WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Finally Closed on our little slice of Heaven :)

Moabifam5

Reaction score
Conrats G, Glad to have you guys back in the neighborhood. Is this the lot 2 down river from Big "D"? We looked at one early last year just could not come to terms in the same area. Let me know when you guys are so we can run over and say Hi..Take care..

awesome look forward to seeing you guys!

PaPaG

Reaction score
Hello T, right next door to Big D's, the lower flag lot had sold and I got the one I actually wanted so a good friend in my neighbor now. Will let you know once we are able to spend some time there...

Rvrluvr

CLAMP ON RACING
Reaction score
Dude...congrats!! That will be so awesome when its done!!

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
As willow valley boaters we know that spot very well, congrats!!

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
here's some advise...(free),,, lol.... but, what I would do first, and what I always do is get a plan sized plot plan of the property,get a few sheets and start laying out what you want, do it to scale so you can see what you got....this is the way I did the 160 opossum house in havasu...it was a weird lot that I was told to be worthless as you couldn't build any thing of value,... I just looked on Zillow and they say it's value is 635K now... I have a set of these plans you can have, and you can go to a draftmen and have the floor plan put on your lot plan pretty cheep..gives you a place to start...also there are some pretty good subs building over at lake cimmoron, o this plan, you have total view river side,.. and I put the patio as part of the build..one of the horrible things with building into the sun on patio side is the eve.... before the sun goes down in mid summer... I designed this house to have minimal impact ,as in the sun only get to the windows for a short time..also, while watching tv... you have river view on both sides , and all along the right side...like I said, you can have this plan,a starting place for you dream..
994994_637307302972910_280757492_n.jpg
994994_637307309639576_1509839368_n.jpg
1234799_609425449094429_2027384950_n.jpg

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
also, the plan has a 25x25 attached garage, that the door can be straight in or on the side...

I'm thinking this is on septic???

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Pretty sure the lot in red is yours? Blue is Rainbow beach.

2A1C959B-9BD2-4D8E-B79E-9E286F1FA25B.jpeg
656FC458-0358-403D-A418-7636E49488C1.png

Just south by maybe 300-500’ is the peninsula property on the CA side with all the beautiful landscaping and tiki torches that tell you to get to AS before you lose a prop.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
as you know G, call on me if I can help in any way...have fun, it's gonna be cool!

PaPaG

Reaction score
also, the plan has a 25x25 attached garage, that the door can be straight in or on the side...

I'm thinking this is on septic???
Since the lot is only 44/45 I am thinking of a 26/28 wide X 60/70 RV Garage with a small wet room/shower/toilet, and drive through on one side RV on other behind the house...since i have roughly 350 feet on river side, I can always do a huge RV garage on the other side as well and just go with a standard 25x25 on the river lot side for small toys not sure yet what to do on the garage part but I really like your house setup in these plans, great ideas for sure Steve. I will be giving you a call to shoot the shit about it......and we are working on sewer vs septic we will see how that goes soon.

thmterry

Reaction score
Congrats on the new place!! Cant wait to see the progress as we cruise down the river.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
That area has always been my "Dream Home" area. Been on the water on that stretch for 25ish years. What I always thought made that particular stretch perfect: A few of those lots get shade from the bluffs across the river. Summer afternoons you wouldn't be blinded or cooked. Very happy for you!:cool:

DC-88

Reaction score
Looks killer. Having been through it myself, if you are trying to hold sand on the beach and/or put your ramp in soon take a real close look at the angle the river is naturally trying to create now that the beach dig out is done. It takes a while, and will push / filter rocks to the top that you'll get to clean up for quite a while. In general this is the time, but there are really only a hand full of days of the year to get the ramp out where you'll be truly happy with it, and having some 1-1/2" rock extending off the tail of the ramp really helps launching in the morning or in winter. I think my buddy did your grading, and he is real good with all concrete and construction . Also, my .02 is make the ramp as narrow as you can deal with so as not to waste frontage--feel free to pm if you need any info

