WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Topok bar/ grill

nrbr

Reaction score
Taking the boats out may 18th for performance boat rally. Topock bar will be one of the stops and I've never stopped there. The Howard is a vdrive with no transmission or cleats. Is there a spot there for boat like this?
20181215_175819.jpg

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Taking the boats out may 18th for performance boat rally. Topock bar will be one of the stops and I've never stopped there. The Howard is a vdrive with no transmission or cleats. Is there a spot there for boat like this? View attachment 731999
Not really, you could beach across the inlet and have someone else could bring you over.

ductape1000

Here.
Reaction score
Safe to assume that it puts up a pretty good wake at idle speed? If so, the best place for it is on the trailer in the parking lot. [emoji17]

Sent from a van down by the river. [emoji3577][emoji41]

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
You can tie it between two docks like most other v drives

hallett21

Reaction score
You shouldn’t have a problem end tying to the dock if you have somewhere to tie to the transom.

I assume you have fenders?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tank

Reaction score
I agree with Dave, you could get it in backwards in a slip along the front (shown in the skater photo) and tie off two lines to the wheel to the port and starboard and then a rear line through whatever you got on the transom (tow eye maybe) or just run the lines at the wheel and leave it as is, facing out so wakes wont be an issue.

Here's a couple pics of their docks to give you an idea of their set up.

Topoc1.png
Topoc2.png

nrbr

Reaction score
You shouldn’t have a problem end tying to the dock if you have somewhere to tie to the transom.

I assume you have fenders?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have no fenders but not opposed to getting some. Trying not to put cleats on this boat if I can avoid it

ductape1000

Here.
Reaction score
I just turn the wake switch off on idle

My smartass comment aside,
Does it idle down far enough to have minimal/no wake or do you have to do something else to control slow speed maneuvers?

nrbr

Reaction score
My smartass comment aside,
Does it idle down far enough to have minimal/no wake or do you have to do something else to control slow speed maneuvers?

It slows down pretty good but honestly I've never taken it out under not race type conditions. It sounds like a fun deal so I'll just leave lots of following space lol

78Southwind

Reaction score
Another way to do it if you don't trust suction cup finders is to bring a third rope and throw a couple fenders on it and tie it to both tie-down cleats. In the past this is what I've done if I'm going to keep my boat in the water for a couple days.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Rattle Can Lou

Reaction score
One problem in there is current...when you try to get into slip it can really throw you in there sideways...happened to me with boat in avatar...I looked like a fat spider monkey trying to keep from hitting dock...eventually ending up in water...and that my man is no fun...when your feet touch the mud you wanna puke...lol

nrbr

Reaction score
One problem in there is current...when you try to get into slip it can really throw you in there sideways...happened to me with boat in avatar...I looked like a fat spider monkey trying to keep from hitting dock...eventually ending up in water...and that my man is no fun...when your feet touch the mud you wanna puke...lol
Sounds like a deal I would get myself into lol. Are you coming out to the classic deal in may??

DWC

Reaction score

The current and the wind can make it a little interesting. Won’t say it’s super tough but depending on the day it can be fun. My oldest made some solid contact in the Magic. That trip was in the top 3 most expensive Topock visits.