WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Beyond Meat!

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
Why the fuck would a non vegan even try that shit? If you can’t eat beef, try turkey, even salmon is a better option than shit that needs chemicals to “bleed” like beef. Soy is awful for you too. I don’t understand the vegan deal to begin with. If you want to be second tier on the food chain, fine. Eat your chemical infused shit, you’ll still die sooner than the meat eaters. That’s just my opinion of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why do vegans need their food to look like meat if they don't want to eat meat.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
The stock hit $104 today on a down day on Wall Street.:eek: Unreal.

Boschma

Wish I was at the River
Reaction score
IMG_8620.jpg

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Why the fuck would a non vegan even try that shit? If you can’t eat beef, try turkey, even salmon is a better option than shit that needs chemicals to “bleed” like beef. Soy is awful for you too. I don’t understand the vegan deal to begin with. If you want to be second tier on the food chain, fine. Eat your chemical infused shit, you’ll still die sooner than the meat eaters. That’s just my opinion of course.

Plant-based foods are usually associated with being "healthy," but just as being a vegan doesn't necessarily mean you're in good health, eating Carl's Jr's new Beyond Famous Star Burgerdoesn't mean you can suddenly binge on plant-based cheeseburgers.

Beyond Meat makes a veggie-based burger that looks, and almost tastes like beef, quickly becoming popular with the vegan and vegetarian community. When carefully compared to a classic beef Famous Star with cheese, however, the Beyond Famous Star doesn't really wow you in the nutritional department.

In fact, the plant-based burger is actually higher in calories, fat, carbohydrates, and has the same amount of sugar content.

Lol!

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Plant-based foods are usually associated with being "healthy," but just as being a vegan doesn't necessarily mean you're in good health, eating Carl's Jr's new Beyond Famous Star Burgerdoesn't mean you can suddenly binge on plant-based cheeseburgers.

Beyond Meat makes a veggie-based burger that looks, and almost tastes like beef, quickly becoming popular with the vegan and vegetarian community. When carefully compared to a classic beef Famous Star with cheese, however, the Beyond Famous Star doesn't really wow you in the nutritional department.

In fact, the plant-based burger is actually higher in calories, fat, carbohydrates, and has the same amount of sugar content.

Lol!

Womp Womp.

ramos45

Reaction score
Why do vegans need their food to look like meat if they don't want to eat meat.
why do lesbians use dildos?

Vegans want a burger just without the animal. I think the whole bleeding thing would sound ridiculous to a hardcore vegan but would be enticing to those who are trying it out.

Inland Air Balance

Certified in something
Reaction score
Haha it closed at 168.5 today. Its up 80% since I bought in. I dont care what it taste like, Im not eating it but I'll cash the check. My daughter says its all her friends are eating when they go out.

Spudsbud

Reaction score
I tried impossible burgers ( a competitor of beyond beef) a few weeks ago for testing in my restaurants, and it was actually very good. I am definitely not one of those earthy crunchy vegan types, but this is the closet you will get to a actual burger. It has the same texture and mouth feel as a burger, and has the same char grilled taste as well. They are definitely not cheap though. My price was $10 a pound vs about $2.50 a pound I pay for a burger.
I think most restaurant using them are uncharging $3. for them, and heard it will be around $1 more in the fast food market BK is planning to go national with the impossible burgers

Yup, price is crazy high. Unsustainable long term.

MohavValley

Reaction score
Sold 40 mil in product last year, spent 46 mil in operations ( lost 6 mil) and is now valued at 11BILLION dollars at $168 a share and you say low interest rates & inflation is not a problem, f-in Stoopid crazy.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
I've seen quite a few people buy them while I've been at Fat Burger getting a real burger. I will NOT be trying this meatless burger.

GRADS

Reaction score
Don't look now but.... when I started this thread two and a half months ago it was $67 a share.... it closed today over $195:eek::D

GRADS

Reaction score
$203 today....could have made $8 a share in one day.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
I certainly hope whoever is in this has an appropriate stop loss strategy set up. Reality will set in at some point.

GRADS

Reaction score
Should be called Beyond Stupid at this point.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I tried shorting it at $206 the other day and no shares available to short. I’m going to buy some leap puts. This will go back down at some point.

No shit.. I haven’t heard of anyone actually trying the product more than once.