PaPaG

Reaction score
Update, we are hopefully starting to get things rolling.....now the fun begins...I wanted something around 2100 - 2300 sq foot stick built 2 story 3 bedroom 3 bath with a huge 2nd floor patio deck off a master suite and a bottom great room with an open kitchen and a nice 24 x 15 deck, a nice beach with a ramp but with the time it takes to get things done down there and approved then built it just may be such a headache we may just go with a top tier mobile. I saw a really upgraded 24 x 60 with everything we wanted for about 1/3 of what it is going to take to build the stick built that I want, they would even stretch it to 76 feet if I needed. 9/10 months and it can be built, delivered, set up and ready to move in vs about 18-24 months for the stick built if not longer...with the mobile I can do the ramp, all the concrete work, huge RV garage, landscaping, fence, block walls, beach, patio's, decks, and anything else I can think of for the same cost...but in the end a stick built 2 story would be worth a heck of a lot more for resale vs a mobile....decisions decisions...

PaPaG

Reaction score
Looks killer. Having been through it myself, if you are trying to hold sand on the beach and/or put your ramp in soon take a real close look at the angle the river is naturally trying to create now that the beach dig out is done. It takes a while, and will push / filter rocks to the top that you'll get to clean up for quite a while. In general this is the time, but there are really only a hand full of days of the year to get the ramp out where you'll be truly happy with it, and having some 1-1/2" rock extending off the tail of the ramp really helps launching in the morning or in winter. I think my buddy did your grading, and he is real good with all concrete and construction . Also, my .02 is make the ramp as narrow as you can deal with so as not to waste frontage--feel free to pm if you need any info

I will be pming you soon..:)

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
That is what I heard but we will wait and see how they screw up that part of the river like they did the channel at moabi....lol...This time it won't matter because we will have our private little beach and bbq area and can sit and watch the boats that dare to venture up or down that part of the river and it won't really effect us much...at least I hope not.....

So they aren't putting a second location in. They looked into it, and I believed pulled some kind of permits, but aren't going to pursue it at this time.

RD

Chris Lapoint

Reaction score
Excited to see what you get going on that lot!
Your place is about 18-20 lots up from our family's river house (we're a couple lots up from courtwright), its a kick ass stretch of water and where I grew up going.
We've got about 115' of frontage, purchased in the early 70's (Thanks G-ma & G-pa) - I'll keep an eye out for you!

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
After touring SkyLine Homes factory in San Jacinto, I would not think twice about a manufactured home. The technology they are using in them now is amazing.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

PaPaG

Reaction score
So they aren't putting a second location in. They looked into it, and I believed pulled some kind of permits, but aren't going to pursue it at this time.

RD
That is so nice to hear....

PaPaG

Reaction score
Excited to see what you get going on that lot!
Your place is about 18-20 lots up from our family's river house (we're a couple lots up from courtwright), its a kick ass stretch of water and where I grew up going.
We've got about 115' of frontage, purchased in the early 70's (Thanks G-ma & G-pa) - I'll keep an eye out for you!
That is awesome, I wanted 2 lots to give me 90 feet but it did not work out. Once we are done we have to meet up with some neighbors.

PaPaG

Reaction score
After touring SkyLine Homes factory in San Jacinto, I would not think twice about a manufactured home. The technology they are using in them now is amazing.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I was fairly impressed with what we saw as well.

PaPaG

Reaction score
What is the foot print on that design? Can’t quite read the dimensions
I think it was a 32' wide house on a 44' wide area for the house. Not sure on the house though. I really like Steve's layout for sure, if I could trim it down to 24' wide without taking away to much that would be a great house on the river.

Last edited:

DC-88

Reaction score
...but in the end a stick built 2 story would be worth a heck of a lot more for resale vs a mobile....decisions decisions...
Stick built all the way. In rough #'s say you have lot cost, 100k for big RV, 310K for house + site work , landscape, flat work, ramp (assuming those have water meters but need septic installed, some misc utility work?) the finish product will be nicer with decent equity. Way more equity than a mobile, and would be right at the best price range (not overbuilt) to be able to sell it all if there ever was a need.

PaPaG

Reaction score
Stick built all the way. In rough #'s say you have lot cost, 100k for big RV, 310K for house + site work , landscape, flat work, ramp (assuming those have water meters but need septic installed, some misc utility work?) the finish product will be nicer with decent equity. Way more equity than a mobile, and would be right at the best price range (not overbuilt) to be able to sell it all if there ever was a need.

