WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Which do you use????

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
or all three? Weber, Blackstone or Traeger??
62571319_2078570962272738_922163520361988096_n.jpg

charlyox

Reaction score
I bought a Treager and haven't really used that much. I was using it and the hopper stopped feeding pellets and it went into default mode. I tapped the side of it and the pellets fell into the auger. I don't know how long it sat like that. I thought you could set it and forget it. I don't want to babysit it.

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
I bought a Treager and haven't really used that much. I was using it and the hopper stopped feeding pellets and it went into default mode. I tapped the side of it and the pellets fell into the auger. I don't know how long it sat like that. I thought you could set it and forget it. I don't want to babysit it.
common issue on some models..........fill the hopper and put a "weight" on top of the pellets

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
I use all three. Like said I also have similar equipment.

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
My setup is a nice grill, the vision ceramic "Q" and a pellet vertical smoker.
I have been looking at a griddle for a few months now.

common issue on some models..........fill the hopper and put a "weight" on top of the pellets
Given the overpriced markup on Tregger, you still need to do things like this?????

TeamGreene

Reaction score
Weber Kettle's, Old Country Pecos offset smoker, Blackstone 36, Drum smoker

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score

We had problems with pellets from Costco...they were way to long and would jam up the auger feed.

81Sprint

Reaction score
I bought the big Pit Boss pellet for the house and the medium size for the fifth wheel from Wally world. works great so far, but mostly use a weber kettle.
IMG_0843.jpg

Last edited:

DLC

Reaction score
I’d like to get a black stone for breakfast cooking....

I have gas, Traeger and Weber. They all work great for different cooks

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
I do all the smoking at our house. My wife loves to bbq so she does that . We have a Weber and a propane bbq .Now she wants a Blackstone. I'm going to have to build a bigger deck.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
We have a SS grill and 2 camp chefs

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
s-l400.jpg

I have this char griller for over 10 years.
I converted the smoker side box to propane, for ease of using wood.

No pellets here. I use only real wood, avacado, pecan, mesquite, juniper, red oak, apricot, cherry and apple.

Definitely not as fancy as some, but I use it several times a week. And yes, I might have to babysit it with a cold adult beverage in my hand. The finished product speaks for itself.

Dan'l

Keymyster

Reaction score
I have a Treager. Went cheap and bought a small one. Should have gotten the bigger one.

sintax

Reaction score
i'd push them all off of the patio and go pick up a Kamado (big green egg), but if i had to choose, i'd take the webber

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
i'd push them all off of the patio and go pick up a Kamado (big green egg), but if i had to choose, i'd take the webber
I'll drink to that! Gas grill and Traeger just sit now.
20190607_191417.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
My Vision Q is a Kamado. Greatest traditional style BBQ ever built. I would not spend the money on a BGE. I think they are a good product but massively overpriced. There are a few cheaply made Kamodo's on the market but there is a lot of middle ground.
If you want to want to really step up the charcoal game the Kamodo's are hard to beat. Used several different types of charcoal grills over the years and there is absolutely no comparison. There is little babysitting of them once you are used to how they cook and you can sear or drop clear down to a fairly warm smoke.

cpdad93

Reaction score
I am not particular which one you use, just put a nice cold dark microbrew in my hand, a bloody ribeye, stuffed grilled jalapeno and some sweet corn rubbed with garlic in front of me and you will hear no complaints.

Angler

Tritoon Racing
Reaction score
I’d like to get a black stone for breakfast cooking....

I have gas, Traeger and Weber. They all work great for different cooks
I just bought a table top blackstone for my rig. Now I'm definitely getting one for the house too.

Reactions: DLC