WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

People keep asking me what happened..

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So instead of typing it all out a hundred times in text I figured I would just write it here.

We were rafted up about six boats out at a bar called Frank and Luois.. (sp?).

About four boats closer to the dock was a CC called War Party. That was our initial back up ride if we didn’t connect with kelly in his 42 Tiger.

Anyhow the guy that owns War Party is a nice guy named Bubba and this was his new CC (old one was present as well) so I figured I’d go talk with him a bit get a quick interview and setup partying with him and crew later that night etc..

Literally got up on the engine hatch and went to walk across to the next boat. For some reason everything inside of me was saying “don’t take that step.” I literally consciously said “no big deal”. Two similar boars, similar heights, similar seats etc.. just walking boat to boat like I have done a hundred times.

Took the step and when my right foot set down I heard a pop and I just started falling. As I went past my foot backwards I did notice it was no longer facing the correct way. I kinda hit the front of the backseat with my side before landing on my back on the floor.

Somewhere in all of that I heard a second pop and that hurt even more than the first one.. Then when the rest of me came down my broken foot hit the back seat and floor which kind of orientated back to normal.

Ended up being broken in three places and dislocated but relocated on the final impact.. (which was a good thing).

It wasn't a drunk maneuver or anything like that. Just a shit happens moment that I will never forget. After it happened we didn’t have any medicine so a i was drinking on the boat.. Then made our Uber driver stop to get another six pack on way to hospital.

The pain has been unbearable for the last 24 hours and my hands are shaking even right now to it’s hard to type. Only thing that seems to help is IBProfreb 800’s.. the Norco/Narco whatever’s don’t seem to work for me.

Appreciate everyone reaching out and texting etc.

I’m probably gonna be out of commission for awhile.

Big thanks to HeadlessHula for stepping up and taking over most of my responsibilities for the following week.

He is going to Nashville along with Tom to represent rdp and to cover the big press release Merc Racing is doing.

This is one of the biggest things Merc has done in decades and to say my spirits are low about missing it now is an understatement.

RD

DB / HAV

Reaction score
Really sorry to hear about this. I am praying for a speedy recovery. Hope that pain goes away soon!!

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I’ll be in LHC if you need help with anything.
Hope the pain is tolerable.

Reactions: DWC

wallnutz

Reaction score
Damn Dave, take care and make sure that heals right or your in for a lifetime of problems. Get a couple opinions if necessary before surgery. Are you going back to LHC to have it taken care of? I’m sure someone here can recommend a good surgeon if needed.

Roaddawg

Reaction score
Sucks to hear Dave but you area surrounded by good people to get you through

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
Sorry to hear you got hurt Dave. Hope you get better and back home safe.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Damn Dave, take care and make sure that heals right or your in for a lifetime of problems. Get a couple opinions if necessary before surgery. Are you going back to LHC to have it taken care of? I’m sure someone here can recommend a good surgeon if needed.

Not sure how we are going to do it but we are heading home starting tomorrow.

Just laying on a bed is hard enough and I have to move about every 15 min to control swelling and pain. How I’m going to deal with ten plus hours of traveling tomorrow I dunno..

River Runnin

Reaction score
Time to ditch the beer and grab the Jack! ;) Hope your feeling better soon! Them damn thongs laying on the back of them thong boats will get you every time! :p:D

MrMayhem

Reaction score
Sorry brother. I know you were looking forward to this trip! Lots of meds and alcohol should do the trick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brobee

Reaction score
Damn Dave, that’s hard to read. It sucks to be taken out by something like that. I hope you have a speedy recovery, it sounds like you’re in good hands and I’m sure you know you have an army of friends that would help you in any way they can any time they can. Feel better brother.

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
Fuk that sucks man, terrible way to ruin a good time.. hopefully it's a fairly quick recovery!

On a nother note.. with Hula reporting, it probably wont be "two weeks" to get the info..lol jk

LazyLavey

Reaction score
That's a drag D...

just to cheer you up...

Some of those things we did when we were young(er) just don't go so well when we mature!!

Get outta that bed soon!!

dezrtracer

Reaction score
Damn Dave that really suxs . You always do everything all in and this was no exception .. Heal up quick buddy ....

