WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

NBA is fixed! See the end of that?

riverroyal

Reaction score
I dunno, seems like they tried everything to go to game 7. Wtf was that foul with .8 seconds???

JD D05

Reaction score
That foul was irrelevant. GS did get all the 50/50 calls in the last 5 min though.

Bullet28

Nor Cal Delta
Reaction score
Well shit, we all know about KD and now Clay tore his ACL. My Warriors are just beat to shit, no way was game 7 going to be fixed. The foul really meant nothing like JD D said.

Socalx09

Reaction score
Well shit, we all know about KD and now Clay tore his ACL. My Warriors are just beat to shit, no way was game 7 going to be fixed. The foul really meant nothing like JD D said.
Klay is freakin tough. Was running and jumping after he got up. I know you can walk with a torn ACL, but he really wanted to get back in after the initial pain of the injury.

Bullet28

Nor Cal Delta
Reaction score
Klay is freakin tough. Was running and jumping after he got up. I know you can walk with a torn ACL, but he really wanted to get back in after the initial pain of the injury.

That was probably adrenaline, but what a sad deal. I destroyed my ACL in 92 I couldn’t walk and I have no cartilage at all the way down to bone on bone. He is tough as heck. He left the arena on crutches. It’s something how two big players get hurt and how it changes the free agent landscape.

I’ve been a Warriors fan for 30 years and have never seen anything like this.

Socalx09

Reaction score
That was probably adrenaline, but what a sad deal. I destroyed my ACL in 92 I couldn’t walk and I have no cartilage at all the way down to bone on bone. He is tough as heck. He left the arena on crutches. It’s something how two big players get hurt and how it changes the free agent landscape.

I’ve been a Warriors fan for 30 years and have never seen anything like this.
It is very sad to watch all those injuries. Klay should be good, but KD may never be the same again:/

I’m a lakers fan, but the warriors have been the team I have been watching since I watch 82 miserable games a year.

This summer/next year is going to be very unpredictable. Kawhi might still leave even after winning.

The AD to the Lakers trade needs to happen ASAP. LeBrons only chance to win in LA IMO is now next year with all the injuries.

watching the finals with those devastating injuries to superstar players sucked!

Bullet28

Nor Cal Delta
Reaction score
It is very sad to watch all those injuries. Klay should be good, but KD may never be the same again:/

I’m a lakers fan, but the warriors have been the team I have been watching since I watch 82 miserable games a year.

This summer/next year is going to be very unpredictable. Kawhi might still leave even after winning.

The AD to the Lakers trade needs to happen ASAP. LeBrons only chance to win in LA IMO is now next year with all the injuries.

watching the finals with those devastating injuries to superstar players sucked!

I agree, it’s going to be interesting to see how it all unfolds. Good time to be a hoop fan.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
The Raptors showed their talent and perserverence. I hope the press doesn't make the Warriors injuries take away from that fact.

The Warriors showed a lot of class as they all hugged it out.....

JD D05

Reaction score
The Raptors showed their talent and perserverence. I hope the press doesn't make the Warriors injuries take away from that fact.

The Warriors showed a lot of class as they all hugged it out.....

Warriors did show a lot of class. People forget the good luck the Warriors have had in years past....One year every team they played in the Playoffs lost there point guard. The Finals with no Kyrie etc.

j21black

Reaction score
Warriors did show a lot of class. People forget the good luck the Warriors have had in years past....One year every team they played in the Playoffs lost there point guard. The Finals with no Kyrie etc.

That was the strangest championship celebration I can ever recall seeing.

It was almost like the foul called with 9/10 ths left on the clock killed the entire thing. Toronto knew they had won it, and most of them didn't seem to amp'd up after the final buzzer blew.

And what the Warriors did, was one of the classiest things I've seen from an NBA team, but I have to admit, the Pistons walking off the court before the game ended in the ECF years ago made it much more interesting....

JD D05

Reaction score
That was the strangest championship celebration I can ever recall seeing.

