WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Avalon Ambassador thoughts on these pontoons

Albert

Reaction score
my neighbor is about to pull the trigger and asking what my thoughts are in this boat. Honestly I have no experience with pontoons are these built well ? Good resale values ? Any input would be appreciated thanks !

sirbob

Reaction score
I know someone who is knows them very well. He is very fond of them and they seem to be well built. Heck, they took one to Cuba a year or two ago from FLA!

Don't know anything about resale

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Just bought one from the dealer in Fresno, should be here at my house later this week. We have had Benningtons, and now Avalon, they are all pretty close in build quality, just different looks and dealer experiences I think is what drives the purchase process, thats what it came down to for us.

Sunset

Reaction score
my neighbor is about to pull the trigger and asking what my thoughts are in this boat. Honestly I have no experience with pontoons are these built well ? Good resale values ? Any input would be appreciated thanks !
Avalon is a great boat and built like a tank. I have owned a Playcraft and a Bennington and like the ride of the Avalon the best .
Make sure he gets the wave glider package and the largest motor for resale.

YoPengo

Inmate #47
Reaction score
I own one. Love it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
I've had mine for few seasons now with 350 verado. Family loves it. Quality has been excellent but keep in mind these are not custom one off high end boats like we had previously. He can PM me any questions about them if he wants.

Albert

Reaction score
I've had mine for few seasons now with 350 verado. Family loves it. Quality has been excellent but keep in mind these are not custom one off high end boats like we had previously. He can PM me any questions about them if he wants.
Thx Lavey29 hes not a member here hes a riverwhips guy JK!! He doesnt belong to any forums but Im going to pass on the info. I appreciate it . Hes lookng at the 350 verado as well

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
Thx Lavey29 hes not a member here hes a riverwhips guy JK!! He doesnt belong to any forums but Im going to pass on the info. I appreciate it . Hes lookng at the 350 verado as well

You're welcome. They even have 400 verados now which is just a little less performance then the 400R. Mines the 27' with the rear loungers. I get high 40s out of it with 4 on board and 3/4 tank. Cruise mostly mid 30s. Been great for kids tubing and can pull a skier or wake board no problem. Full coverage insurance for under 300 a year. Electric bimini is nice option and the Luna flooring. I picked mine up from Jack at Pacific marine in madera. He delivered it to my house in so ca inland empire. 6 year warranty on motor.

checkrd past

Reaction score
Been reading a lot of Pontoon and deck boat magazine the last year and think the #1 thing to think about is the use of composite decking. Need to check out the mag its mostly back east stuff and they take their pontoons way too seriously. Which is a good thing.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Is it normal for the underside of the deck to be exposed raw plywood, visible between the toons? I’ve looked under quite a few toons while in the water next to them and seems like none of them are sealed up?

PlanB

Reaction score
Is it normal for the underside of the deck to be exposed raw plywood, visible between the toons? I’ve looked under quite a few toons while in the water next to them and seems like none of them are sealed up?

Depends on the brand and model. Our's is completely covered in aluminum.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score

It’s usually an option to have it covered, aka “wave shield”