WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

36' Speedster w/ Bustle Twin 860 6 Drives

Eliminator Boats

Reaction score
36Speedster-jordan3.jpg
Pulling the mold to be waxed and taped for gelcoat. Overall length of this build is 39'8".

Last edited:

AZMIDLYF

Reaction score
Look forward to hearing how the 860s do. Why #8s instead of #6s? Customer already had them?

Gelcoater

Reaction score
As we are a fan of your craft... We are anxiously awaiting the reveal !!!

P.S.: I was just told " You shouldn't River Daves when your drunk".... Sooo.. I will graciously go pass out now.. Thus really has me on an emotional roller coaster right now....LOl... Cry out loud...and every other emoticon you can insert...
The reveal! :D

NOTSOFAST

Reaction score
I know you wrestled a bit with the 860's before you pulled the trigger. Glad you did it, I'll be interested in your thoughts on that package once you get it on the water.

AZMIDLYF

Reaction score
Gelcoater, how do you get the measurements,dimensions for the layout? I'm also guessing that you put down one side, take measurements, then repeat on the opposite? Not looking for any trade secrets here...just fascinated by the process or skill of it.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
bottom is ready for gelcoat
View attachment 735649
I’m glad you left that other pic a thumbnail, lol.
Most of it’s coming off on that side tomorrow. There’s a wonk in the lines and that arch will all be removed and replaced.
It’s a good 3/4 inch out in one place.
A bit of tuning needed before fill.

I bet @retaocleg is cringing at all the labor in double masking vs zipping 1/2” fine line:D

Thunderhead1

Reaction score
I’m glad you left that other pic a thumbnail, lol.
Most of it’s coming off on that side tomorrow. There’s a wonk in the lines and that arch will all be removed and replaced.
It’s a good 3/4 inch out in one place.
A bit of tuning needed before fill.

I bet @retaocleg is cringing at all the labor in double masking vs zipping 1/2” fine line:D

OOHHHHHhhhh ... Happy / Sad....

Im lovin the attention to detail but bummed all that work turns out to just be practice... On the other hand, I did have my Broker look into 3M tape products, he putting together market analysis :D:D

Gelcoater

Reaction score
OOHHHHHhhhh ... Happy / Sad....

Im lovin the attention to detail but bummed all that work turns out to just be practice... On the other hand, I did have my Broker look into 3M tape products, he putting together market analysis :D:D
Had I started investing in 3M the same time I started in gelcoating...some other guy would be doing your boat today:D