WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Heading to Cigarette Rendezvous, Lake of The Ozarks (pics)...

Tank

Reaction score
Well, one week to go and the wife and I are meeting RD and Stacy to hit the Performance Boat Center's 2019 Cigarette Rendezvous. Now, I realize that most of you on here aren't huge Cigarette fans specifically but you can't deny the baddassery of having 100 Cigarettes from all over the country get together for a weekend of running and partying! I have never been to LOTO so looking forward to this run.

Once again we will be running on my buddy Kelly's 42' Cigarette Tiger with fresh (like VERY fresh as in going in the boat on Monday) re-built Zul blown 1,000 HP motors and #6's (fun boat ;) ). Looking forward to giving RD and Stacy the Cig exposure experience. :D

Tiger1.png
Tiger2.png
Tiger3.png
TIger4.png
Tiger5.png

HCP3

Reaction score
Yes please! Keep us updated.

OLDRAAT

inadequate member
Reaction score
Have fun you folks! I'm trying to get some construction completed at Grand Lake (Oklahoma) or I would try and come up to meet.

Stay safe and keep the inmates updated. RD will just think Havasu gets choppy......:cool:. Take the Johnsons to Big Dicks if your up that way:)

Last edited:

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
That'd be a 1700 mile tow one way! :eek::eek: Not down for that. Plus mines getting fiberglass work done, paint work and color sand and buffed. Aaaaaaand being a boat bitch on that 42 beats dealing with dragging ours out there anyway. LOL
Man come on. It is only a 23 hour none stop tow to Osage Beach.............

From Phoenix. :D

Tank

Reaction score
Have fun you folks! I'm trying to get some construction completed at Grand Lake (Oklahoma) or I would try and come up to meet.

Stay safe and keep the inmates updated. RD will just think Havasu gets choppy......:cool:. Thake the Johnsons to Big Dicks if your up that way:)
Get yer but down there! Tigers coming from Tennessee!

Lunch run to Big Dicks Saturday for free lunch! ;)

Schedule:

8baae879_3cac_485f_b5f7_c7e6ddd5132c_b0aa2c5334861b5985f56dd2c2b53c6a0c3048c1.jpeg

BONER

Reaction score
I just got done hauling a Boat 23 hours straight. Fuck that noise. Gonna have to do it again at the end of the Summer too. Definitely breaking that shit up into 2 days next go round...

Tank

Reaction score
I just got done hauling a Boat 23 hours straight. Fuck that noise. Gonna have to do it again at the end of the Summer too. Definitely breaking that shit up into 2 days next go round...
I really don’t know how people do it. I tow to havasu (6 hours) and I have tension in my neck and back and a stress headache! Lol

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Stay safe and keep the inmates updated. RD will just think Havasu gets choppy......:cool:. Take the Johnsons to Big Dicks if your up that way:)

I have been to LOTO a couple times and also been to big dicks! Like that place! A lot different than I thought it would be

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I really don’t know how people do it. I tow to havasu (6 hours) and I have tension in my neck and back and a stress headache! Lol
I think the problem you may have is the first few hours heading out of metropolitan areas. I haven't towed boats cross country, that may be pretty stressful with the quality of boats some of you have. I have towed tag and gooseneck trailers cross country to car shows. When you get to the "Fly Over States", people are pretty damn curteous when you're towing. Most the "Big Cities" you actually skirt around. If you don't mind driving, but the stress of morons bugs you, it's actually pretty cool.

BONER

Reaction score
I think the problem you may have is the first few hours heading out of metropolitan areas. I haven't towed boats cross country, that may be pretty stressful with the quality of boats some of you have. I have towed tag and gooseneck trailers cross country to car shows. When you get to the "Fly Over States", people are pretty damn curteous when you're towing. Most the "Big Cities" you actually skirt around. If you don't mind driving, but the stress of morons bugs you, it's actually pretty cool.

Yep. I love road trips. Crank up the Tunes and chill. The. Fuck. Out.

Longest I've gone straight is 27 hours. From Phoenix to a couple hours north of Kansas City.

If it weren't for the darkness of night time I think I could do a 36 hour stint. It's really hard at night.

Baja 252

Reaction score
Unfortunately we’ve had a lot of rain in the Midwest. The lake is full now and Truman Lake above LOTO is 30’ over full pool and will be dumping water as soon as the rivers downstream can take it. There is talk of LOTO going several feet above full of it rains more.

Tank

Reaction score
Unfortunately we’ve had a lot of rain in the Midwest. The lake is full now and Truman Lake above LOTO is 30’ over full pool and will be dumping water as soon as the rivers downstream can take it. There is talk of LOTO going several feet above full of it rains more.

Yea I hear Theres a bunch of crap in the water too. Hopefully it won’t be too much of a problem. Boats are coming either way. I told kelly we can just idle around and get hammered in the bay while listening to dry exhaust screaming from his fresh motors. :D:D

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
That looks like such a cool event. If I ever own a cig, that’ll be a must do

RodnJen

Reaction score
Epic weekend for sure. Can’t wait for coverage. Just remember, fun first!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Yea I hear Theres a bunch of crap in the water too. Hopefully it won’t be too much of a problem. Boats are coming either way. I told kelly we can just idle around and get hammered in the bay while listening to dry exhaust screaming from his fresh motors. :D:D

We are gonna have fun either way!! I gotta get my partying in early so I look professional for the next gig. Two days later. ;).

pixrthis

Reaction score
If you see a blew straight bottom with #3's on it please take some pictures of it. I sold a bunch of props to the guy that owns it and he was just finishing up a remodel on it, curious to see how it turned out.