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
No shit.. I haven’t heard of anyone actually trying the product more than once.
Until the "specs" are shown, for many it looks/tastes delicious.
Bought a few shares and am not disappointed at what the public eats up. This was after a Family gathering where a few of the less sophisticated opinions were professed.
Yummy stuff. LOL :eek:

Thanks Gregg for the Hot tip. :D

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Until the "specs" are shown, for many it looks/tastes delicious.
Bought a few shares and am not disappointed at what the public eats up. This was after a Family gathering where a few of the less sophisticated opinions were professed.
Yummy stuff. LOL :eek:

Thanks Gregg for the Hot tip. :D

Yea I wish I picked some up. I feel like this will cool off once people realize that this is the highly processed modified food they have been seeking to avoid lol.

Lots of competition in the space as well.

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Yea I wish I picked some up. I feel like this will cool off once people realize that this is the highly processed modified food they have been seeking to avoid lol.

Lots of competition in the space as well.
I give it to the end of summer, sell and see what happens in the spring.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Shit like this reminds of Olestra, where everyone jumps on and then 5-7 years later they discover all these negative side effects from the processed components and shit hits the fan.

Congrats to all the people that cashed in, but not a chance in hell i'll eat that garbage, i want to eat actual meat. :p

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Shit like this reminds of Olestra, where everyone jumps on and then 5-7 years later they discover all these negative side effects from the processed components and shit hits the fan.

Congrats to all the people that cashed in, but not a chance in hell i'll eat that garbage, i want to eat actual meat. :p

84B78892-E772-45F9-9DE4-156866CB0F93.gif

Boschma

Wish I was at the River
Reaction score
Don't look now but.... when I started this thread two and a half months ago it was $67 a share.... it closed today over $195:eek::D

My uncle bought $15k worth back then ...... crazy how much it’s grown

GRADS

Reaction score
Beyond Insane! I can't recall something this ridiculous in recent times other than bitcoin or Tilray. I think we are very close to how bitcoin was in November-December 2017. It was making news, people were talking about it at parties and around dinner tables and people bought in on FOMO....it went up because of that....and then crash! It's FOMO people buying now. I'm wondering if some people will bail tomorrow ahead of Monday's earnings report. It could be a serious reality check come Monday. They might have a good earnings report but a company that is expected to have $205 million in revenue with a a market cap of $13.4 billion.:rolleyes: Just my worthless 2 cents.

Inland Air Balance

Certified in something
Reaction score
Time to slit my throat because I didn't take my own advice and get in at $60. I'm Beyond Sick about it.
I bought at $90. And I feel like I have a bomb on my hands and dont know if its packed with money or lead...

milkmoney

Reaction score
Time to slit my throat because I didn't take my own advice and get in at $60. I'm Beyond Sick about it.
Do you have a knife or need one ?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

beertruck

Reaction score
I think it will continue to rise, until they can get production up enough to satisfy demand.
Right now its a hot product because not everyone is able to carry it (limiting distribution to the bigger users)
People talk about it because its hard to find, once everyone has it, it will be just another vegetarian option.

Keep in mind, I am not a market analyst, I'm just a restaurateur.

GRADS

Reaction score
I bought at $90. And I feel like I have a bomb on my hands and dont know if its packed with money or lead...
Me personally, I would of sold today if I made that much off of it. Earnings come Monday and it could go in either direction in a big way.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
That shits turning out to be better than margarine.
Had some friends say they tried it, and the wife, I said you're idiots.
They got pissed and offended.
I said here's a rule, anytime you have to take something and bend it and process it and shape it to make it into something it's not, it's bad for you.

GRADS

Reaction score
You guys that own it what did you do?

Inland Air Balance

Certified in something
Reaction score
Holding. Im still way up. Going long. The millenials still think this stuff is the rage. The vegan types wont be swayed by a few bad reviews.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
I think they are announcing their earnings after the close on Monday so if you wake up on Monday and it’s up I would sell. Don’t get greedy, it will bite you in the ass.
You know I think you’re a prick:)
That said I still hope you clean house on this deal and make a shit ton of money.
(Thumbs up thingy here)
Oh, and. Fuck Off:)

GRADS

Reaction score
Down $60 a share from last Friday when I said to sell.o_O

RCDave

Reaction score
Down $60 a share from last Friday when I said to sell.o_O
Whats ingested gets digested....that processed meatfood probably comes out like havasus China buffet