It was almost like the foul called with 9/10 ths left on the clock killed the entire thing. Toronto knew they had won it, and most of them didn't seem to amp'd up after the final buzzer blew.

And what the Warriors did, was one of the classiest things I've seen from an NBA team, but I have to admit, the Pistons walking off the court before the game ended in the ECF years ago made it much more interesting....

I actually didn't watch it after the buzzer.

Bullet28

Nor Cal Delta
Reaction score
Dynasties don’t last forever but I believe that was what the Warriors were. It’s being reported out of the Bay Area the minute the clock strikes they will offer Clay and KD their max contracts. I think Clay will stay and it won’t bother me if KD goes and that’s before he got hurt, and hard to say if he will ever be close to the same player. Out here they’re saying he could exercise his player option then bail, but that’s the idiot talking heads. I’m a Warriors fan and my belief is if those two don’t get hurt it’s game over. No sour grapes here the Bay has produced some of the best runs ever for all the different sports teams and I’ve have seen it all. Just think if you are truly a Raptors fan and Leonard leaves.

I don’t take anything away from the Raptors but I do put it in perspective, and cool for the fans of Canada.

JD D05

Reaction score
Dynasties don’t last forever but I believe that was what the Warriors were. It’s being reported out of the Bay Area the minute the clock strikes they will offer Clay and KD their max contracts. I think Clay will stay and it won’t bother me if KD goes and that’s before he got hurt, and hard to say if he will ever be close to the same player. Out here they’re saying he could exercise his player option then bail, but that’s the idiot talking heads. I’m a Warriors fan and my belief is if those two don’t get hurt it’s game over. No sour grapes here the Bay has produced some of the best runs ever for all the different sports teams and I’ve have seen it all. Just think if you are truly a Raptors fan and Leonard leaves.

I don’t take anything away from the Raptors but I do put it in perspective, and cool for the fans of Canada.

I am not a fan of any team one in the NBA. At the beginning of the the GS run before they won a title I loved to watch them. Than I started to really not like them at all for a number of reasons. I really think they would have lost to the Cavs the year Kyrie and Love was out but that is moot. I think Leonard is leaving.

The other series I thought would have been interesting was against the Spurs in 17 before Zaza or whatever ran under Leonard.

Last edited:

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Raptors fans cheering when KD went down was real classy. True fans want to see great players play great players. KL is a great player. He's always going to know that they were not winning a championship against a healthy GS. Shit game 7 is being played if klay doesn't get hurt.

Bullet28

Nor Cal Delta
Reaction score
I am not a fan of any team one in the NBA. At the beginning of the the GS run before they won a title I loved to watch them. Than I started to really not like them at all for a number of reasons. I really think they would have lost to the Cavs the year Kyrie and Love was out but that is moot. I think Leonard is leaving.

I get what you are saying, they clearly can rub some the wrong way. I think what we have witnessed is we won’t see this again 5 straight finals 3 time champs and 100 games a year. I believe you are a Patriots fan and I feel the same as you in regards to them but man you can’t deny the greatness of the Patriots. I guess I’m really a dynasty type fan. My A’s and Raiders dominated for so long and then it’s all a cycle all over.

JD D05

Reaction score
I get what you are saying, they clearly can rub some the wrong way. I think what we have witnessed is we won’t see this again 5 straight finals 3 time champs and 100 games a year. I believe you are a Patriots fan and I feel the same as you in regards to them but man you can’t deny the greatness of the Patriots. I guess I’m really a dynasty type fan. My A’s and Raiders dominated for so long and then it’s all a cycle all over.

It would be really hard no doubt. They had a perfect storm of draft pics, free agents, and health. OKC had the talent to do it.

Bullet28

Nor Cal Delta
Reaction score

The other series I thought would have been interesting was against the Spurs in 17 before Zaza or whatever ran under Leonard.

I forgot about that, the things that can change a series is unreal. Who would have thought KD and Clay both go out the way they did. When Clay went down I said to my wife can you believe this and I got the pat on the head geez.

