WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Dash cameras

USMC2010

Reaction score
What is everyone running for dash cameras in their vehicles? Looking for front and rear coverage. Inquiring minds want to know.

Last edited:

2Driver

Reaction score
I have the thinkware f70 in each car. Super small and great video. I put in a slightly larger sd card so it runs in 4 hour loops, but it records to a “save” file if anything is hit or you can touch a button to save 1 minute files at a time if you see something. Cool thing is it takes the 10 seconds prior plus 50 seconds as the saved file

Handy footage to see how the tech drove your car when its in for service or the car wash

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
I have the AUKEY DR01 in 4 of my vehicles and they work great. Never looked into the dual cam setups cause I felt like it wasn't necessary. Whatever you get, make sure it's capacitor based. They last longer than battery operated cams under extreme heat

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
I have the thinkware f70 in each car. Super small and great video. I put in a slightly larger sd card so it runs in 4 hour loops, but it records to a “save” file if anything is hit or you can touch a button to save 1 minute files at a time if you see something. Cool thing is it takes the 10 seconds prior plus 50 seconds as the saved file

Handy footage to see how the tech drove your car when its in for service or the car wash

LOL Great use of the horn. :rocking:

USMC2010

Reaction score

I would make a hard bet here you would get cited for excessive horn usage.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
LOL I have a file of the good ones I've captured including my 17 being pulled over for speeding and his conversation with the cop. Hilarious, he is so polite he told the cop to have a nice day.

LOL I have been telling everyone that I am bringing the honking to Honolulu. I hate that no one pays attention and then the people behind them don’t honk. They say oh it is the aloha spirit. BS!!!!! Let’s get these cars going!!! I got places to go, things to do and people to see.

M O V E. I T !!!!

USMC2010

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, still looking for more ideas. I want to run front/back in both of mine and my kids vehicles, 4 total. I'm even setting up my Harley.

badluck24/7

Reaction score
What is everyone running for dash cameras in their vehicles? Looking for front and rear coverage. Inquiring minds want to know.
Not much help but I wanted front/rear coverage and couldn’t find what I wanted at the time. Ended up buying a cheap no name unit off a vendor at the fair. Lasted a few years. Worked great until it didn’t.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Dash cam on a boat?
Chop cause it to save like an impact?

STV_Keith

Reaction score
I've got an older Lukas LK-7950wd unit. Front and rear facing cameras. I mounted the rear facing camera on the bottom of the mirror, so it looks into the cabin and drivers window. You can see some stuff through the rear window, but my main goal was occupants and anyone coming to the drivers window. They have better ones now, but this one does all I need. Their website is: http://www.qviadashcam.net/

dashcam-2-small.jpg

HocusPocus

Stihl Outdoor Power Equip
Reaction score
I have a Vantrue N2 Pro. It has the forward and rear facing cameras, on the video playback it records each one separate. It wires into the car if you like and its small, the video is good.
A79U_131546873757300075pmzDpYp0rP.jpg

aka619er

That Guy.....
Reaction score
I have a Vantrue N2 Pro. It has the forward and rear facing cameras, on the video playback it records each one separate. It wires into the car if you like and its small, the video is good. View attachment 770890
I too have the VanTrue N2 Pro. Works great in all our vehicles. I went ahead and hard wired it directly to the ignition instead of the stock cigarette charger.