WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Deja Vu's Sonoran Oasis

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Since we decided to accept Raytheon's generous relocation package and list the Retirement Oasis we took a road trip to Sahuarita AZ and met with Pete and Rune at Stone House. We toured the neighborhood and the model and soon decided that this was going to be the place we wanted to call home.

We put down an Earnest deposit on lot #122 to build model 2893. :)

2016-Stonehouse-Site-Map.jpg

A.F Sterling Model 2893
2893-elev-01.jpg

We will build a reverse plan with garages on the left.
That will afford the master bedroom NE exposure and give the garage roof SW exposure for solar panels. We chose to extend the garage and patio, go with the alternate kitchen with rectangle island, add the fireplace in the great room, wetbar in the nook and a bathroom for the pool.

2893-fp.gif

Base price for Elevation 1 is $441,900. The lot premium we negotiated at $30k.
We negotiated $25k off of $60k worth of upgrades so that brings us to a $506,900 contract price.
That includes the paver driveway, sidewalks, front yard landscape and perimeter walls with 2 gates.

Last edited:

TCHB

Reaction score
Sorry I can not take pics this time. Have fun on your new adventure.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
That is a great looking house and floor plan. Congrats!!!!

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
That was quick!!

X2, that was quick, when’s Havasu going up
Wasn't planning on starting a new build already, but phase II doesn't have many lots left and phase III is going to be substantially higher.

The Havasu house is currently listed on the MLS #1005251. Photographer is showing up on Monday so we can add professional photos.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Wasn't planning on starting a new build already, but phase II doesn't have many lots left and phase III is going to be substantially higher.

The Havasu house is currently listed on the MLS #1005251. Photographer is showing up on Monday so we can add professional photos.
Is the development people in change of the build or do you have to get involved. i figure you get to have the fun part of picking colors, tiles, carpet, cabinets...again..:)

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score

LOL Just was flipping through the listings tonight and what did I see.....the listing for your Havasu home. LOL Best of luck to you and everything going on in your life at this time.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Is the development people in change of the build or do you have to get involved. i figure you get to have the fun part of picking colors, tiles, carpet, cabinets...again..:)

Yes we get to pick the finishes, but I will get a firm fixed price up front prior to breaking ground. No surprises.
Then its all up to them to get it built. I wont have to get involved nearly as much as doing a custom on your own property.
We will still have the the standard electrical and plumbing walk throughs.

LOL Just was flipping through the listings tonight and what did I see.....the listing for your Havasu home. LOL Best of luck to you and everything going on in your life at this time.

Thank you! I really appreciate it. I'm hoping the house will sell quickly.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
We can finally move forward with our Tucson relocation.

We decided to back out of the new build In June because we didn’t get much action on the retirement oasis.

We looked at houses yesterday in Oro Valley, Marana Dove mountain and in Corona de Tucson in Vail.

This was our favorite. We’re going back today and may put an offer on it.

3Br+Den 3Ba 3car garage .89 acre lot on a culdesac. 2707 sq ft. It’s beautiful and it has a nice pebble TEC pool and
Hot tub.

8535855F-2D10-4626-97AE-76FF56AA3855.jpeg

BajaMike

Reaction score
Looks nice. Is Vail near that JW Marriott Star Pass? Been there a few times, pretty country.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Looks nice. Is Vail near that JW Marriott Star Pass? Been there a few times, pretty country.

Thank you!

Vail is southeast of the Starr Pass area.
You can take I-10 to Houghton road or the I-19 S and exit Sahuarita road. It’s between the 10 and the 19.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
We are in escrow on our new home!!! Made an offer the sellers couldn’t refuse. Inspection tomorrow.

Last edited:

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
What a roller coaster ride a corporate move is. We finally closed on the new Sonoran Oasis yesterday. The day we signed I had to call my former mortgage holder and find out why my mortgage loans were still active when my Havasu home already closed and the buyers are moved in. Well the payoff check from the relo company was short and they didn’t know who to call? I quickly paid the shortage and will get reimbursed. Just in time too so we could record and fund on the new house.

Anyway... success

544A3505-A19D-4F42-BD9E-95C2971931AD.jpeg

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
It’s move in Day!!! :)

We left the furnace off and were gone a week and it was still 62* inside even though it’s been below freezing at night.

The views of the Santa Rita’s is incredible

B199240E-21FD-4065-B951-C1917B4101CA.jpeg