JD D05

Reaction score
I forgot about that, the things that can change a series is unreal. Who would have thought KD and Clay both go out the way they did. When Clay went down I said to my wife can you believe this and I got the pat on the head geez.

Terrible luck. What's your opinion on KD and how it went down?

Bullet28

Nor Cal Delta
Reaction score
Terrible luck. What's your opinion on KD and how it went down?

It’s really hard for me to believe they would play him if he wasn’t medically cleared. I know in his Instagram post he said I wanted to play and that’s what I do. I think deep down he knew he wasn’t right and he has taken a ton of criticism from the national media. But I really believe they should have saved him from himself no matter what. When he came out and scored a quick 11 I said here we go. If it comes out in some way they knew it could have huge affects on future FA. I bet the team Doc gets fired. Man even though it’s just sports I hate to see this happen to any player let alone a great one in KD.

JD D05

Reaction score
It’s really hard for me to believe they would play him if he wasn’t medically cleared. I know in his Instagram post he said I wanted to play and that’s what I do. I think deep down he knew he wasn’t right and he has taken a ton of criticism from the national media. But I really believe they should have saved him from himself no matter what. When he came out and scored a quick 11 I said here we go. If it comes out in some way they knew it could have huge affects on future FA. I bet the team Doc gets fired. Man even though it’s just sports I hate to see this happen to any player let alone a great one in KD.

So I know the head trainer for GS I have met him a couple times. His best friend is one of my families closest friends etc. He asked him and he couldn't say...pre Achilles

BajaMike

Reaction score
A friend of mine used to say, “in the NBA, the refs job is to keep the game close”. If you notice, the winning team almost always gets called for more fouls. The NFL also wants “parity”. No dynasties. And that penalty at .9 seconds to go with the Raptors having the ball and the lead, and a 5 minute delay was ridiculous.....

My uncle used to say, they should give each team 100 points and have 2 minutes to play, because that’s the best part.....the networks and the NBA doesn’t like that idea.

Bullet28

Nor Cal Delta
Reaction score
So I know the head trainer for GS I have met him a couple times. His best friend is one of my families closest friends etc. He asked him and he couldn't say...pre Achilles

Wow what a small world, it’s really tough to say how this all turns out. But sadly if there’s a fall guy we know who it will be. I just repeating a couple of knuckleheads on tv but it makes sense when they said if there up 3-1 he wouldn’t play and I agree. We all saw ice on the calf and ice on the Achilles that seemed strange. KD really knows where it hurt and he may never reveal. I guess a bad calf sprain could cause lower pain it makes sense.

I honestly believe both parties share blame to some degree but they said he was clear to go and the rest is history. I’m no Leonard fan but that young man stuck to his guns and it played out just fine a hell of a player. What do you think.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
The beauty of Ice Hockey.
No autopsy, no foul.

JD D05

Reaction score
Wow what a small world, it’s really tough to say how this all turns out. But sadly if there’s a fall guy we know who it will be. I just repeating a couple of knuckleheads on tv but it makes sense when they said if there up 3-1 he wouldn’t play and I agree. We all saw ice on the calf and ice on the Achilles that seemed strange. KD really knows where it hurt and he may never reveal. I guess a bad calf sprain could cause lower pain it makes sense.

I honestly believe both parties share blame to some degree but they said he was clear to go and the rest is history. I’m no Leonard fan but that young man stuck to his guns and it played out just fine a hell of a player. What do you think.

I honestly have no clue who is or if anyone is to blame at all.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Hard to predict injuries like the achilles. The leg was strained and weakened. Same with Thompson's knee. He just came down at a bad angle and bnag.

Also hard to say what effect the injuries had on the final outcome. Raptors deserve respect for their hard play regardless. The mental part was in their favor as GS played with a lot of media attention on the FA's futures. Plus the Raptors bench played better. Another thing to consider is Cousins play and how it somewhat replaced the injured.

It was a good and entertaining series

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
never watched a game....
just watched the Stanley Cup.... Real Sport, not so much whining or flopping.... 30 sec left in game = 30 sec left in game