WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I can't believe Eliminator is no longer building V-Hulls or Daytonas

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
I'd like to preface this thread by saying I did not post this to sound like I'm bashing them by any means, I was just shocked to hear this. I know Eliminator is taking a different direction in the post Bob Leach era I just didn't think it would be this drastic.

By selling just Speedsters and Fundecks are they trying to be a "DCB like" company? I personally think it's a mistake but that's my opinion. Does that mean that a beginner/entry level boat is now somewhere in the neighborhood of $160K? I think they are alienating a bunch of possible customers and I will use my personal experience to try and explain it.

In 2003 the wife and I were thinking about selling our SeaRay and stepping up to a basic performance boat. After looking at many boats we had it narrowed down to a 260 Eagle and a 27' Fountain. We ended up buying the Eliminator because the price was less than the Fountain. It was about $60K brand new. Fast forward we ended up buying 3 more Eliminators including one being over $200K. I'll be real honest here, if we would of never bought that first one and realized the family that is Eliminator we never would of probably bought an Eliminator at all.

They need to be able to bring in beginner performance boaters and keep them as a customer for life. That's kind of hard to do if someone is a little afraid of owning a cat for their first performance boat or can't swing the base price of $160K.

Some of the hulls I wish they'd still build are the 236, 260, 300 Eagle and the 22 and 27 standard deck Daytonas.

Last edited:

Gasnsuntanlotion

Reaction score
I'd like to preface this thread by saying I did not post this to sound like I'm bashing them by any means, I was just shocked to hear this. I know Eliminator is taking a different direction in the post Bob Leach era I just didn't think it would be this drastic.

By selling just Speedsters and Fundecks are they trying to be a "DCB like" company? I personally think it's a mistake but that's my opinion. Does that mean that a beginner/entry level boat is now somewhere in the neighborhood of $160K? I think they are alienating a bunch of possible customers and I will use my personal experience to try and explain it.

In 2003 the wife and I were thinking about selling our SeaRay and stepping up to a basic performance boat. After looking at many boats we had it narrowed down to a 260 Eagle and a 27' Fountain. We ended up buying the Eliminator because the price was less than the Fountain. It was about $60K brand new. Fast forward we ended up buying 3 more Eliminators including one being over $200K. I'll be real honest here, if we would of never bought that first one and realized the family that is Eliminator we never would of probably bought an Eliminator at all.

They need to be able to bring in beginner performance boaters and keep them as a customer for life. That's kind of hard to if someone is a little afraid of owning a cat for their first performance boat or can't swing the base price of $160K.

Some of the hulls I wish they'd still build are the 236, 260, 300 Eagle and the 22 and 27 standard deck Daytonas.
I saw that too and was wondering the same. I thought maybe they were updating there website or something?

riverroyal

Reaction score
Starter boats are 100 plus now. I dont think its a bad biz call. They can focus employee efforts on whats selling

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Not 100% sure that they aren’t. I saw on the website that they only had speedsters and fun decks in the drop down but if you click on boats the rest are there. I wanted to go to the event on Saturday but had family in town and I couldn’t sneak away. I would imagine if you walked in with cash in hand they would build you whatever you want. They are building a 21 Daytona right now.

Not sure it’s that they won’t build it think it’s more of a no one is paying us to build it.

hallett21

Reaction score
I think it’s just progression of the company.

You can go buy a Tahiti right now for 50-60k. Well built boat but not the fit and finish of a 300k cat.

That being said the eliminator people bought between the 1990s and early 2000s isn’t even in the same realm as the boats today. I’d bet today’s Tahiti is on the same level or better than a lot of mid 90s custom boat builders.

There’s more money per unit in the high end builds. As a business don’t you want to make as much money as possible?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
They are moving the price point further up market. That means bigger boats. There is less demand for larger V hull boats.

Pretty simple in my mind.

E4L

Reaction score
Take it easy Grads. Call me I’ll build you a eagle.

GRADS

Reaction score
Take it easy Grads. Call me I’ll build you a eagle.

I've always wanted a 30' Eagle. Their sales guy who called me on Friday said no V-Hulls.

hallett21

Reaction score
If DCB and Nordic start moving these center consoles I bet you’ll see eliminator back in the V hull game

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
A 25 Speedster with a 520 package is $132k. That is an entry level price these days. Look at the cost of toon boats, wake boats and even production boats. Nothing is cheap these days, hence the reason you have seen such appreciation in the used market.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
If DCB and Nordic start moving these center consoles I bet you’ll see eliminator back in the V hull game

Nordic is building a CC?

Gelcoater

Reaction score

They need to be able to bring in beginner performance boaters and keep them as a customer for life. That's kind of hard to if someone is a little afraid of owning a cat for their first performance boat or can't swing the base price of $160K.

It isn’t often I agree with Grads, but here we are.
And to be fair, Grads. I don’t think they’re getting rid of All of them?
Rumor has it several are going.

Regardless I’d prefer they at least keep some of the segment.
There’s a fair market for 22-29 single engine V bottoms in so cal.

PlanB

Reaction score
A 25 Speedster with a 520 package is $132k. That is an entry level price these days. Look at the cost of toon boats, wake boats and even production boats. Nothing is cheap these days, hence the reason you have seen such appreciation in the used market.

^^^ This. I could sell our toon for at least (probably more) what I paid for it in 2015. Sun Country has a used 25 Bennington on their lot for 120K. Prices are way up right now.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Same reason Ford and GM are building trucks and suv’s. More profit for the same amount of time. Gas is relatively cheap. And people want bigger, faster, better.

