WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Dakar Rally

Wayn-o

Reaction score
and he is running them in the open car class rather than the UTV class.
Race all in Peru and shortened several days

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
and he is running them in the open car class rather than the UTV class.
Race all in Peru and shortened several days
Then how the hell can they call it the Dakar rally

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
They’ve been racing in South America since 2009...
You mean all the races in the desert I have seen over the past few years is in peru?

parker ed

Reaction score
TV broadcast? NBCSN?
Those looking to follow along with this year’s Dakar Rally have plenty of options. Alongside real-time online updates, Red Bull TV will share a daily update each day from January 6-17 at 7PM ET/4PM PT, while NBC Sports will air recaps after the completion of every stage as well.

Floatin'

Lurker Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Fishgistics is down there with Casey Curry Monster Energy Can Am reporting daily

Your ad here

Reaction score
I haven't seen this race on TV since the early 2000's. Those guys are tough and make the Baja look easy. Did they moved it to SA because of terrorism while racing in Africa? I do remember they would cancel some days due to terrorist threats.

SHOCKtheMONKEY

Reaction score
I haven't seen this race on TV since the early 2000's. Those guys are tough and make the Baja look easy. Did they moved it to SA because of terrorism while racing in Africa? I do remember they would cancel some days due to terrorist threats.
It's been televised every year...

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
You mean all the races in the desert I have seen over the past few years is in peru?

They left Africa due to things like civil war and shit...good times [emoji16]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

236eagledave

Reaction score
Looking for Ricky Brabec to to break thru this year in the bike class. He's won just about everything in the desert and its just a matter of time until he's on the box at Dakar.

DaveH

Reaction score
yes the race was moved to SA a while back due to threats to the race. However, I understand there is talk of it returning to Africa in 2020.

Yes, RG has entered SxS's in the open class. these things don't stand a chance against a traditional rally car. the big BUT is the fact that upwards of 80-90% of this particular race will be held in dunes where the SxS should excel.

should make for an interesting race and I will definitely be watching.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Redbull.tv does a decent job of providing race coverage usually. It's free and they have apps for smartphone and smart TV systems as well as through the browser

parker ed

Reaction score
6A198AD0-45E1-48ED-A89D-86BACF8059F9.png

jetur

Reaction score
Merica representing, should be fun to watch.

HotRod82

Reaction score
I've read 70% of the course is in the dunes this year.......If Robby's UTV's get too close to beating the big cars you can expect the organizers to pull more of the sudden "rule infraction" BS they did to Robby in the past.
Anyone know if Robby had a special drive belt made for these cars? I don't see a regular belt lasting a full day in this race....

JDub24

American Bad-Ass!!
Reaction score
Robbie is an evil genius when it comes to stuff like this. I’m sure he’s fabricated some one off bad ass solution to the belt problem. You can bet whatever the technology he is using has been run on his sons car in BITD for just this reason.

Go Robbie!!!

I've read 70% of the course is in the dunes this year.......If Robby's UTV's get too close to beating the big cars you can expect the organizers to pull more of the sudden "rule infraction" BS they did to Robby in the past.
Anyone know if Robby had a special drive belt made for these cars? I don't see a regular belt lasting a full day in this race....

Skippy

Reaction score
The Speed XX Robby's team is running look great. I just don't know why he entered in the car class. They can't have the speed other vehicles in the class have.

parker ed

Reaction score
The Speed XX Robby's team is running look great. I just don't know why he entered in the car class. They can't have the speed other vehicles in the class have.
I read an interview and Robby said they do over a 100 mph but I wouldn't think in the sand they are going to be in that would be possible,
and it was said the belts only take a couple minutes to change. So we will all have to see how it plays out.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score

Bragging rights that they can use to market the vehicle to consumers [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jetur

Reaction score
You might be surprised. It has power to the ground all of the time. And this technology on a bigger car ( not a rhino) has been tested for years in off-road. Check out the Predator X-18.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
I swear those were in the Keys last month, all black. They sounded mean. I had no clue what they were. They aren’t as big as a buggie but they are bigger than a SXS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*BN*

Reaction score
During Robbies podcast I believe he said that car does 110, then he said he had heard a mystery rule has popped up limiting speed.. implying that he is fastest although he did not say that.