Tank

Reaction score
If you see a blew straight bottom with #3's on it please take some pictures of it. I sold a bunch of props to the guy that owns it and he was just finishing up a remodel on it, curious to see how it turned out.

I shall search. Shouldn't be too hard to miss. Remodeled and updated straight guns catch my attention.

Is it this one by chance? Has 3A's from LOTO.

4d4e7d6f_dc66_455c_bc28_9db79bbd8537_9dcdf83baef547ec5dac1580534c6a5c61ad5ace.jpeg

Last edited:

Outlaw Boat Transport

Reaction score
I will see you there with the two ex F-2 Raceboat Top Guns. By the way tank Dave Lockwood and his wife Keli will be on Bobby's boat with us

HCP3

Reaction score
Tell me if my Cigarette boat knowledge is wrong (still learning), but only four F-2 boats ever built right?

Tank

Reaction score
Tell me if my Cigarette boat knowledge is wrong (still learning), but only four F-2 boats ever built right?

Correct. ;)

4 Twin Step Top Gun F-2's built. 3 of them currently in Lauderdale and one in LOTO. 3 will be in LOTO for this run - Bobby and Steve (dad and son) own the Virgin boat (that just came from So. Ca. but originally raced by Tres Martin as the Virgin Boat) and "Lucky Strike" that was originally raced by Phil Lipschutz to the world champions under the Lip-Ship name. Those boats are pictured above. Guy named Ken, who's from LOTO and will be there for the run owns "Speed Racer" that was originally raced by Dick Simon then sold to Jeff Cheng (founder of OSO) and then there was the "MAXX" boat which is currently in Lauderdale being restored by a really cool guy, Steve "Boomer" that bought the boat from his father when his health went down hill (died in 17). Steves father had originally raced it. There was also one single step F-2 built, that will actually be in LOTO for the run too (one of only 2 or 3 single step cigs built, they didn't perform well) and there was 3 F-2 sit down Gladiators built (two canopied) as well as a handful of straight hull late 90's F-2 Guns. F-2 was actually, in my opinion, the best racing there has ever been in Offshore racing. HUGE fleets of every imaginable offshore brands. Heyday was late 90's into early 00's when it was discontinued.

LAPII

Reaction score
Cig with the girl on deck with the number 1...looks like Gary Sanchez’s old cig.

Outlaw Boat Transport

Reaction score
Correct. ;)

4 Twin Step Top Gun F-2's built. 3 of them currently in Lauderdale and one in LOTO. 3 will be in LOTO for this run - Bobby and Steve (dad and son) own the Virgin boat (that just came from So. Ca. but originally raced by Tres Martin as the Virgin Boat) and "Lucky Strike" that was originally raced by Phil Lipschutz to the world champions under the Lip-Ship name. Those boats are pictured above. Guy named Ken, who's from LOTO and will be there for the run owns "Speed Racer" that was originally raced by Dick Simon then sold to Jeff Cheng (founder of OSO) and then there was the "MAXX" boat which is currently in Lauderdale being restored by a really cool guy, Steve "Boomer" that bought the boat from his father when his health went down hill (died in 17). Steves father had originally raced it. There was also one single step F-2 built, that will actually be in LOTO for the run too (one of only 2 or 3 single step cigs built, they didn't perform well) and there was 3 F-2 sit down Gladiators built (two canopied) as well as a handful of straight hull late 90's F-2 Guns. F-2 was actually, in my opinion, the best racing there has ever been in Offshore racing. HUGE fleets of every imaginable offshore brands. Heyday was late 90's into early 00's when it was discontinued.

I think the MAXX boat is at Tres Martins getting work done to it

pixrthis

Reaction score
I shall search. Shouldn't be too hard to miss. Remodeled and updated straight guns catch my attention.

Is it this one by chance? Has 3A's from LOTO.

View attachment 761885
I think it’s dark blue, a full Kevlar hull, and 3’s not 3A’s. He has a condo on the water there and was a good guy to deal with. Hoping the rest of his remodel was drama free.

pixrthis

Reaction score
Correct. ;)

I’ll never forget the Speedracer boat rolling, not all the way over, in the first turn right in front and to my outside of me at a race in Benicia and watching Dick Simon skipping across the water in front of a bunch of Factory 1 boats to my outside. Thank God nobody hit him.

River Dirt 2

Brummett 21
Reaction score
It's large plastic sheets. they drape it over loose, tape it and then heat it to shrink and suck up to the boat. I'll text you the video. It's a trip to watch.

I want to say it's like 500-800 to get done

Question, so do they wrap it again for the tow back home?

H2O

Reaction score
In the spirit of RD's Forth of July post....4 words:

PARTY COVE - SEND PICS!