Exactly my thoughts, that is why I am so ON THE FENCE about it all. I much rather have a stick built, just the headache of getting it all done out there may take another year on top of what I know would be a lot of work anyway. We have septic plans being submitted, Water and Power will be no issues (hopefully from what we now know). I agree 100% that stick built would be much nicer in the long run along with increase value much higher than a mobile if I ever wanted to sell. I am working on some ideas with stick built and if I can make it work out the way I want that is the way we will go, if not then mobile it is...

thmterry

Reaction score
Stick all the way, Is there a way to put a mobile off to the side or back of property and use it as a guest house later? Then you could take your time building the home you really want.

PaPaG

Reaction score
Stick all the way, Is there a way to put a mobile off to the side or back of property and use it as a guest house later? Then you could take your time building the home you really want.
Yes, there is roughly 215 x 44 feet on one side of the road and 350 x 44/45 on the river side, I could put a small park model or even a single wide up high on the lot and then build the lower house but I would have to redo my septic plans and resubmit, and the other issue, then I would have to have people asking to visit all the time once the front house is done :)

PaPaG

Reaction score
So here we go, got approved for all the Septic work, starts hopefully week after next... Can't wait to get started. I think we are leaning on going with a really nice upgraded double wide Mobile home we saw 24' x 56' and if able we would stretch it out as far as possible maybe up to a 24' x 76'. (I still want a 2Force type house he showed me but instead a 2 story with a 2nd floor balcony/deck off Master Bedroom looking over the river but it is just way to much headache dealing with contractors and subs to build it out there). We will see...

PaPaG

Reaction score
Slowly but surely work is getting done. Septic system should be buttoned up this week after inspections...then onto the water project...

LuauLounge

Reaction score
Have you looked into modular homes?
Built in sections similar to mobiles, but designed to place on a foundation. Stick built in a factory.

PaPaG

Reaction score
Have you looked into modular homes?
Built in sections similar to mobiles, but designed to place on a foundation. Stick built in a factory.
Looking at all options.

PaPaG

Reaction score
Septic is done, Lot is ready for the next step.......Well drilling firm will be there tomorrow for their estimate and time frame est...slowly but surely...one step at a time..

82daytona

Reaction score
Septic is done, Lot is ready for the next step.......Well drilling firm will be there tomorrow for their estimate and time frame est...slowly but surely...one step at a time..

I was in the neighborhood recently and saw the place. Looking good..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Universal Elements

Reaction score
I use to live @ 1000 block of E. Dike Road. I rode or walked everyday toward your property. It’s a great piece to work with. One place that really caught my eye is this one. Too bad it was not on the river side. The electrical bill was about 1/4 of mine. It is set up great. If I had to do it again, I would go with something like this.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/...y-AZ-86440/90143949_zpid/?utm_source=txtshare

Last edited:

PaPaG

Reaction score
I use to live @ 1000 block of E. Dike Road. I rode or walked everyday toward your property. It’s a great piece to work with. One place that really caught my eye is this one. Too bad it was not on the river side. The electrical bill was about 1/4 of mine. It is set up great. If I had to do it again, I would go something like this.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/...y-AZ-86440/90143949_zpid/?utm_source=txtshare
I know the guy that owns that one, really nice setup. It would be amazing if it were on the river side of the road. I personally only like the River side of the road because of the view. My lot is small relatively speaking only 45' wide by roughly 575ft deep but with a 22' x 50 two story house or a 24x60 mobile and I think it will work out for what we want. As always I wish the lot was wider for what I would like to do on the site but it will work as is...

wishiknew

Reaction score
I know the guy that owns that one, really nice setup. It would be amazing if it were on the river side of the road. I personally only like the River side of the road because of the view. My lot is small relatively speaking only 45' wide by roughly 575ft deep but with a 22' x 50 two story house or a 24x60 mobile and I think it will work out for what we want. As always I wish the lot was wider for what I would like to do on the site but it will work as is...
22 X 50 House ???????

JDub24

American Bad-Ass!!
Reaction score
That place is awesome!! In another year it will become a hoarder’s paradise with all the shit the owners had in. :D

I use to live @ 1000 block of E. Dike Road. I rode or walked everyday toward your property. It’s a great piece to work with. One place that really caught my eye is this one. Too bad it was not on the river side. The electrical bill was about 1/4 of mine. It is set up great. If I had to do it again, I would go with something like this.