Also I’m pretty sure he said chain.

He did say the car they are driving is one off and not to be confused with the show room model.

Brian

Riverbottom

Reaction score
I swear those were in the Keys last month, all black. They sounded mean. I had no clue what they were. They aren’t as big as a buggie but they are bigger than a SXS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am pretty sure you are correct. Got my attention when they drove by.

Skippy

Reaction score
I’m following closely. The cars he is running are pretty much custom as far as the chassis. The stock XX is impressive looking with its skin removed. They look very well put together.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Robbie finally realized that big cars don’t work in Dakar. Personally I think he will do better with smaller chassis as long as he can keep the car together.

Groper

Reaction score
Robbie finally realized that big cars don’t work in Dakar. Personally I think he will do better with smaller chassis as long as he can keep the car together.
Exactly my thoughts, the Mini's & Peugeot's have killed Dakar for years and RG should do well with his new platform.

parker ed

Reaction score
Robby got hosed, they imposed an 80 mph limit on SXS in the car class. They were running down some beach sections today and they couldn’t go over 80 and were getting passed by cars doing 110-120. They said it is to even up the class since Robbys cars have so much suspension and are 4wd.

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
Robby got hosed, they imposed an 80 mph limit on SXS in the car class. They were running down some beach sections today and they couldn’t go over 80 and were getting passed by cars doing 110-120. They said it is to even up the class since Robbys cars have so much suspension and are 4wd.

What a joke. Isn't it supposed to be an open class?

oldschool

Reaction score
Andrew Short is in the top 10 after day 2.

sirbob

Reaction score
What is the story on this truck?

I've see it around town a few times and know its RGs rig but don't know anything about it.

Did he build it? Can he carry cars in it or just parts? Does it sleep anybody / RV style inside?

Woud he have shipped it down there for the race? I've seen it heading to Baja and local events but have never seen inside it.

610BDE57-4344-42BA-A2C8-7F8CA04E1C5A.png

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
They really don’t want an American to win, every year seems to be a last min rule change

carlski

Reaction score
It is worse than that, it is 80km which is about 52 mph he really got screwed

Done-it-again

Reaction score
He should be able to contest it..... Last time it was his tire auto inflate/deflate on his H3 that they had a problem with and he couldn't use it, because they said it was cheating.

They make up shit as the race goes......and I agree with @Bpracing1127 they don't want an American to be there or win.

jetur

Reaction score
What a joke. Isn't it supposed to be an open class?
This is b.s. It is very apparent now that they aren't going to let RG win.
How stupid could the promoters be. RG is the one guy who can put together a bigger better race.

Reactions: DLC

cakemoto

Reaction score

I've see it around town a few times and know its RGs rig but don't know anything about it.

Did he build it? Can he carry cars in it or just parts? Does it sleep anybody / RV style inside?

Woud he have shipped it down there for the race? I've seen it heading to Baja and local events but have never seen inside it.

View attachment 717040 [/QUOT
He got hooked up with freightliner a few years back and build one or two of them I believe for the gordini. Full of parts and tools.

Wayn-o

Reaction score
Ricky Brabec contending straight out of the gate. Johnny Campbell has spent a ton of time refining the bikes and I think they are capable of beating the KTMs

Groper

Reaction score
Rg is listed in the "CAR" class and not in the SxS class, where did you read about the speed limit restriction ?

Dana757

Reaction score

View attachment 717040
I've seen it and it's very bad ass. It's for supporting the cars. Support can not come from outside help or something like that. So all the support trucks are in the race too.

Groper

Reaction score
Go to planetrobby.com and listen to the stage 2 audio.
Awesome thanks, so much for the shitty NBC coverage of the DAKAR all intro and rehash rehash and just a few minutes of actual racing FMR :mad:

Edited for clarification: "FMR" (F**k Me Running)