the motors further forward in the cars, and do some mild suspension changes to help put a lot more power to the ground? I understand wanting to keep it looking like a LT Rail, but I would think you could do a lot of things to get some big results and still keep that kind of style?

RD
I’m no chassis builder but has to do a lot with the transaxle and cv angles they are currently running. Doing a mid engine with the transaxle in the rear instead of rear engine does make it better.

As far a weight distribution, they are running fuel cells, batteries and just about as much stuff as possible up front now

EmpirE231

Reaction score

RD

Blackzilla kind of did that, by going mid-engine... and was one of the fastest cars out there. They have been trying to cut lots of weight, just to add it back in, because they can't keep the front end down. A lot of them run fuel cells and batteries etc in the nose to help keep weight in the front, longer rear trailing arms to prevent wheelies etc... but at 2k+ hp... that front end wants to rise.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
I’m no chassis builder but has to do a lot with the transaxle and cv angles they are currently running. Doing a mid engine with the transaxle in the rear instead of rear engine does make it better.

As far a weight distribution, they are running fuel cells, batteries and just about as much stuff as possible up front now

Between Tatum, Racer and Alumicraft I’m more than sure we could think a lot and never come up with a better plan. They are the pro’s, they tried the mid engine, they’ve tried it all it also has to be able to handle the terrain at 150+ mph it’s not like a drag car on a flat prepped surface!

Last edited:

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
Between Tatum, Racer and Alumicraft I’m more than sure we could think a lot and never come up with a Breyer plan. They are the pro’s, they tried the mid engine, they’ve tried it all it also has to be able to handle the terrain at 150+ mph it’s not like a drag car on a flat prepped surface!

You mean we’re not going to revolutionize the rail world on RDP?

HitIt

Reaction score
Cool video. Can't same the same about the audio. Who likes that shit?