RCDave

Reaction score
OMG...sorry to hear this. Wishing you a safe trip back and a fast textbook recovery.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Made to back deck finally.

26F8B4CE-A260-4499-89C9-A13871042718.jpeg

JD D05

Reaction score
Damn Dave that sucks for that to happen period but out of town really sux.

PlanB

Reaction score
Damn, hope you feel better. Had a girl do almost the same thing years ago on a raft up. Walking engine hatch to engine hatch and broke her ankle when she slipped on our’s.

Spudsbud

Reaction score
Again, been there buddy.
advice, take the norco before you leave, or better yet call the doc now. Tell him it not working. Ask for a different script. This is common. Like Hydrocodone. Better.
Side note about Codene..... in norCO.
very binding...... constipation x 10.
Just a heads up.
Trust me.....

Lucky Larry

Reaction score
And to think I was gonna invite you on my boat. Maybe you should stick to ground drinking. I can see it now. “Rdp land division website”

Socalx09

Reaction score
Hope you heal fast and right. Hope you also get out of pain soon. Sorry to read this!

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Bummer deal Dave best of luck to you in you medical battle. Had another friend with similar injury. I hope that you’re is a faster. He is a few months out of commission.

At least you didn’t get the first ass kissing in the docktagon.

Squirtsfar

Reaction score
What a bummer Dave, I hope it heals up quick!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

LuckyStrike

Just Plain Crazy
Reaction score
Sucks RD...Not to many people No I broke my Right Shoulder (Humerous Bone) Real fucking Funny...About a month ago Just got out of the Sling
Hope the best for you...And More So to Your Wife...That has to put up with you for 4 Months...
Im to Old for This Shit
Best Wishes....And Where is my Package...LOL

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Sucks RD. Hoping for a safe trip home and a speedy recovery as well.
You gotta a lot of inmates pulling for ya.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Sucks RD...Not to many people No I broke my Right Shoulder (Humerous Bone) Real fucking Funny...About a month ago Just got out of the Sling
Hope the best for you...And More So to Your Wife...That has to put up with you for 4 Months...
Im to Old for This Shit
Best Wishes....And Where is my Package...LOL

Did Amber not send you the package? I told her two a week or two ago??

HST4ME

Reaction score
Your ballerina days are over. My knee said fuck you one day doing something i did everyday for years. Getting old is a bitch..take the time and do your recovery right! ....but it will never be the same again

musicFunsun

I Love BoBo!!!
Reaction score
Hope the pain subsides soon and your recovery is speedy.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I would probably eat a Xanax or Valium and go to sleep. Probably not the beat advice but It’s what I would try

charlyox

Reaction score
That SUX. RD. I hope you heal fast.

gqchris

Reaction score
Hope you feel better Dave.

Nothing worse than losing our mobility. We all take it so fore granted , and when its gone, its just frustrating as hell!

I broke my tib/fib years ago and was in a cast for a year. I didnt do surgery, and regret it now. All kinds of ailments from it.

Long Way Home

Dog Days of Summer!
Reaction score
When walking from boat to boat did you use the swim step to swim step or the motor hatch/fiberglass way?

nowski

Reaction score
RD can't sing, RD can't dance, I hope RD heals fast...

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Ouch! Twinkle toes you ain't...lol

Hope you recover quickly and have to admit I am cringing just thinking about the pops.....

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
Again, been there buddy.
advice, take the norco before you leave, or better yet call the doc now. Tell him it not working. Ask for a different script. This is common. Like Hydrocodone. Better.
Side note about Codene..... in norCO.
very binding...... constipation x 10.
Just a heads up.
Trust me.....
...Should you opt for the Norco or hydrocodone (they’re actually one in the same)...and end up taking large quantities...make sure that you buy some sugar-free orange flavored metamucill from Walmart and use it up to three times a day...otherwise you may get unbelievably plugged up...And if surgery is required and they offer you morphine... if you can stay away from it do... as morphine will really plug you up...
upload_2019-6-15_17-41-2.jpeg

TCHB

Reaction score
Ouch!!!!

If you need anything around the house just PM me.