Outdrive1

Reaction score
^^^ This. I could sell our toon for at least (probably more) what I paid for it in 2015. Sun Country has a used 25 Bennington on their lot for 120K. Prices are way up right now.

I have people looking for Benningtons. Lol.

Outdrive1

Reaction score
Oh yeah. And conquests and Howard’s

GRADS

Reaction score
And to be fair, Grads. I don’t think they’re getting rid of All of them?
Rumor has it several are going.
Whoever picks the molds up could have themselves a nice little boat company.

SkyDirtWaterguy

Reaction score
Plus, with so many people on the lake now who the hell wants to be in a 21ft boat on Havasu getting the shit beat out of them.......?

Last edited:

Ouderkirk

Reaction score

They need to be able to bring in beginner performance boaters and keep them as a customer for life. That's kind of hard to do if someone is a little afraid of owning a cat for their first performance boat or can't swing the base price of $160K.

Obviously, you build what sells at the highest margin.

OTOH, as you rightly point out the entry level to the boating market isn't always at $100K. I'm in no position to second guess their thinking except to understand that they need to return to profitability. The route to that is sales at the highest margin.

I hope that they are going to retool and come up with some smaller designs that are new and groundbreaking. Time will tell.

GRADS

Reaction score
Well this sales guy would love to earn your business and build you your dream 30.

What's the price on a 30' Eagle with a 502, basic gel scheme, no bells and whistles?

Eliminator Boats

Reaction score
We are keeping Several Eagles. it doesnt make sense to store and keep up on molds of hulls that haven't sold in decades. We need the room for production. The ones we keep we may retool the decks if we see a market.

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
Wonder if we will see more of the production boats taking hold of the 20-27' group, it seems like the custom builders dont like to focus on that class (tahiti obvous exempt). To give credit where credit is due, i stopped by Tahiti the other day and gotta say if i was in the market it would be nordic, lavey, tahiti

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

GRADS

Reaction score
We are keeping Several Eagles. it doesnt make sense to store and keep up on molds of hulls that haven't sold in decades. We need the room for production. The ones we keep we may retool the decks if we see a market.
Well you might want to school your sales guy that told me V-Hulls and Daytonas are no more. And the website has nothing but Speedster and Fundecks under the model tab.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Well it looks like @Gelcoater might have to learn how to spray a portrait of Hillary.:p;)

He just sent me the renderings..

C68A1963-0EFE-45BE-9891-114CC9B0462A.jpeg

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Well you might want to school your sales guy that told me V-Hulls and Daytonas are no more. And the website has nothing but Speedster and Fundecks under the model tab.

It is called an upsell :)

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score

Agreed. Hell, look at the price of the tow vehicles now. A loaded Expedition is over $70k. My 02 fully loaded 7.3 F250 Lariat had a sticker price of $38k, it’s almost double that for most of the diesel trucks now.

RodnJen

Reaction score
Plus, with so many people on the lake now who the hell wants to be in a 21ft boat on Havasu getting the shit beat out of them.......?

A lot of people actually. Some of the other builders are really starting to move boats in the 21’ - 23’ range.

wzuber

Reaction score
Not 100% sure that they aren’t. I saw on the website that they only had speedsters and fun decks in the drop down but if you click on boats the rest are there. I wanted to go to the event on Saturday but had family in town and I couldn’t sneak away. I would imagine if you walked in with cash in hand they would build you whatever you want. They are building a 21 Daytona right now.

Not sure it’s that they won’t build it think it’s more of a no one is paying us to build it.
exactly...if they have a good mold and somebody wants it I'd bet a dollar on a dime they will build it, why wouldn't they?
money talks, supposition and ASSumption's??? no so much

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
The way i understood it in a prior post on another thread was they were planning to push the Speedster and the Deck, but would build whatever someone came in to buy. They also made comment that they wanted to part ways with a few molds to try and clear up space so they could have more room for “improvement”.

However Grads it does look like they’ve called you’re blow shit, i mean bullshit..... with the comment “if you’re serious call we will make you the deal of a lifetime” so let’s see the rendering as soon as the call is over.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
What's the price on a 30' Eagle with a 502, basic gel scheme, no bells and whistles?
Well it looks like @Gelcoater might have to learn how to spray a portrait of Hillary.:p;)
Lol!
Sorry bud. I don’t do rainbows, flying saucers, dragons or witches, and she definitely falls into that last segment;)
:D

Singleton

Reaction score
We took it down while we decide what goes and what stays. In the meantime the 30’ Eagle mold and others are available for you. And if you’re r serious you’d be getting the deal of a lifetime. PM if you’re serious I’ll quote you

Glad to hear!
Now, how about turning the longer Eagles in the Eagle CC line :)

milkmoney

Reaction score
We took it down while we decide what goes and what stays. In the meantime the 30’ Eagle mold and others are available for you. And if you’re r serious you’d be getting the deal of a lifetime. PM if you’re serious I’ll quote you
I love it " deal of a lifetime " lol

Out of principle, I would not build or sell Grads an eliminator...... [emoji202]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

farmo83

Reaction score
What is the overall difference between the speedster and the daytona ? In looking at the few I've seen online (None in person) I figured the speedster was basically just an updated version of the daytona.

As far as keeping old molds around as has been mentioned before. I'm sure someone will scoop them up and maybe make a go of them.