One owner cole

cakemoto

Reaction score
CDA441C4-9169-4F30-A78B-C4E8B9BCCF1E.png
wish I had the cash. Looks very clean
Just passing along.....

Carrera205

Reaction score
I guess Im just not up with the times. I feel this boat is still overpriced. Old Merc motor. Small open bow. I feel its a 15k boat on a good day.

But I think Im still living in 2010, and times have changed.
Your right. I keep seeing 2001 caliber 1's on Instagram for 20k lol. I figured the build quality of the Coles and their lore makes it worth a little more. But the motor does have a lot of hrs.

gqchris

Reaction score
Your right. I keep seeing 2001 caliber 1's on Instagram for 20k lol. I figured the build quality of the Coles and their lore makes it worth a little more. But the motor does have a lot of hrs.

Yea. Dont get me wrong, I love Coles. Just seems everyone is jumping on the honey train right now and there are gonna be alot peeps upside down in their rides after this season.

Carrera205

Reaction score
Yea. Dont get me wrong, I love Coles. Just seems everyone is jumping on the honey train right now and there are gonna be alot peeps upside down in their rides after this season.
It's a sellers market for sure. If I didnt want to use my boat so badly Id off it and wait until the prices cool off to get into something bigger.

Backlash

Reaction score
I think that's a solid deal, especially considering today's market. Remember the member who was asking 40K for his Cole??? I think this boat is a better looking boat for less money. 405 hour on that motor doesn't scare me. It looks to have been well taken care of and I'm sure it wont last long at this price.

Cdog

Reaction score
I think that's a solid deal, especially considering today's market. Remember the member who was asking 40K for his Cole??? I think this boat is a better looking boat for less money. 405 hour on that motor doesn't scare me. It looks to have been well taken care of and I'm sure it wont last long at this price.

Those early 454's run forever.

I sent this to a friend in Anaheim Hills. He's looking for a first boat. This would be great for river & Big Bear trips.

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
I'm thinking $20k would be a more realistic asking price, and it would probably sell for $18k.

So far, this year doesn't seem to be as strong as of a market than last year. It could be too early to tell.

franky

Reaction score
I'm thinking $20k would be a more realistic asking price, and it would probably sell for $18k.

So far, this year doesn't seem to be as strong as of a market than last year. It could be too early to tell.
Agreed. Maybe $18k and that's bumping it up for the manual cav plates (tabs). Had 93 same model built. They are bitchen well handling (like on a rail) boat. Keep in mind the 20.5 is narrower than the 22'. Hard to squeeze between the front seats. 10 years ago I found my niece a perfect condition closed bow with 116 hrs for $16k

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
I think 24k obo is a fair deal considering the condition of the boat.

Cole Brewed

Reaction score
After reviewing the sellers Craigslist ad, imho, I think this is reall a case of seller has to throw out a starting number. I agree if I were in the market and serious at making an offer, I would be starting around the 15k mark, we’ll haggle, meet at 19.5 that’s when I’m out. Looks like it was always stored inside and well maintained. It appears the gel and upholstery is in very good condition. Good luck to the seller, maybe he will find his buyer sooner than later.

Adding, I have seen many much newer with less time in way worse condition for a lot more $$$$$

Last edited:

guest hs

Reaction score
Damn I wouldn't want much more then that for mine if I was to sell it right now.

bagged97taco

Reaction score
My dad sold an open bow and closed bow superhawk. Both very clean well kept boats both on triple axle Ellis trailers for less than this boat is listed for together. That was just a couple years ago. Crazy market right now. I also think my dad gave away his Coles.

Cole Brewed

Reaction score
My dad sold an open bow and closed bow superhawk. Both very clean well kept boats both on triple axle Ellis trailers for less than this boat is listed for together. That was just a couple years ago. Crazy market right now. I also think my dad gave away his Coles.
Sounds like he definitely gave them away

nuthead

Reaction score
Damn for $24k I'd consider selling mine and mine has a 675hp 540 not a stock 454.

Cole Brewed

Reaction score
we did all the coles in elsinore from 89' till 97-98ish, would have to ck for sure. in the late eightys alex and i were building them in stanton. prior to that i painted many in burbank and sometimes in chatsworth.

Welcome Danny Mancini!

If you did mine, thank you, it is still awesome IMHO. Burbank is where I grew up. Street racing in Chatsworth, hell all over San Fernando Valley! First boat shirt was Cole, 11 years old.

Last edited:

rush1

Reaction score
400 hours is nothing on those 454's

rush1

Reaction score
Yup, Cole Boats was alongside the shut down area at Canoga X Lassen.
Haha street raced there for a long time,my buddy was working at Cole when that boat was built met his wife there she ran the office. Good times for sure

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
I guess Im just not up with the times. I feel this boat is still overpriced. Old Merc motor. Small open bow. I feel its a 15k boat on a good day.

But I think Im still living in 2010, and times have changed.

To me the open bow on these Coles look pretty big for their size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BLOWN HOWARD

Reaction score
Those 20.5 hulls run really well can get some good numbers out of them with small block power

Backlash

Reaction score
Out of all of the manufacturers, Cole has always had the best gelcoat schemes. I've only seen one Cole I wouldn't buy simply because of the gel. Other than that one particular boat, every other one has been absolutely gorgeous!

Backlash

Reaction score

This is an old video but this boat runs damn good! There is another red Cole with a vdrive that was out in Utah or some place with decent power. Can't remember what motor he had in that boat though.

oldschool

Reaction score

This is an old video but this boat runs damn good! There is another red Cole with a vdrive that was out in Utah or some place with decent power. Can't remember what motor he had in that boat though.
The red boat was named "Russian Roulette", I believe. I remember seeing it in Hot Boat, it was a turbo boat.